Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Grace-

IF-Rockerz

-Grace-

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged

| Hitched |

Among the chilly winds of the city of Delhi under the deadening evening sky came a lonely car to a halt, carrying a lonely soul inside.

The swish and splash of the ocean waves intermingled with the gust of winds. The pools in his eyes resembled that of the ocean's, salty and emotional, except they spread a burning sensation unlike the calm of the ocean.

He got out of the car and took slow and measured steps towards the lonely waves.

"You said it yourself everything you own belongs to me too"
"Di you could have asked me, I would have given it all to you"
He said his voice cracking.

"Why should I ask you for something that is already mine!"

"Di.."
"What Di? Don't tell me that you expect me to ask you to fulfill my smallest needs…I am sick and tired of asking you for everything"

She stood there in pride while her gem of a husband waited outside in his car unaware of the ruckus his wife was creating inside his office.

The lifeless papers that sealed the deal lay on the desk untouched.

Without a word he flashed a faint teary smile at his Di who meant the world to him and still did, regardless of what she just did

He placed his personal and most valued belongings in a cardboard box and left the keys of the office on the desk by the papers silently handing the empire that he created from blood and sweat in a breath and left the building without a second glance

It still felt like it wasn't real, he still felt like he was having a nightmare and his Di would come running any minute barging into his room yelling "chote chote" and give him the comfort of a mother to her child.

Truth was, it wasn't a nightmare. It was real.

The unstoppable flow of tears flowed from his molten brown eyes, a tint of pain and a hue of hurt evident. He cried after fourteen years. His mom had died then and his mom had died again. Di had snatched her motherhood from him, making him an orphan once again.

He was shattered once and he was able to make himself what he was today, but even the ruthless and the cold hearted man could not take the massive hurt for the second time. It was just too much.

He was broken from his reverie when a car came screeching and within minutes he could hear the clicking heels running in his direction.

The collar of his shirt flying as the winds ruffled his sweaty hair strands, his shoulders slumped as he continued to stare at the sand that was slipping through his fingers, just like everything else had.

She had never seen him like this ever since she had met him. On the very first day of their four year bachelors program at Harvard, she had instantly known that this man wasn't just any man, he had the potential not just to reach that institution but beyond that.

She could see a mixture of determination, will and hard work in those pools of brown even in the earlier days, when he was a young boy. The time had changed, his age had changed but his maturity, priority, and struggle remained the same. It had only seemed to increase by the day.

And now seeing him in this state, she couldn't take it. It was not something he deserved not something he should just accept.

Stopping right by his side she took the seat beside him, her hand touching his.

He closed his eyes and exhaled deeply before turning around and looking directly into her eyes for answers that he so desperately wanted. The answers that he never got, the answers he was sure he deserved.

"why did you leave?" she asked in a hoarse voice, not being able to believe what had just happened. The same guy was known for his exceeding achievements now sat alone defeated. This was not supposed to happen, this is not what he deserved.

She didn't like it one bit, that he had left everything he had made with so much hard work and integrity, that too for the sister who had betrayed him. Who only cared about his money and shattered him beyond repair.

Just at the thought of what he might be going through sent shivers down her spine, if she felt broken at his misery, each fiber in his being probably got shredded.

She didn't want to imagine the state he was in, she just wanted to bring him out of the hole his sister had pushed him into.

He didn't respond and looked away towards the ocean with narrow eyes.

How can a sister who claimed to love her brother unconditionally do this to him? It wasn't a fair game, and leaving it at that was definitely not one of the choices.

"You shouldn't have left…it was your hard work" she whispered, her hold on his hand tightening.

Only she knew what obstacles came in his path to achieve this, the pains the miseries that he quietly suffered without letting the slightest hint he went through it all only so that his sister doesn't suffer. He took her share of the pain and what did he get in return? His world being snatched, his trust being shattered.

All those Friday nights when Khushi and Aman insisted him to join them on some random party he would clearly refuse stating he had to work on some project as he would be working the next two days, being his friends and understanding his situation they let him go but they knew he would become something big at the end. Not for some one else to snatch it away from him. This was definitely not included in their wildest imaginations.

He held her hand in his palms wanting to find solace but too afraid to get hurt again.

She couldn't control and her resolve was broken seeing the person in front of her eyes in such a defeated state. She did not like seeing him in this condition, no it wasn't meant for him. She always liked and wanted to see him confident, successful and dominating like he always was, be it the campus or his practical life.

Her and Aman were surely hard working but everyone's hard work even combined could not sum up to his alone. He was the star of their batch, helping who ever needed help but never asking anyone to help him, something that always made Aman and Khushi want to help him, be with him, when he needed.

He was thankful he had met Khushi and Aman at Harvard, if it wasn't for them he would have probably died by now thanks to the stone hearted world and his loneliness.

He knew they were gems and was glad that they asked him to join him with his company.

Even though he knew they were way more qualified than the positions that they held required but on their insistence he couldn't say no.

From the early days of AR Khushi and Aman had always been with him, through thick and thin, and throughout the years they had only come closer. He felt bad for the two, as he considered them to have put as much hard work as him in the establishment of AR and now it was all gone, just like the sand particles from his hand.

