Varun & Friends - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
Salams to Varun,

This is just my personal point of view (and not meant to upset you or anyone).

I just want to say that you needn't worry about whether or not if you get any award. ACPM was not publicized much, I don't think many people were aware.

The story about Sandeep & Urmi was nice, though I did not watch the ending as there was some scenes where there was too much touching etc and I was put off by that. You are a talented actor. I haven't seen any modern actors acting respectably as you do, but I don't think Muslim ladies like me can sit and watch endless hours of TV shows and especially if there is too much touching or vulgarity as modern day movies & shows are full of. 

About the tale about the Muslim teen-aged girl who wanted to become an actress in ACPM. The real reason why Muslims don't act is because it is forbidden in our religion for the sexes to mingle, touch & socialize. Doing love scenes with heroes hugging males, dancing, nudity or kissing would be classed as definite & resounding NO. We also do not watch disgusting things, e.g. violence or rape inflicted on women and too much negativity & abuse. As humans it affects our minds, it hurts us, emotionally it makes us upset. Not a great way to entertain ourselves.

The only part I really did not like in ACPM is the part where the young boys, including a Muslim were trying to watch po*nography on TV in his home while the Muslim parents and his sister were away. The sound from the video tape was so vulgar -  I was very shocked & thank God my daughter was not in the room at that time! There was only one Muslim family in that show, yet this Muslim boy is shown to go astray. It seems then that you have not met many good Muslims. I know that in reality there are corrupt youth out there, and in this sense the story revolving around it to make the boys more responsible was ended to be good one when his father was injured on the attack on the train. 

The rest of ACPM which I saw was excellent. I loved the comedy between Urmi & Sandeep, their understanding & affection growing. The story about the lady who could not get married and the disabled shop keeper. The mother who tries to earn money from selling fabric, the misunderstanding between the sisters etc were all good. 

The best was the tale about Urmi & Sandeep's innocent & pure love.

You have a talent in your writing skills where you describe very problematic issues and how these are resolved. How can two young couple who have never got married living in difficult circumstances marry in an environment where arranged marriages are respected and where the male does not earn enough to influence the father to let him marry his daughter. How can this lady make mention of her love to Sandeep, who is not only much older but always aloof and a man of principles? 

The script of your work, for Aek Chabhi Pados Mein can be turned into a world classic novel which you can sell. It is like a form of therapy. Each character has a tale which revolves around the main characters. 

You also have very nice singing abilities and you can sing meaningful songs with a poetic influence. Perhaps even sell your own records & work online.

In my humble opinion, as we get older we know that life isn't all about entertainment. As a suggestion, if this helps, you can try writing more books with such themes as ACPM, or teach youth literacy, or continue singing, or write poetry. You can own your own website and have a business from there. You can do a course in therapy and help people...There are so many other opportunities.  

Never give up dreaming! πŸ˜Š 

In the end, only you can make your own career & life choices. 

I wish you and your family all the very best. 

May God guide & protect you and your family (ameen).

Istila

NB: Varun, when you do post in the forum next time, please would you establish properly that Actors' user names are easily recognizable from the rest of the members, so that no forum member has any doubts that anyone could be using actor's names.

Edited by Istila - 11 years ago
Istila, you have some very beautiful messages and pictures. Thank you for sharing them.⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thank you Julie πŸ˜Š

Love your posts too. πŸ‘ I was trying to read some of more yesterday... You had me laughing the whole weekend!! 

God Bless xxx
Originally posted by Istila

Salams to Varun,

This is just my personal point of view (and not meant to upset you or anyone).

I just want to say that you needn't worry about whether or not if you get any award. ACPM was not publicized much, I don't think many people were aware.

The story about Sandeep & Urmi was nice, though I did not watch the ending as there was some scenes where there was too much touching etc and I was put off by that. You are a talented actor. I haven't seen any modern actors acting respectably as you do, but I don't think Muslim ladies like me can sit and watch endless hours of TV shows and especially if there is too much touching or vulgarity as modern day movies & shows are full of. 

About the tale about the Muslim teen-aged girl who wanted to become an actress in ACPM. The real reason why Muslims don't act is because it is forbidden in our religion for the sexes to mingle, touch & socialize. Doing love scenes with heroes hugging males, dancing, nudity or kissing would be classed as definite & resounding NO. We also do not watch disgusting things, e.g. violence or rape inflicted on women and too much negativity & abuse. As humans it affects our minds, it hurts us, emotionally it makes us upset. Not a great way to entertain ourselves.

The only part I really did not like in ACPM is the part where the young boys, including a Muslim were trying to watch po*nography on TV in his home while the Muslim parents and his sister were away. The sound from the video tape was so vulgar -  I was very shocked & thank God my daughter was not in the room at that time! There was only one Muslim family in that show, yet this Muslim boy is shown to go astray. It seems then that you have not met many good Muslims. I know that in reality there are corrupt youth out there, and in this sense the story revolving around it to make the boys more responsible was ended to be good one when his father was injured on the attack on the train. 

The rest of ACPM which I saw was excellent. I loved the comedy between Urmi & Sandeep, their understanding & affection growing. The story about the lady who could not get married and the disabled shop keeper. The mother who tries to earn money from selling fabric, the misunderstanding between the sisters etc were all good. 

The best was the tale about Urmi & Sandeep's innocent & pure love.

You have a talent in your writing skills where you describe very problematic issues and how these are resolved. How can two young couple who have never got married living in difficult circumstances marry in an environment where arranged marriages are respected and where the male does not earn enough to influence the father to let him marry his daughter. How can this lady make mention of her love to Sandeep, who is not only much older but always aloof and a man of principles? 

The script of your work, for Aek Chabhi Pados Mein can be turned into a world classic novel which you can sell. It is like a form of therapy. Each character has a tale which revolves around the main characters. 

You also have very nice singing abilities and you can sing meaningful songs with a poetic influence. Perhaps even sell your own records & work online.

In my humble opinion, as we get older we know that life isn't all about entertainment. As a suggestion, if this helps, you can try writing more books with such themes as ACPM, or teach youth literacy, or continue singing, or write poetry. You can own your own website and have a business from there. You can do a course in therapy and help people...There are so many other opportunities.  

Never give up dreaming! πŸ˜Š 

In the end, only you can make your own career & life choices. 

I wish you and your family all the very best. 

May God guide & protect you and your family 

Istila

NB: Varun, when you do post in the forum next time, please would you establish properly that Actors' user names are easily recognizable from the rest of the members, so that no forum member has any doubts that anyone could be using actor's names.

Hi Istilla,
  This post is the best that occurred to me todayπŸ‘.
Thank you for putting a nice synopsis of the ACPHM series and it's essence.
That was the most sensible entertaining series I have watched in recent past. The only other all time favorite show for me was LRL season1 (Left Right Left).
ACPHM was very sensibly written and executed series. Perhaps one of very few shows that gave equal importance to side characters and interwoven their part with the main leads story.

I do agree with you that Varun should exploit his talent in other faculties (singing and writing) to his greater benefit. He has a very sensitive way of expressing the message. I am also amazed at Mr. V.M.badola's acting skills. The whole family is such a talent treasure chest.
God Bless them with success, love, peace, health and harmony in their family.

PS: I request you to post this message to Varun in VB appreciation thread.

Thank you again, Have a wonderful day.

Originally posted by razor12

...The whole family is such a talent treasure chest.
God Bless them with success, love, peace, health and harmony in their family.

Thank you for your appreciation and 'ameen' to the prayers. πŸ˜Š