Members Lounge

Semifinals: 1 Step Closer to Big Match!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 46

Page 1
Page   of 46
Page 2 Page 46

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 8:48am | IP Logged

Hi Friends,

So.. the quarter final is over with a shock at the end, as the world champions lost unexpectedly by the France. That proves results are hard to predict before hand in the game of Soccer. But we, the IFians already famous for doing impossible tasks. We already have predicted for the quarter finals. some predicted it right some couldn't ...but we all felt the excitement ..didn't we?Big smile

So come on friends let's review the semi finalist once more and give a prediction that who will be qualifying from semi finals and will step one step forward for the big title.

Semi finals

04 July- 12.30 IST- Germany vs. Italy

05 July- 12.30 IST- Portugal vs. France

Now lets give a quick look on these extremely talented teams

Germany

Germans are the hot favs right now. They have shown their capability of taking the title home from the starting of this game. Their team spirit and strikers like Miroslav Klose and Ballack and Podolski has just ensured their ability to make space for themselves for the finals.

Quick look on Germany:

Sixteenth appearance. Best performances: Winner in 1954, 1974, 1990.

First-Round Results: Victories over Costa Rica 4-2, Poland 1-0, and Ecuador 3-0.

Second-Round Result: Beat Sweden 2-0.

Quarterfinal Result: Beat Argentina 4-2 in shootout after 1-1 tie.

Players to watch out for: Miroslav Klose, Lucas Podolski, Michael Ballack .

Yellow Cards: A. Freidrich, Odonkor, L. Podolski

Italy:

Italy's offense finally got on track against Ukraine and its defense has been impressive. It has managed to ignore major distractions, first the massive corruption scandal back home, and now the condition of former teammate Gianluca Pessotto, who is hospitalized in Turin after falling out of a window. But the Azzurri haven't faced an opponent playing as well as Germany, and they will be at a decided disadvantage in front of the passionate home crowd.

Quick look on Italy:

Sixteenth appearance. Best performances: Winner in 1934, 1938, 1982.

First-Round Results: Beat Ghana, drew with the United States 1-1, and finished with a 2-0 victory over the Czech Republic.

Second-Round Result: Beat Australia 1-0.

Quarterfinal Result: Beat Ukraine 3-0.

Players to watch out for:  Francesco Totti

Yellow Cards: None

Portugal

Portugal is another strong contender for the title. They can be a great threat for 98's winner France. The Portuguese will be without midfielder Armando Petit, but they seem to have a knack of succeeding in less-than-ideal circumstances. They beat the Dutch despite Deco and Costinha getting sent off, and advanced past England without the two. And Luiz Felipe Scolari knows how to win at the World Cup. He led Brazil to seven straight wins and a fifth title four years ago, and has Portugal unbeaten in this tournament.

Quick look on Portugal:

Fourth appearance. Best performance: Third in 1966.

First-Round Results: Beat Angola 1-0, Iran 2-0 and Mexico 2-1.

Second-Round Result: Beat the Netherlands 1-0.

Quarterfinal Result: Beat England 3-1 in shootout after 0-0 tie.

Players to watch out for: Ronaldo, Figo.

Yellow Card: Carvalho, Petit(To miss Semis)

France

France is playing better and better with each game. After squeezing into the second round and coming from behind to upset Spain, Les Bleus shocked Brazil. It wasn't the final score as much as the way they dominated the entire night, beating the Brazilians at their own beautiful game. If Zidane can recapture his youth for one more game, France could find itself back in the final.

Quick look on France:

Twelfth appearance. Best performance: Winner in 1998.

First-Round Results: Tied Switzerland 0-0, tied South Korea 1-1, beat Togo 2-0.

Second-Round Result: Beat Spain 3-1.

Quarterfinal Result: Beat Brazil 1-0.

Players to watch out for: Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry.

Yellow Cards: Sagnol, Saha, Thuram

So friends start predicting who will be at semis. Will Germans prove that they really worth of being a hot fav? Or will Italy show up its glory like they did in 80's?

Will Portugal can can stand in front of the team who has just defeated the current world champions? I have give you food for thought. Now start thinking and start predicting.

Regards,
Chocolate,
On behalf of IF dev team.

Edited by chocolate - 02 July 2006 at 9:03am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Semifinals: 1 Step Closer to Big Match!!" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Clap go germanyyyyyyyy gooo !!

ffiona25

Goldie

ffiona25

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

but i want Portugal to win the world cup and Germany to lose in the semi final.

amna malik

IF-Addictz

amna malik

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged
I think the final match is going to be between France and Germany.Both r gr8 teams but i want france to win.They played awsokme yesterday.So now as England is no more in the tournament,i m wid france

sus143

IF-Dazzler

sus143

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by amna malik

I think the final match is going to be between France and Germany.Both r gr8 teams but i want france to win.They played awsokme yesterday.So now as England is no more in the tournament,i m wid france

same here jaan!!as my fav is out of wc now i want 2 support france!!go francee

fahreen

Groupbie

fahreen

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:20am | IP Logged
of course!! GERMANY WILL WIN THE WORLDCUP

X-rebel

IF-Dazzler

X-rebel

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged
GO GERMAMY GO !! Crush Italy !!

Germans are surely the CHAMPIONS and will prove undefeatable.

Podolski - Klose - Ballack trio will surely crush Italy.

I am praying that Portugal defeat France and want to see C.Ronaldo scoring many times in the semis. Thumbs Up

Parachute.

IF-Sizzlerz

Parachute.

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amna malik

I want france to win too...i definately dont want germany to win...and i wld die if portugal won after what they did with england....gooooooooooooooooo france!!!!!!!!1

Post Reply New Post

Go to top