Joined: 18 March 2006
The following 68 member(s) liked the above post:
IotaGamer, naruaich, poem, SheIsTheOne, sehreen07, Anuszka, scorpio-girl, MahinK, shonia09, Maazz, athenasarwale, arya_lakshmi, dazzling_akshi, --Flora--, -Siddhi-, dipi.15, -prime-, nabz8888, minaz296, .Vrish., harshadbaaz, ..Chandni.., Ayushii_Angel, prachurya, Aya., ForeverSHINee, masaf59, silky_harshad, ..Apz.., -Nakshatra-, flutterby, ..Orla.., HaRul-lover, srijaaa127, Elysia, -Payal-, april10, shruthiR, tvmylove, ..Naina.., -Maha-, Tani91, romiosugar1, Sandstone, RoyalLEO_Krrish, Saraa., mysticgoryfilms, -Faiza-, PristineSoul, DJ.., lonelyshadow, Lubz.TaAnu, -MariaMars-, AngelicDesires, Ephemera, TeAmo_Messi, -Araina-, -INFINITE-, -Deepali-, _SilentSoul_, snowflake., mishti_17, carisma2, -Jwalamukhi-, SunShine_A, Faraan92, Soaps1, -Swetha-,
Joined: 18 March 2006
The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:
SheIsTheOne, MahinK, dipi.15, -Siddhi-, -prime-, .Vrish., ..Chandni.., Strawbella, Aya., FindingShak, ..Orla.., ..Apz.., shruthiR, april10, Elysia, ..Naina.., Sandstone, -Maha-, RoyalLEO_Krrish, PristineSoul, Saraa., Ephemera, -Deepali-, -Araina-, -INFINITE-, snowflake., Faraan92, SunShine_A, -vandy-, -Jwalamukhi-, -Swetha-,
Joined: 18 March 2006
The following 48 member(s) liked the above post:
Aahaana, naruaich, swtluvria, angel-zarri, nivistar, athenasarwale, MahinK, scent_flower, *angel94*, -prime-, __Seya__, --Flora--, KS_Minion, prachurya, Aya., FindingShak, -Nakshatra-, ..Orla.., ..Apz.., betty123, Elysia, ..Naina.., mysticgoryfilms, Sandstone, .Sidra, Tani91, RoyalLEO_Krrish, Saraa., DJ.., lonelyshadow, PristineSoul, Fatima_Q, Ephemera, -Araina-, TeAmo_Messi, snowflake., neeme, -Deepali-, _SilentSoul_, -vandy-, carisma2, -Jwalamukhi-, Faraan92, KhatamKahani, -Swetha-, serendipity., asmuasmi, Sano88,
Joined: 25 October 2008
1. Comparison Topics/Instigating Posts/Plotting: Instigating topics and comparison posts on this forum are NOT allowed. Some members purposely instigate others and believe they can get by with it and some plan attacks in other places and decide to disrupt the functioning of the forum. Well, it will not happen anymore.
2. Regarding AT threads: There are Appreciation Threads for all the Jodi's. Please do not create individual threads over little things that can be discussed in AT. Please remember to not chat and stay on topic. All the Physical attributes of the Actors(eyes/nose/Hair) should be discussed in the AT's of the respective Actor. Please avoid opening separate Topics for them.
1. You are not allowed to discuss other members or other fan groups in ATs
2. You are not allowed to discuss the other actor ( applies to only KV and Harshad)
3. You are not allowed to discuss others shows or other actors who are not related to DSDDSB
4. Appreciation threads are specifically meant for fans who appreciate the actor.
3. Name-Calling/Stereotyping: Giving names to other fans: Bashers, Haters and etc. will not be tolerated. From now on name calling, bashing other fans, or stereotyping will not be allowed.In addition, comment on the show and not the viewers. It seems like half of the posts are targeted at the viewers rather than the show. Do not pass snide remarks at viewers of the show just because their interest lies in something different from yours.
