Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

Your Opinion - Name Calling Allowed? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

chitsss

IF-Dazzler

chitsss

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 1:54am | IP Logged

I have no issues with any character being 'called names' in the sense suggested in your posts , how can you possibly criticise a character without using adjectives?Confused 

As with many my problem lays with the intent behind a particular post or comment, if intent is to discuss -great but if it's to instigate then it's an issue , simply because I believe this open forum is also considered to be a mature and sensible one and not a a platform to indulge one's junevile traits!Confused

Edited by chitsss - 11 October 2012 at 1:59am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

san_aishDeepShadowarabicaparadigmAnkitaKaranrainbowgirlstuti123kalpanaRRush2220BHAVIIshweta_r

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your Opinion - Name Calling Allowed? (Page 4)" in Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vidhisalot

IF-Rockerz

vidhisalot

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
What my concern more is
Yeah i dont all these things...bt i cant change a person's POV when he dont even wanna understand so
let people do what they want to...coz it wont afffect my love n respect for that character or actor...
Bt after doing all this bashing n speaking abt fans...n then acting as if they have nt done anything..n acting innocent...thats utter nonsense..this thing is very bad to look upon...n then when a person tries to figure it out ..fingers r raised @ that person n nt @ that person who is doing all such stuff..

Thank you

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

poshahTheRowdiest-Rani

Rush2220

IF-Sizzlerz

Rush2220

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged

First of all thanks Gur for the post.Clap

Have no prblm with name calling (for characters only) during constructive criticism. Problem is with the intentions here. If my intention is to hurt a particular person/member or a group, trust me without using any of these words and using very flowery language I can still get better results.Tongue So the basic problem is not with words but Intensions.Ouch No one can really stop this, No DT or anyone; there is nothing wrong with the forum rules or the DT. We members have to stop this ourselves. We have to be matured enough to see the intensions and then react. In my opinion the best way to stop this is to ignore such comments. (Taking about myself and everyone involved) if you don't react and just ignore then a time will come when the person will stop himself/herself.

We love this show and the characters, Kunal will not be good or bad without the help of other character and vice versa. Being a KC fan and seeing his character being butchered is very frustrating in itself and then to come and see that even if he sneezes around R he is criticized (intentionally to hurt)is like rubbing salt so one reacts (me too and am sure is the case with Sidhi fans too). I admit that I have used these words to criticize KC but at times don't like when others do it. It is like I can scold my child but won't allow anyone else to do it.LOL This attitude is wrong and have tried to change myself, hope other try to do the same. 

This forum should be a fun place and along with that the right place to give our feedback good or bad to the CVs and the PH to make 'OUR' show better.

Edited by Rush2220 - 11 October 2012 at 2:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DeepShadowarabicaeshi.nl-Rani

rainbowgirl

IF-Rockerz

rainbowgirl

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Gur,

This is an open forum we come here to discuss about the show and characters, if the show lacks to deliver the viewers expectations then obviously the forum will react out of frustration. Like wise if the characters are shown in a bad light for a short while or continuously, its apparent that particular character won't be praised Confused. If people take offense on criticizing the character just coz the actor happens to be their favorite and make instigating comments on other characters and mock other members in a round about way, that's what creates ruckus on the forum. Ouch

Name calling to insult,provoke,instigate and rile people to indulge their woolly notions and being hypocritic about it a definite downer. Am assuming we all are adults here and are able to draw fine line between reel and real. If Mods are claiming to be fair to all, let them show their impartiality to everyone. End of the day, we come here to unwind to not get tangled in the absurdity of the atmosphere.  

