TOI: Navratri fever in tellyland-Anirudh

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Navratri fever in Tellyland

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Oct 14, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Read More:Rashami Desai Sandhu|Pooja Gor|Manav Gohil|JD Majethia|Giaa Manek|Deven Bhojani|Avika Gor
Navratri fever in Tellyland
Rashami Desai Sandhu
Small screen Gujarati stars talk to TOI about Navratri and garba 

Jay Bhanushali I love dandiya-raas. I visit Navratri venues too despite my hectic schedule. I love to watch people doing garba or dandiya — it is a beautiful sight. I pick up many dance steps every year! This year's special as it will be first Navratri after marrying Mahi. I'm sure our family will have some plans for us too. 

Shrenu Parikh I'm a huge fan of garba — I love to sing as well as do garba. I have been missing the Navratri in Vadodara for the last two years. Luckily this year, I'm going to be in Vadodara to judge a venue and do aarti as well. For the last two years, I've not got time to see Mumbai's disco-garba which is talked about. 

Neil Bhatt I'm shooting near Vadodara for my serial almost all the days of Navratri. I might take some time off to go to garba venues of Vadodara. It is my hometown and I know Navratri is celebrated best, here. Also, might go to Mumbai for a day as I'm invited to judge an event. 

Rashami Desai Sandhu It gets very difficult to do garba at public events. I can't miss out on garba, so the best option is to do garba with my neighbours. It's a private affair and I feel comfortable. Since I am shooting for a daily show now, which requires me to be on the sets everyday, I will have little time on hand . But, having said that I am set to dance for Navratri. 

Aniruddh Dave I enjoy garba in Ahmedabad. I am visiting a few places but our show will have a maha episode coming up so not sure if I will be able to make it. 

Giaa Manek Being a Gujarati, I simply love dandiya and garba. Until three years back, I used to go to garba venues and win prizes for my performances. But, ever since I have become part of the television industry I can't do garba in public places any more. This year I'll be in Ahmedabad, Jodhpur and Kolkata for Navratri. It is going to be fun and I don't mind adjusting my work schedule for this festivity. 

JD Majethia Within soaps, there's going to be a lot of Navratri celebration. I might go to garba venues with family as my daughters love to do garba. I like watching garba than do it, but for the sake of my daughters I might do a bit garba when I accompany them. 

Manav Gohil As I'm shooting for a daily soap, my schedule is very hectic. I might take a day off and will visit garba venues either in Ahmedabad or Vadodara. I love to do garba in my home town Vadodara. I can never do garba in Mumbai as they can't match up the Gujarat standards. 

Deven Bhojani When I was a kid, I used to love playing garbas and dandiyas, but not any more. Now during Navratris, I am invited as a guest and travel to different cities. A couple of times, I was also invited abroad. It's fun to visit cities and interact directly with my audience. This year too, I will be visiting a few cities. 

Pooja Gor I love garba, every year I always make it a point to go to Ahmedabad, for atleast one day. But this time sadly it's not possible as I'm working. 

Avika Gor Being a Gujarati, I love doing garba. This Navratri, I'll be visiting various cities. I finish off my studies well in advance to do garba. Not only that, I manage my shooting schedules so that I can take time out on all the nine nights for my trips or to enjoy garba..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanku eva for sharing.

I also do a 9 days fast in navratries...starting from 16...i m very excited.
Sonali.S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanku eva for sharing.

I also do a 9 days fast in navratries...starting from 16...i m very excited.

Means one more mahaepisode after few weeks or the same of 6 oct.
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Nahi Sonu this would an interview from last week or so... they'll never telecast back to back MEs like this for one show... 
Btw thanks armu... ðŸ˜³
Edited by lashy - 11 years ago
suki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

TFS!

BTW I know is going to be a very unpad and touristy question now, but what region of India are Ahmedabad and Vadodara? It just seems like along with Mumbai to be a very popular destination for people to go to.

suki11 thumbnail

Thanks Sharadda! Does that mean that Navratri is a predominantly Gujarati festival? Or are just focusing on Gujarati actors for this article?

Silentsoul thumbnail
Suk navratri is north Indian festivel but its best celebrated on Gujrat with Dandiya whole 10 days..
And he is Gujrati so may be they are.

I know Lash it much be last week..no ME for RJN
Edited by kuls11 - 11 years ago
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Navratri is an all India festival suki😳...but celebrated in different ways... (unlike Diwali which is crackers, sweets and Lakshmi pooja mostly!) 
Gujaratis celebrate it with dandia, fasting & aarti to the the Goddess... Punjabis I know of make halwa puri and have kanya pooja during this time... Bengalis erect pandals for statues of Goddess Kali and celebrate all 9 days by going Pandal hopping and then after 9th day the statues are immersed in water (like the Ganesh festival in Maharashtra) in Tamil Nadu/Karnataka/Andhra there is a system of erecting temporary small steps at home and placing idols of Gods and saints on them - calling married ladies home for haldi kumkum etc...

so depends on which region from India one is from
After Diwali, Navratri is definitely the most popular/important festival demographically in India - more so than even Holi or Ganesh chathurthi... ðŸ˜Š

hope that lengthy bhashan didn't bore you... 
suki11 thumbnail

@ Sharadda and Kuls lol thanks!

I'm really bad with Indian Festivals! Growing up in England the three main festivals I celebrate every yr. are Easter, Diwali and Christmas!

sybsms thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
in karnataka we celebrate it as dasara.since it has nt startd,i guess we wil hav one more ME.