Debate Mansion

Hope

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 1:31am | IP Logged
We always hope to make things better in life, at times we do succeed and other times we don't. Still that hope stays within us. Why does it stay? Is it because eternally we are attuned to wish for a better life. Does this feeling come from spirituality or faith or is it an innate mechanism? By lending us the firmness to fight the adversities and quandaries of life. Does it fortify Darwin's theory of survival of fittest? Does hope derive the verve from spirituality? Is it agreeable that hope strengthens your resolve to fight, which makes you live than give up?

A beautiful quote on hope:

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence. ~Lin Yutang

Hope is the physician of each misery. ~Irish Proverb

Please render your opinions.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hope" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 2:47am | IP Logged
U r right... hope is the driving force of life... Ask someone who had survived a near death situation... at that moment something emerges out.. like "I have to live" .. probably we love ourselves and becoz we know only at that time that life is precious.. so hope takes over all the fears...

To me, hope is an emotion which stems from spirituality, faith and internal emotional mechanism... it is a combination of all...every one can have a different definition of it.. Hope enables us to gather our strengths ..i agree with u 100%: it serves us to fight back ... fight from the so-called "Dead-ends" of life... an instinct which lives within us and we are unaware of it... I don't know abt anyone else, but i at least i know that to survive the dead-ends and near death situations it is HOPE and love of urself, ur life which helps u in such circumstances...

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 02 July 2006 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Thanks MNMS for agreeing and yes you have put all so beautifully.

Dazlingflower

Dazlingflower

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Clap interesting post. philosophical one...i like it Smile
Without hope, it will be hard to move on after a tragedy or a changing event in your life. Hope gives us energy to go on with life..and yes..hopeful beings make it through the harsh condition..survival of the fittest.
In my nursing profession, I have seen cancer patients living with grace because of HOPE. You can also describe hope as an emotional support. This type of mind set gives them positive outlook on life and get them through those long chemo treatements. Hope also help family memeber to deal with crisis. Hope gives you emotional comfort ,"things will be better."

Hope is the last thing that dies in man; and though it be exceedingly deceitful, yet it is of this good use to us, that while we are traveling through life it conducts us in an easier and more pleasant way to our journey's end. -- Franois de la Rochefoucauld

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 11:35am | IP Logged
hope is truly wonderful, but if someone relies too much on hope then it usually leads to dangerous procrastination. Where you procrastinate that some miracle will come and fix everything without you doing a single thing. I think that a person should use hope responsibly (lol), because the only way you can ever hope is if you are willing to work hard to make your dreams happen. Other than that i think hope is the drive that makes a person mantain their dignity. Because without hope we have no point in living.

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Each one of us hopes 4 better things...
Hope is an innate belief in dreams. A dream that you do everything in your power to make a reality. However if u rely only on hope alone, nothing will be achieved.
One needs to act on those hopes and dreams to create a better life for yourself. Reaching 4 dreams is the only way you can succeed. Sitting back and hoping something will happen will get you nowhere except where you started...

But, hope is not only a dream, it is the the elemental driving force which gives you the strength to achieve what you want and in some cases the strength to overcome grief and unsurmountable pain. It is at the end, the hope 4 better things that gives you the power to forget, forgive and move on.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top