Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

seemasr

seemasr

Posted: 13 October 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Nice croziaxx and mouni.post these in Varun's appreciation AT

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

M0uNicroziaxx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Varun & Friends (Page 4)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 13 October 2012 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by M0uNi

Varun ... The name means "Wind"...
As wind has strength as well as a softness, as it carries a touch of pleasure, as it provides a feeling of cheer...Varun is the same.
Apart from being one of the Great Phenomenal actors of the industry, he is a very sweet human being & that is what I like about him the most (Before anyone misunderstand me, I wanna clear that I don't know him personally...All I know him is just through some interviews & his mind blowing acts).

Inspite of being in spotlight for so many years, he is still like a guy of next door...so humble, down to earth & a real sweet heart. It's very nice to see how the strength of his character, his  maturity, his personality balance with his loving & caring attitude & his sweetness ...
And specially, his "sense of humour" is, I think one of the best & God-gifted Smile
Our best wishes are always with him, forever Hug

Welcome, M0uNi  Thank you for letting me know about the meaning in Varun's name.Smile I  will keep a note, of it as future reference. 

There are many members here of different beliefs and I respect all of them. I am neither a Hindu or a Sikh. I only believe in One God Who has the ultimate power and is in control over the whole universe. I do not worship other idols or humans as 'gods'. In my faith it is arrogance, to be named as a God. Since we are of different faiths, you equally have the right to your beliefs, respectively, as I do mine.

I agree that Varun has shown some very good capabilitiesSmileSmile. In one drama (ACPM) which I've not completely watched, he has shown some good acting skills. I've not seen the rest of his shows, as I do not have much time, or watch TV. I do not know him personally, and I can't judge or comment about his character, which God only knows.

I opened this thread as my intention was to give a message of encouragement for Varun to play a positive & responsible leading role as Vikram in PSH, because many of us feel that it should not fall below the average by showing immoral and indecent content which is far too offensive for decent family viewing, especially after depicting a leading protagonist role initially, with a potentially strong, meaningful & decent storyline

I know Varun is trying to understand us. Smile Let's wait and see if he can bring about some good in PSH and I hope he plays a positive role that earns him respect & honour (rather than a poor reputation).

Please feel free to post him a message, or words of support as a capable good & leading protagonist actor that brings hope for the Bedni community & benefits the decent family viewing audience by upholding to his good moral principles, values & virtues.

Best Wishes

Istila

Edited by Istila - 13 October 2012 at 2:23pm

M0uNi

M0uNi

Posted: 13 October 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Hi Istila,
Nicely said..I am agree with your each & every word...But here I have just explained the meaning of his name from a religious angle just to clarify one of my fellow friends' confusion, nothing more I intended...
And yes, for me also God is ONE..Some call him 'Bhagwan', some call 'Allah' & for few he is 'Jesus'...He is all & he is one..
For me, he is the supreme judge or the ultimate teacher who balance everything...
Anyway, as I've mentioned earlier, I also don't know varun personally...For me also he is an actor first...But the best thing I have noticed in him is his simplicity, his dignity & his humourous nature...I have seen a lot of people with stardom & luxury, but people who are loved & respected so much are really less on this earth...So I really respect Varun as a human being from the core of my heart & will always pray for his success...

And nice to join your thread...Good efforts by you guys..Will love to read more about Varun.
with love,
M0uNi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IstilaVinnie79-rupa-

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Dear M0uNi

Thank you for the clarification & what a sweet comment to post!

"...but people who are loved & respected so much are really less on this earth."

Beautifully said. Smile

May God Bless 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

M0uNi

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 5:18am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

M0uNi

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Hi, Varun & his Fans, 

Please do read this book, 'Amusing Ourselves to Death, by Neil Postman that is, whenever you get the chance from being away from TV:

This is a  free e book text

Forward:

We were keeping our eye on 1984. When the year came and the prophecy didn't, thoughtful Americans sang softly in praise of themselves. The roots of liberal democracy had held. Wherever else the terror had happened, we, at least, had not been visited by Orwellian nightmares.

But we had forgotten that alongside Orwell's dark vision, there was another - slightly older, slightly less well known, equally chilling: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Contrary to common belief even among the educated, Huxley and Orwell did not prophesy the same thing. Orwell warns that we will be overcome by an externally imposed oppression. But in Huxley's vision, no Big Brother is required to deprive people of their autonomy, maturity and history. As he saw it, people will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.

What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions". In 1984, Huxley added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us.

This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.

Edited by Istila - 14 October 2012 at 8:27am

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Here's something to remind us all what we value...

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Here's a nice photo of Varun Badola with his wife Rajeshwari

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.