\|/ Happy Navaratri \|/ - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by mnx12

@subha, sukhi thanks, do add from your side.

@strawbella, may be the same word, Golu in Hindi.
Golu a hindi word:D

@Vanadhi please give more info about the pics of your post.

Well just now i came across an interesting thing. We keep golu oly on the day on Amavashya not on PADYA as the latter is considered to be in-auspicious.
Minaxi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awesum thread and very informative
when i read these stories a part of me is just amazed,i would have loved to see this in DKDM but *grumble grumble* i doubt we will😆
but its okey,these stoies are enough to up my spirits

on Navratri we do Devi Ma's pooja and my mom reads a path.The Celebrations are low key as compared to Ganesh Chaturthi,but we do a pooja at home.

Mahalaxmi is my kuldevi from one side of the family and Durga Ma from the other,so we worship both during Navratri.My Mom religiously does Paath during Navratri and since this year i am having the time,i will join her too😊.

One of the simplest Sotras of Devi Ma is one i learnt as a child
"Ya Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Shakti Rupena Samsthitha Namastaye Namastasye Namastasye Namoh Namah"
and i chant it even today.

But my best memeories of Navratri are from when i was a kid-i had lots of Gujarti and Punjabi neghbors while growing up.So since me and my sister were one of the few little girls in the colony so we used to go to thier place for Kanya Puja.

I was a bit to small to understand the significance of the pooja then-but my mom told me that the nine girls are regarded to be the nine forms of Devi Ma,thier feet are washed,their Aarti is done and they are given Prasad and worshipped like Devi Ma.

what i loved the most as the kid was the prasad they used to give-of Puri,a kind of black gram and Suji ka Halwa-it always tastes something diffrent,maybe beacuse its for Devi Maas puja.

we also make a similar type of prasad during Navratri😊

What i love the most is to switch on the TV and watch pics they show on news channels on the Devi Maa Murtis they make in Bengal.They just leave you awestruck they are so so beautiful.What i love the best about them is thier face and thier eyes,i have always been fascinated with the Durga Ma idols of Bengal.
Im hoping all the Bongs can provide information on that!and pics😉
nice thread
hope to see more participation from everyone.
shruti
awesome thread minaxi👏

happy navratri to all!

we were nine colours on nine different days of navratri.
This year Navaratri is for 8 days.
Generally colour code is followed during these days.
This year's colours for different days are
The nine Navratri colors for 2012 are:
Pratipada - October 16, 2011 (Tuesday) - Red 
Dwitiya - October 17, 2012 (Wednesday) - Sky Blue 
Tritiya / Chaturthi - October 18, 2012 (Thursday) -Yellow
Panchami - October 19 (Friday) - Green
Sashti - October 20 (Saturday)  - Grey 
Saptami - October 21 (Sunday) - Orange 
Ashtami - October 22 (Monday) - White
Navami - October 23 (Tuesday) - Pink
Vijayadasami - October 24 (Wednesday) - Blue
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago

@shruti, that stotra is Devi Sukta, is amazing.

It's fun celebrating Navaratri in different cuture, we get to learn so many things.
you know i was born on durga ashtami in navratri it gives me proud feeling and my parents think m aashirwad of ma durga.
Originally posted by foram.

you know i was born on durga ashtami in navratri it gives me proud feeling and my parents think m aashirwad of ma durga.
Ashtami is very auspicious day. It's a blessing to be born on that day.😊
@ Minaxi can i add some pics of Maa Durga?