Devon ke Dev Mahadev

\|/ Happy Navaratri \|/ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 14

-ShrNi-

IF-Veteran Member

-ShrNi-

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 3:59am | IP Logged
@Jaishree thanks for sharing!-i heard a lt about this custome but never had seen it!!!
@sukhi-OMG-those idols are so so so beautiful!!! definitely Bengalis make the most beautiful Devi Ma Idols...all of them are beautiful
i just love the way the Bengalis make Devi Maas eyes,so serine so beautiful,so kind
not to forget the detailing for her Vahaan the lion and Mahishasur is also amazing!
just a question the one on the left side to Devi Ma is Devi Laxmi and the idol to the right is of Devi Sarawati Na?
please keep the pics comming,im just awestuck by how beautiful those Devi Maa idols are

PS-you know i just noticed,hamari Sona actually has eyes like the Devi Maa Murti in the first picEmbarrassed

@Vrish-in Goa along with the Bangali Pandal we have a Pandal by the Oriya people as well!Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jayvenk.Vrish.sukhi...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "\|/ Happy Navaratri \|/ (Page 5)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-ShrNi-

IF-Veteran Member

-ShrNi-

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:04am | IP Logged
@Jaishree...oh those are lovely...looks like a little doll house na?
thanks for sharingSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jayvenk

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:11am | IP Logged
shruthi , yes they are like doll houses. all tiny stuff. We also have tiny temples,
it is creativity all the way . either u can go the market and pick up all the ready things available. Most of this is available only in Tamil nad. We do get in Matunga also . but the variety is limited.
or u can make a whole lot of things at home.
In south they get 10 days of vacation during dusshera  not during diwali,

-ShrNi-

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:16am | IP Logged

@ Jayshree if you have Golu at your place, post the pics here.

jayvenk

IF-Rockerz

jayvenk

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

@ Jayshree if you have Golu at your place, post the pics here.

Mina i only keep the marapatchi these days. I have no place dear.
Will take the pictures of those . Smile

mnx12

sukhi...

IF-Sizzlerz

sukhi...

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 5:41am | IP Logged
@ Shruti u are right, on left hand side its Devi Lakshmi n on right hand side its Devi Saraswati...
and thanks a lot  for liking those pics... Smile

Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
@Vrish- Even i too needed an exp about Mahalya. Tqs for askingSmile

.Vrish.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Apart from the Golu - which is characteristic of Tamilians' Navaratri, there is one more unique feature. On Maha Navami, we celebrate Saraswati Puja - unlike in the north where it is celebrated during the Spring season.

On the day of Saraswati Puja (Navami) , books, notebooks (laptops and i-pads, these days), musical instruments, - in fact all items associated with learning - are placed ceremoniously in the puja room and worship is offered to them as well as Goddess Saraswati. 

"Ayudha Puja"- that is- worship of all kinds of tools, implements, vehicles is also performed on this day. Cars, buses, autos are decorated with kumkum, turmeric, flower garlands and plantain stems.

Vijaya Dashami is marked by yet another characteristic feature. For those involved in the learning of any classical art-  music, dance, vedic chanting - it is imperative to honour your gurus and learn something new on this day. Even the most irregular of students will not fail to attend their class on Vijaya Dashami day. It is a tradition to offer fruits, flowers, betel leaves and dakshina to the guru and do pranaam as a mark of respect and gratitude. The guru acknowledges the continuity of the  relationship by teaching a new lesson on this day.

This practice of commencing a new lesson on the day of Vijaya Dashami is so sacrosanct that these days, classes are held through Skype and dakshina offered through paypal, etc. Smile

Edited by varaali - 14 October 2012 at 10:11am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12jayvenk-ShrNi-.Vrish.sukhi...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.