He looked up at her with apologetic eyes, she was the one who motivated them when they were on the verge of giving up and seeing her hard work go away like that pierced his heart like a thousand knives.

She wiped his tears and shook her head in negative indicating him to stop feeling sorry, she was only concerned with his shattered dreams at the moment.

"Khushi I-" he was interrupted before he could even utter a word.

Placing her finger on his lips she shushed him as the tears rolled down both their cheeks.

She came closer as their breaths mingled and he felt a sense of belonging, a sense of safety, a sense of warmth, homely warmth.

Just stopping a few inches form his face she brought both his hands to her lips and kissed them slowly. Her soft lips brushing against his rough and hard knuckles as her long silky hair caressed his hands.

Those hands that she always respected for the continuous hard work of fourteen years, those hands that only knew how to give and never take.

Holding his hands and placing her forehead on his knuckles she cried, all those tears that she held from all these years lest they make him weak and come in the way of his achievements, she let them flow.

Moments later she looked up as he moved his hands and their gaze met, teary eyes, held hurt, sadness and sympathy for the other.

The salty liquid continued to roll down his cheek and moving closer she kissed his tears and those eyes that seemed tired.

Arnav's control was losing, the more she cared for him the more she loved him, the more he felt his emotions and hurt spilling. To save himself from collapsing with the pain that seemed to over flow as she continued with her feather light kisses he clutched her hands tight bending his head low he closed his eyes in the hope to get some relief.

She slowly let go of his hands and cupped his face only for her peach flavored lips to meet his dry ones, as their tears unified and their pain became one.

With that she realized the love he had for her all these years, and he had found a new ray of happiness as the girl he loved had finally expressed her love for him. The same love he so wanted them to confess but the situation didn't let them otherwise.

Been wanting to write this from months now, also I have been always thinking that Anjali has had the same experiences as Arnav, he takes his anger out one way or the other how does Anjali take our pain, sadness and anger? 

Which brings you this OSLOL

Plus I have wanted Khushi to go to Harvard and achieve more than him ever since he uttered the word "aukat"LOL

Buddy me for PMsLOL

Don't forget to comment/likeEmbarrassed

All kinds of criticism is welcomed Wink

The following 81 member(s) liked the above post:

suganya91suhanamausamrevivalrollssttuuttiineeveebirj.jalmanisDevilwaysinluvwivARHIday_lilyArchu61LIONHEARTtmowlakashforlifexshalinikanagupinderddavaniluvszayajshreya16soni_mdcraziefanbabli0204random94srishti_jaintokyoLittlePrincess8MidnightReadernavya13srain10srija.singh04ankii543Lovely_Bajwa_aadyakalibaublesSweet_AshummanduBlondiexzyPixieFlamedproverarniepervaizavantika_2012abavi..MorningStar..shar1988HopeSaJanLuv14Amanramsuwinongongongmedha16-Manal.A-N0306PhoenixTearsbhadraprasadCheshireBilli-DobByDoDgeR-kamalapushpaShikhaKhushi..Enchantress..--Iqra---Samskruthi-Jyo.Krishnaluv94ShiningStar18fffan123arshi21ameena671riafnamchoprasarunsashasinghadithyan--Amy--flowers4uclarissajohnMrDarcyfanajoopchavvi16-AmandaRulz-IsleOfCapriSunshine Girlpolly_mk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: Hitched" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AayeHaye

AayeHaye

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
His mom had died then and his mom had died again. Di had snatched her motherhood from him, making him an orphan once again.

^This broke my heart. Like literally.

if she felt broken at his misery, each fiber in his being probably got shredded.

Woah..hold it there, Iqra! I shall wait for the day when I hold a book in my hand and tell my kids, "I know this author, she's my friend" Cool

OMG, the overall theme, the entire OS was so beautiful..painful, YES, but so genuinely REAL and beautiful....

Thanks for reminding me to read this, or I'd miss out on sucha great piece of writing! Hug
Anddd the way you wrote the end was fab!! Descriptive, yet subtle, just how I love it ;)

Edited by AayeHaye - 09 November 2012 at 11:49pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Grace-

SaJanLuv14

IF-Dazzler

SaJanLuv14

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged
the OS was bittersweet, sad bc of what Arnav and Khushi were going through but sweet of the understanding and love they shared between each other :D 

-Grace-

Paarijat

Paarijat

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged
It was interesting

-Grace-

chavvi16

IF-Stunnerz

chavvi16

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
wow now that was something
so anji took everything from him and he gave it to her being her brother
well as long as they are together it dont matter i guess
boy did he break don or what

-Grace-

sarunsashasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

sarunsashasingh

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Ver beautifullt written!

-Grace-

Amanram

IF-Dazzler

Amanram

Posted: 12 October 2012 at 1:09am | IP Logged
so beautifully written - great just greatClap

-Grace-

PixieFlame

Goldie

PixieFlame

Posted: 12 October 2012 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Interesting! :)

-Grace-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.