4. Utilizing Report Feature: If anyone sees a thread/post/comment which is offending posted by someone, you will NOT take law into your own hands to teach a lesson to that person for insulting your favorite idol. That aggravates matters more and you also become liable for action for reacting thus. Instead you will simply make use of the "REPORT" button and report the thread by stating the reason clearly. As soon as the Dev Team comes online they would take the necessary action and try our best to resolve the issue. Note that this could take some time - just because you don't see anything doesn't mean that there is nothing happening behind the scenes. So don't make matters worse when you don't see anything.
5. Bashing/Personal Attacks: Bashing and making personal attacks against any actor/actress/CVs/members is not allowed. Make sure members know the difference between bashing and criticism. A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. But a basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily such that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Everyone has his or her own point of view. Let's respect it. You have the right to raise your opinion but one should see lines aren't crossed. Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member.This is against IF COC and won't be tolerated. Again, anything that you feel is bashing, or goes against the COC, simply use the report button rather than responding and escalating the issue any further.
Keep a control on your sarcasm. If the mods feel that your post is no longer critiquing, but is full of sarcasm/attacks... that will be held against you.
Also note that this is applicable to actors, as well as other members. Attacks on characters are perfectly legitimate, and it's perfectly fine to argue about them, so long as it doesn't escalate into personal attacks on either other members, or the actors, but is limited to the characters.. So far, we have been giving members the benefit of doubt, but whenever you are discussing these characters, make sure that you are not conflating character w/ actor, since the rules are very different for the treatment of either entity
6. Repeated Topics: Check a few pages back before making a topic on the same point. Repeated topics will be closed. We are noticing a lot of this lately, but going forward, we will feel free to either merge or close them
7. Quoting Posts/Members/Creations/Pictures: Don't quote long posts especially when it messes up the coding which makes it look bad. If you want to reply to someone use the @ format like @A: , @B: & so on. Only upto 3 quotes are allowed in a post given the fact they are relatively small quotes and not page long essays, unless the purpose of quoting the long post is to provide inline replies to the entire thing.
Definitely avoid quoting pictures or creations when responding to them, since they already slow down the site to begin with, particularly for readers who don't have high bandwidth.
A long quotation is justified only if your response would otherwise appear on a different page, and you want both the citation and the response to appear together. Aside from that, it is only justified for making inline replies. Please be selective about using it.
8. No Chatting/Spamming: Refrain yourself from chatting/spamming on the forum. Don't to start your personal chats in threads opened for various subjects/discussion topics. Please try to stick to the topic when posting replies. There is a Chat Club in the forum, so please use it.
9. Picture topics: We have a picture gallery and I want you all to use that. Please do not make anymore topics on pictures. If there are some special pictures that you want to post on the forum then you will have to ask Dev Team before opening a topic on pictures. We will allow picture topics on special occasion, but again only after taking permission. Post all the pictures in the Picture Gallery, including any kinds of screen caps from the episode. Separate topics can be created for off-screen pictures, including pictures from specific events.
10. Emotions: Do not type message or post reply full of emotions only. Emotions are used to emphasize how you feel when words alone aren't enough. They serve as 'add-ons' to your message BUT it doesn't mean that you are to type a whole line of Emoticons alone, without a single word or phrase (e.g. )! Messages containing only emotions will be deleted.
11. Posting Articles: Before posting any article please check to make sure that the article has not been posted before. IF has launched its own news hub Telly Buzz. We are now in direct competition with IndianTelevision & Telly Chakkar. See to it you do not post articles from these two websites. Also, do not copy paste articles from TC/ (Telly Tadka by changing the names or titles. No direct content from any of these sites will be allowed here. Do not post articles from Telly Buzz directly on forum. Provide link/source of the articles. Similarly, do NOT discuss articles from Telly Chakkar, Telly Tadka or IndianTelevision on I-F. These are against the greater I-F rules. In the future, any of these articles will be trashed without warning.