Edited by rainbowgirl - 11 October 2012 at 3:11am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

niharikasinalsan_aishrupasisarah_singhShehnaz.KDeepShadowarabicaSilambuparadigmnancy1996AnkitaKaranTheBhaiRush2220kalpanaRstuti123BHAVII

-suhani-

IF-Sizzlerz

-suhani-

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:18am | IP Logged
hey GK...Big smile  i think this type of calling is not allowed to the forum especially when there is two different groups of liking leads ..Cry if our old forum where all like SiNal together then its all ok for that but now the situation is totally different so i suggest to stop name calling like this cause in future it may convert war in forum then no body interested to come in this forum... Ouchonce the particular group done this type of name calling then next time another do the same so its batter to stop name calling and its really hurts a person who attached with particular character c'mom yaar that celebrity its ur favorite how u can listen this type of words against him/her character...Shocked

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

arabicaShehnaz.KAnkitaKaran

-Hima-

IF-Rockerz

-Hima-

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
How did I miss this post!! Just came across this! Thanks GK for giving us a platform for expressing our concerns before you call the shots! 

First for your question, I would not mind name calling for a character as it helps us to express ourselves better. The intention behind the name calling is what should be taken into account. As long as it is relevant to the character at that point in time, I don't see why it should bother anyone. For example, Kunal was shown to be a loser post leap.. what else are we supposed to say other than a loser.. since when did the word loser for a character become bashing? Of course if the term is used with an intention to instigate some members, then it is wrong. Similar adjectives like dumb, loser have been used for Siddhi as well. I myself have used them to express displeasure about a certain character. Similarly, terms like witch and chudail have been used for Richa ever since the character turned into a vamp.. then why is it wrong now? 

Now, since you think most of us are of the opinion that DT members are biased, I would like to ask you something.. the DT members have asked us to report posts if they are abusive or hurtful and have repeatedly asked us to ignore such posts and report them and that they will take necessary action as soon as possible. I have respected this request and have always stayed away, ignored and reported such posts. For the past few days, I have reported such posts several times but why has no action been taken against them till now? Why is that member still putting up posts just with the intention of hurting the forum atmosphere? It is not hidden from anyone as to the intention of this member in putting up such abusive posts. I myself have been putting up a disclaimer at the top of my posts to maintain a healthy discussion atmosphere. Why are the DT members still not taking any action against such posts? And what are we to make of this?

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

niharikasinalrupasiDeepShadowarabicaShehnaz.KSilambuAnkitaKaranTheBhaieshi.nlstuti123kalpanaR.RajvirNandini.shweta_r

shweta_r

IF-Stunnerz

shweta_r

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
My basic premise is that the forum members are mature and intelligent people, who know their boundaries... 

I am not against name calling as long as we know our limits.. We should interact on this forum just as we talk in normal life with our family and friends... 

Criticizing a character is fine as long as there are no personal attacks on forum members as well as the actors/actresses... However, many times we have seen that certain members start threads with the only intention of creating a rift on the forum and strict action should be taken against those...

Guys, let us not suppress constructive criticism

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arabicaShehnaz.Keshi.nlTheBhaistuti123-RaniBHAVII

awesumsonia

IF-Sizzlerz

awesumsonia

Posted: 11 October 2012 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Thanx a lot for this Post Gur

Now i understand...how much difficulties a DT shud go through...just to maintain peace in a forum...hats off to u all..

Well coming bakc to the topic,

• Yaa i agree...name calling is fine to an extent. But we should keep in mind that these words must hurt the sentiments of the fellow-members. here in this forum...we are a Family. so we need to adjust ourselves and try to understand the sentiments of the family members. So calling names are acceptable...only if all are ok wid it. not just bcz 1 person likes to call such a name.
  • But i sometimes feel dat...some members...do call some names,,intentionally ..just to instigate the members and to cause chaos. We need to control our anger and frustration. Try to be positive guys..
  • and ya...sometyms i feel that more dan the Cvs we have butchered our fav characters..by calling such harsh names. 
  • I feel a tit for tat manner in followed in our forum...First of all the reason is  dat ..our forum is divided into 2 fan grps- once fan group bashes one character...and the other fan grps lash out at them. Ek family agar division hota hain...den its definitely hurts each n evry members.So i'd request u all to stand united
  • and finally, it really hurts when i see some members...taking a dig at other fellow forum members. i remember some of us...were teased and were called different kinds of names (sorry...wudnt ike to mention those names here) by other members. Plz lets refrain frm all this.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Ranishweta_r

Post Reply New Post

Go to top