Mahabharat to be replayed in Rathi household.

Posted: 11 years ago

Yesterday's episode got me thinking. After Suraj gets over the shock of his discovery the real Mahabharat will start hopefully next week with Bhabo out rightly rejecting the idea of Sandhya pursuing her graduation. I was just drawing parallels with our epic the Mahabharat where Suraj can be the Arjun and Bhabasa the saarthi or charioteer. Cannot the GITA be applied to a similar real life situation? Aren't our holy texts to be imbibed and applied in our daily routine? Till now Bhabasa has always stood rock solid behind his son and at crucial moments given him sane advice from time to time. Bhabasa through his action has always been shown as adapting himself to the times. I know the idea of Beendani crossing the threshold to join the police services is indeed quite revolutionary, but if he is shown reconciling to this idea he can be the saarthi prodding Suraj to approach Bhabo and fight the battle. As taught in the epic, you have to do what is your duty and always be on the path of right even if it means waging a war against your own near and dear ones. Arjuna on Lord Krishna's insistence fought against his own brothers who were on the path of wrong and won the battle. The pain of hurting your near and dear ones was no doubt there, but as the lord said you have to do what is your duty and nothing should come in your way. Does not marriage entail a similar sense of duty between the husband and wife to be always there for each other and supporting each other through thick and thin?

Is there not a similar situation here? What is the duty of a husband towards his wife? That is the question here. Sandhya who all her life dreamt of only one thing and pursued it passionately never once imagining , that with her own brother cheating her it would never see the light of the day. Unfortunately what she did not foresee happened. After her initial shock she reconciled and wholeheartedly put herself in the task of adapting herself in the ways of the Rathi household.

Having failed to achieve her dreams she concentrated on increasing Suraj's self-esteem by making him participate and win the WTC competition. She willingly gave up her chance of SR to coach Suraj's sister. She persuaded Bhabo to accept Meena back in the family and missed the award function which was in her honour to care for Meenudi. Even in the early days of marriage she willingly handed over her fixed deposit papers to Bhabo during some financial crisis and gave money to Mohit for the computer course. Her kindness and sense of duty is an inspiration to one and all

Suraj no doubt has been her pillar of strength but this is the moment in which he can do substantially something for her. Repay the debt he owes to her. If we say behind every successful man there is a woman why can't in the modern times the opposite be true. Why can't Suraj become Arjun and fight against his family for what is right. Make Sandhya achieve her dreams. As they often say, "You can sacrifice and not love but you cannot love and not sacrifice." Bhabasa can be shown encouraging him all the way.Like Lord Krishna encouraged Arjun to go forward and fight for what is the righteous path. This will be his ultimate gift to his favourite Beendani. 

I have as usual blabbered a lot .Thought provoking days are ahead with a lot of high voltage drama. We are all waiting with bated breaths. DABH, you do not allow my brain to rest .That is my only complaint against the show. Just joking. DABH simply rocks.

Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
I completly agreethe Mahabharata should be imbeded in every Hindu's life it is a guide to life and I think this would be very inspiring to watch on screen it would be extra ordinary and people will love it. I think the holy scriptures need to be emphasised more personally I don't know much about the Mahabharata, Ramayana so watching the teachings of that in DABH will be a learning curve for me and many people in the world. It will enhance a moral and cultural message along with the social image of women working after marriage.
I really love reading your blabbering of thought-provoking threads no matter how long they're.😊.

You're amazed how I write poem n I'm amazed how you relate situation of DABH from different perspectives. Chalo, It's a good thing as Chachi - Bhatiji are sailing on same boat name "Wondering about each-other"..πŸ˜†

⭐️ Behind every successful woman there is humble and polite man--Gentleman.⭐️.

I took bit time to understand Bhagwad Gita association on duty as I'm only aware about "Google Gita"..πŸ€“.. Anyway, Jokes apart.😳. Bhagwad Gita always lead me to confusion.πŸ˜•. I find it difficulty to understand as it offers contradictory statements. Lord Krishna in the end says to follow scientific approach n tells Arjuna:- Accept what appeals him, Don't just accept because I'm saying so."

Krishna - Arjuna share strong relationship of "Sakha - Friendship" than "Master - Disciple" relationship -- Biggest reason why he was able to pour out his confusion n pain at battleground.(I think..πŸ€”..). Similarly, If we associate Bhabasa - Sooraj relationship with them then They both share relationship of more than Father - Son which is of course "Sakha -- Friendship".

I believe that in friendly relationship you can open up yourself to any person. We've seen Sooraj sharing his emotions/worries very comfortably with his father. I would really love to see Bhabasa in the role of "Krishna" who guide Sooraj on the right direction but also I would love to see Sooraj using his own brain n win over barriers that come across while fulfilling Sandhya's dream.⭐️.

I am all highly charged up to watch high-voltage drama..

This is really cryptic think vala created thread. Awesome - Fantastic - Mind-boggling. I think a lot before replying.πŸ‘ ⭐️ πŸ‘.. Keep them coming..πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
Very well thought out post again Umdu!
Rathi aangan is bound to be Kurukshetra for sure! I am disheartened at Bhabo. She seems to be regressing! The gut wrenching, blood curdling DABH of yore may be making a come back! I am simultaneously intrigued and filled with dread!

Suraj made me misty eyed with the love he has for his bahadur, selfless, amazing Beendni. He felt the pain of her abandoned dreams and her sacrifices as acutely as she did because they are after all Diya aur baati, the connected souls!

What a unique love story!

Originally posted by ami_dabh

I really love reading your blabbering of thought-provoking threads no matter how long they're.😊.

You're amazed how I write poem n I'm amazed how you relate situation of DABH from different perspectives. Chalo, It's a good thing as Chachi - Bhatiji are sailing on same boat name "Wondering about each-other"..πŸ˜†

I took bit time to understand Bhagwad Gita association on duty as I'm only aware about "Google Gita"..πŸ€“.. Anyway, Jokes apart.😳. Bhagwad Gita always lead me to confusion.πŸ˜•. I find it difficulty to understand as it offers contradictory statements. Lord Krishna in the end says to follow scientific approach n tells Arjuna:- Accept what appeals him, Don't just accept because I'm saying so."

Krishna - Arjuna share strong relationship of "Sakha - Friendship" than "Master - Disciple" relationship -- Biggest reason why he was able to pour out his confusion n pain at battleground.(I think..πŸ€”..). Similarly, If we associate Bhabasa - Sooraj relationship with them then They both share relationship of more than Father - Son which is of course "Sakha -- Friendship".

I believe that in friendly relationship you can open up yourself to any person. We've seen Sooraj sharing his emotions/worries very comfortably with his father. I would really love to see Bhabasa in the role of "Krishna" who guide Sooraj on the right direction but also I would love to see Sooraj using his own brain n win over barriers that come across while fulfilling Sandhya's dream.⭐️.

This is really cryptic think vala created thread. Awesome - Fantastic - Mind-boggling. I think a lot before replying.πŸ‘ ⭐️ πŸ‘.. Keep them coming..πŸ‘πŸΌ

Firstly UMDU love reading your posts and the babbling with so many different perspectives...

@bold  and ami as always you are encouraging me to comment on your post again...
Babasa has several times been a good listener to Sooraj and like you mentioned there is a bond of friendship and understanding between this father-son duo...
Bhabasa guided Sooraj or atleast advised Sooraj when SR2 was in full form trying to push Sandhya out of his life.
The other time Bhabasa helped Sooraj was when Sooraj found out about Sandhya's parents...

So Babasa in Krishna's role has already been doing his work and I hope that he will continue to do so as Sooraj will certainly need a lot of support from his father.

Kya Jun-Jun Juna.. Aapne Umdu aunty thread main meri comment par ghus maar di..πŸ˜†..

I second you Bhabasa already playing role of krishna. Eh! I'm happy that I'm pushing you to comment in my post..πŸ˜†
Ah.. it was a brilliant read Umdu😊

I completely enjoyed your comparisons.

I am sure about two things-Sooraj will face biggest opposition from two people, the same two people whom he credited for when he won WTC - one is Bhabo and other is Sandhya herself. I think Sandhya will be a bigger opposition than Bhabo herself. Thinking about it, No grounded person like Sandhya would want her husband to go against their entire family for her dreams to be realized. It's gonna be interesting that way. Why do I feel, SoorYa will first manage to convince Bhabo and only then go ahead with the plans of Sandhya's education. I don't think SoorYa are the kind of people who would do things by hiding them.

About Babasa, he is like sugar,he dissolves easily in the changes of the society.That's his biggest strength.We will definitely see him support Sandhya and Sooraj😊
Originally posted by Sonia17

I completly agreethe Mahabharata should be imbeded in every Hindu's life it is a guide to life and I think this would be very inspiring to watch on screen it would be extra ordinary and people will love it. I think the holy scriptures need to be emphasised more personally I don't know much about the Mahabharata, Ramayana so watching the teachings of that in DABH will be a learning curve for me and many people in the world. It will enhance a moral and cultural message along with the social image of women working after marriage.

Thank you for your reply..Here I am not emphasising on holy scriptures.I am only drawing parallels between Suraj and Arjun and Bhabasa and Lord krishna who was Arjun's charioteer in the Mahabharat  .When there was reluctance from Arjun's side to fight the battle against his brothers Krishna advised him to do what was right.  When we are confused at times we need somebody to push us to act.  I want Bhabasa to play that role for Suraj.
Originally posted by ami_dabh

I was happy to see your response to my post .If you ever get the time you must read this book Conversation between God and man  by G. Venkatraman .  All your confusions on the scientific approach advised will be clear. It is a very simple book which is easy to read and understand. I would have clarified it but it will take a lot of your time. Like you I am also eagerly looking forward to emotionally charged episodes of DABH. Thank you for  reading and responding  to such a lengthy text. 
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
wow umdu lovely postπŸ‘..it is really commendable how u come up with such thought provoking posts..keep them coming dear⭐️⭐️⭐️
i really liked ur comparisons wonderfully done πŸ‘..