12. Organizing Contest/Activities: You may not post Contests/Activities/ Games/ Appreciation-Fan Threads without prior approval from the moderators. This forum has an organized GOTW/DOTW so if you want to participate, please sign up when the sign up lists are out.
13. Introduce Yourself: Members who are new to this section please introduce yourself in - Introduction Corner - thread instead of creating new post. Any new post created just for that reason will be trashed.
14. Promotions: I know some of you all are very excited that you have become senior member, goldie, IF dazzlers, IF rockerz.. and we are truly happy for you all, but since this is a DSDDSB forum those topics need to go in the Meme4u Forum.
15. Asking for Updates: Any new thread opened that is asking for written updates will be closed. There are designated updaters for each day, and the updates will be posted, so please be patient. That being said, you may ask in the Help Desk.
We now have a new line-up of updaters & back-ups. We expect them to have a detailed update up & running within 12 hours after the show originally airs. If you are a primary updater and can't do your role that day, PM your back-up and get a confirmation that it will be done. Conversely, if you are a back-up updater and don't see an update within 12 hours of the show originally airing, take it as a signal to do an update.
16. Use Like Button: Every often we see members posting thanks or tfs or one liner instead of using the Like button. The Like feature has come in place of Thank You feature so that spamming could be alleviated. Saying thanks, tfs, etc constitutes to spamming. If you have nothing more to say apart from thanks then just do so using the Like button. If you just want to post thanking an updater, we recommend that you post a line or two about the subject itself.
17. Help topics: If you have any queries regarding the show then please post it in !DSDDSB Help Desk- Post all Questions/Queries! We will definitely try our best to help out there.
18. Typing in CAPS LOCK: Please do not write in Cap Locks, not in any of the posts, and not as the titles for the threads that are opened. If you continue to do so it will result in a WL increase.
19. Creating MIDS: Creating MIDs (another account) on IF is not allowed under any circumstances. Wrong usage of creating a different account will result in a WL increase without any warnings as this is a serious issue.
20 Promo & TRP Threads: We have created a thread /+ DSDDSB Promos +\ just for all promos and glued it. From now on, all promos, and discussions about them must be posted there. Don't create any other promo threads. Similarly, any promo videos will be moved there. Note that NO exceptions will be allowed here. If you see a very exciting promo, celebrate the fact that you saw it by posting there, and as soon as we see it, we'll update the headline & index.
Similarly, a new thread about TRPs /+ TRP Ratings Thread +\ has been started , and that will be the sole thread in which TRPs can be posted - no exceptions. If you see the newly released TRPs, this is the place to post. It'll be updated & maintained in an index, and discussions can continue.
21. SBS/SBB Segments: Each fan group will be allowed to open their own thread for the SBS/SBB segments of Harshad Chopra and Karanvir Bohra, for which the videos can be restricted to only the parts of the respective actor. If an episode covers both Harshad and Karanvir, two separate threads should still be created for the discussions. That being said, no more than two new SBS/SBB threads should be opened per day, and remember no bashing the other character in the threads. Anyone who would like the complete segments, with both actors, can refer to the segments uploaded by the Videobies.
22. Official Forum Threads: Any threads that meant to be the " Official DSDDSB ______ Thread" will be open for everyone to post in, regardless of who started the thread. No restrictions can be made as to who can post and who cannot. In addition, please get the approval from one of the DT before posting any such thread that is meant for the whole forum. Once the thread gets approval from the DT, it will not belong to the TM, and therefore, the TM cannot tell anyone to stop posting.
23. Video Mixes: Members can open their own VM gallery which they can update from time to time. This way one can find creations (VM's) by a particular member in one thread itself. You can share/post your Creation in ::DSDDSB MediaGallery::
24. Telling others what to do: We would prefer members to stop preaching on the forum. Because there is now a designated DT for the forum, let the moderators decide what is needed on this forum and what is not or what one member is allowed to do or not. You cannot stop someone from posting in any topic. Any issues with any post, use the report button, and the matter will be looked into, but remember that the way the way the issue is resolved may not necessarily be in a way that you agree with.
25. No Stretching the Issue or Discussing the Matter After DT has Posted Warning: Though we urge you all to ignore and report, any of you ignore that and reply back. Also, despite DT posting warnings, members still stick to that incident instead of discussing the topic at hand. This stretches the issue. There is no need for you to reply back if the DT has already dealt with the issue. If people are so found of doing so, action will be taken.
26. Personal Lives of Actors NOT to be Discussed - Unless there is a statement from the actors, discussing an actor's personal life is not allowed on IF, not in ATs, and not in the general forum either. And please, don't encourage any further discussion on any rumors. Any such topics will be closed.
27. Stick to the topic of the thread. This has been touched on a bit above in point #8, but it's worth elaborating it separately here. Normally, this wouldn't be a rule, but what we've noticed is that in most of the threads where fights break out, it happens when someone posts something that, among other things, strays from the topic under discussion. We understand that while reading opinions, it's easy to get carried away and just continue the conversation, forgetting what the topic of the thread was in the first place. However, if we see any fights break out, and then see that any of the offending posts are irrelevant to the topic of the thread in question, the fact that that topic was hijacked will be held against you. So while posting, do consider whether your post is still consistent w/ the thread
Moderation: Not everyone on Dev Team is a moderator. Coolbies and Videobies do not fall under the category of Moderation as they only provide updates. The Moderation chain latter as follows: Viewbie > Moderator > Channel Moderator. Your first contact would be the section's Viewbie or Moderator as they will take care of day to day activities on the forum. If you have complaints regarding moderation those can be sent directly to CMs, but any other issues must be brought to the attention of Viewbies first. In case if any members feels that a warning being given is not justified or there is an error then please pm the DT member, but do not argue on the respective post and cause disruption. If you are not satisfied with the answer then please direct the concerns to CMs.
Warning Level Procedure: Please read this for full details on the warning procedure:New Warning Procedure. Dev Team will keep a running list of members, who will continue to break rules.
1. Verbal warning
2. PM warning from Dev Team
3. WL Increase.
4. Lead to possible Ban.
If for some reason you do not agree with the warning you have received in your topic then you need to PM the moderator/viewbie who warned you instead of starting an argument in the forum. If you are not satisfied with the reply given by the DT members then you may take up your issue with the Channel Moderators. However, absolutely no arguments on the forum as that will lead to a direct increase in your warning level.
Also note that all warnings, and WL raises happen in private - the COC for DT members precludes them from sharing such information w/ members outside their DTs. So please don't ask us why hasn't someone been warned - maybe she has, maybe she hasn't - unless she voluntarily reveals it, how would one know?
Note that in case of members who already have WLs of 20% or above, steps 1 & 2 above will not apply - if you violate any rules, you'll see a direct increase in your WLs. This is because since you already have a WL above zero, you are expected to be more mindful of the rules, and not post things that violate them. As a result, for those people, if we see violations, their WL's will go directly up. You'll see the offending post URL and the explanation in the WL itself.
If you have any doubts/suggestions/objections regarding anything then feel free to PM the DT. Or else, any questions or concerns regarding the above, post them in the gripes thread - /+ Your gripes about & suggestions for this forum +\
-DSDDSB Dev. Team
*Credit goes to SkyLight and -Preeti-*
The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:
MahinK, athenasarwale, sabrina.a, FindingShak, Aya., ForeverSHINee, ..Naina.., mysticgoryfilms, PristineSoul, snowflake., KhatamKahani,
Joined: 07 March 2009
The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:
athenasarwale, sabrina.a, crazygod, MahinK, -prime-, -Siddhi-, .Vrish., FindingShak, Aya., ForeverSHINee, -Nakshatra-, -Hina-, ..Apz.., mysticgoryfilms, PristineSoul, DJ.., KhatamKahani, prerna4rishav, _SilentSoul_, snowflake.,
Joined: 25 October 2008
The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:
First Ichhadhari Nevla, now an Icchadari Morni... what can makers of ...
What about Shakti Arora then?
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :