•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Everyone!!

I am Jiya. I am really inactive on IF right now but I recently started watching this show. and I absolutely love it. I sort of wrote something in a hurry. It's not something great. It's mostly Kiya-centric. Something really nonsensical. It sort takes place before the buddy project idea takes place in the show. Personally speaking, I think it's terrible but my friend encouraged me to put it on IF so here it is:

Having a friend was a refreshing breath. She had been alone so much that she has forgotten what it felt like to have one. Not that she ever knew how it was. To have a friend. She had read in novels, heard from her classmates and even watched on those nonsensical dramas that having a friend makes life complete. Well, she had one right now, she supposed. How exactly was she supposed to act towards him? She couldn't ask him to the movies or talk about the latest trend. Imagine discussing Ranbir Kapoor with Stoneface. His expression, as always, will be that of a stoneface. She would have to be the one to carry the conversation. She wouldn't know exactly what to say, and frankly it would be way too weird to do that with him. She had Juhi for that. No, she would have to think of some other topics.

But then again, she never had a guy friend. The guys had always wanted to get close to her either for her looks, for her sister, or for her name. She hadn't really met anyone who would want to be her friend so far. No one except Stoneface. She smiled. How can a stoneface, expressionless, and deadpan guy like him want to be friends with her? Why had he wanted to be friends with her? She had wondered that several times. She thought that it may have been because JJ told him about her help but then dismissed the idea because she knew that JJ wouldn't do that especially since she requested him so much. What happened then? She shook her head to dismiss the idea for later thought.

As she was passing through, she heard Panchi's voice, "nonu please, don't do that because you will get into trouble." She looked at them and mused for a little while. While releasing a long breath to calm herself, she went towards them. "Hey..," she said meekly. Ranveer and Panchi paid no heed to her. She took another breath and called them out. Again, no reply. They were too involved with themselves. Finally, getting frustrated with this, she called Panchi out a little louder, "Hey fatso.." Upon hearing this, both stopped dead in the middle of their conversation. She saw Ranveer's angry eyes pointed at her. Just as he was about to come towards her, like he always does in Panchi's defense, Kiya raised her hands in submission. Both looked at her confused. She went towards Panchi and held her by the wrist. "I am borrowing your moti for little while." Saying this, she started to walk towards the bathroom when he came towards her. If she thought he was angry before, then calling him angry now would be an understatement. She calmly smiled before he blasted at her for insulting his best friend. "Chill rockstar, I just need her help. Girl stuff! Don't worry, I will drop your friend back here after I am done."

He raised his eyebrows at her, amused. "And what makes you think that she wants to help you?"

Before Kiya could say anything further, Panchi intervened, "It's ok Ranvir. I had to talk to her too about something. Don't worry, I will let you know if I need anything." As Ranvir moved out of Kiya's way so she could take Panchi where she intended to go with her, Panchi stopped staring pointed at Ranvir, "We are not done here. After I am done with this, We will finish this chat!"

Ranveer just rolled his eyes at her. God, his best friend could be so irritating at times. Why couldn't she just give up? She knew that he wouldn't listen to her and yet she never missed out on giving her a lecture.

After seeing their interaction, Kiya smiled to herself. Yes, she could give her the answer that she needed. Panchi is the one who could solve the grand puzzled called Men. She felt Panchi looking at her, confused at her odd behavior. Smiling at nothing. Kiya had to mentally kick herself. This friendship thing was driving her insane. Meaning, here she was dragging someone by the arm just to ask a simple question. And that too, a girl. She shook herself out of her reverie and dragged Panchi, firmly but gently, towards the bathroom. She let go of Panchi's hand and stood there. Well, this was awkward. Where was she supposed to start? What was she supposed to ask? How was she supposed to start a conversation in this situation? She never had any experience with this. She didn't know if Panchi will react favorably towards her. And who could blame her for acting unfavorably? She had been nothing but pain towards her. Always taunting her and hurting her. She felt Panchi staring at her. She looked up only to be surprised. Panchi was looking at her with certain warmth that she was unfamiliar with. Why? Why was she looking at her like that when she had been nothing short of pain to Panchi? If this shock wasn't enough, the next lines shocked her even more, "Thank you.."

The only think Kiya Gujral could manage in that moment was an unintelligible "Huh?" Panchi chuckled at her expression. The shock was too much. When she knew that Kiya has nothing further to add, she continued "Thanks for that day. You know the day you gave me the free advice in this very bathroom? I had wanted to thank you for that day but I just didn't know how to bring this up so I am glad that you brought me here." She finished off rather sheepishly. Kiya was too speechless. What had just happened? What advice had she given her? And then it hit her. It was the day in the bathroom that she had seen Panchi loose her cool for the first time. It had been rather surprising for her. She didn't really know how to act in this situation either. She mentally groaned. She was definitely socially awkward! How was she supposed to reply in this situation?

"You're welcome.." she finished off uncertainly. When she felt Panchi smiling in return, she realized that it was the correct answer. Alright so one problem down, one more to go. She took a deep breath to ask the question. As soon as she opened her mouth, she couldn't speak a word.What exactly was she going to ask? She never needed to do this before. What if Panchi laughs at her. The fear struck and she averted her gaze from Panchi's smile. She saw Panchi's smile faltering a bit from the corner of her eyes. Alright, so she could do this!! There was no point in worrying about the rumors. There were always rumors about her going around. One more rumor wouldn't be so bad. Of course, it was that and the fact that this would have been a true one. But she also knew that fatso..errr..Panchi wouldn't spread rumors about her. She looked determined at Panchi and finally asked the dreaded question, "What do you and Ranvir talk about?"

Surprise was an understatement. If there was a chair then Panchi would fall off of it. This was Kiya Gujral, who wasn't interested in anything about anyone. She wasn't even interested in the rumors that spread about her. She was so indifferent to everything. If someone else told her that Kiya wanted to know this question, then that would become part of a big inside joke for her because she would never have believed it. The woman that stayed so indifferent to everything is asking, caring, about what she and Ranvir talk about? "What?" was all she could manage in her baffled state. Kiya looked at her agitated. That girl had patience of size of a pea. She repeated the question, this time very slowly and carefully, so Panchi has no difficulty in comprehending the question.

Now, Panchi was really confused, "Why do you want to know?" She seemed to be defensive all of a sudden and colored started to rise on Kiya's face as she stammered for an answer. "Do you like Ranvir?" Panchi asked in a small voice. Kiya looked shocked and utterly disgusted, "What? Why would I like that wannabe Junglee? What even gave you that idea? I mean, the only reason I am asking was because I don't know how to keep a conversation with someone and since you have lots of friends, I thought that you may help.." Panchi looked at how uncomfortable Kiya was with this. She smiled apologetically towards Kiya and continued, "Hmmm. Well doesn't it depend on your friend? I mean I can talk to Ranvir about anything and everything because he is my best friend, but, from the looks of it, this is your one of the first, and important, friend that you don't want to lose. In this case, you should talk about what comes naturally to you when you are with him or her. After all, that's what friendship is right? It should come naturally. Later, maybe you can get to know his or her interest and then have conversation on those topics." As she finished talking, she smiled at how intently Kiya was looking at her. The concentration of this girl was amazing. She put her mind to whatever she strived for.

When Kiya realized that Panchi had finished talking, she look up and smiled. Yes, she had found the solution to her problems. It was true. Whenever she was with Stoneface, their conversations came naturally to her. It wasn't made up or planned. It was just what it was. She didn't need to search for topics that they have in common. Their differences were interesting enough to talk about. She smiled the most genuine smile she could manage, "Thank you fatso." However, as soon as she finished her sentence, she caught herself. Oh, what had she done? She had just spoiled the perfectly good moment by her tongue again. Panchi, as if realizing what Kiya was thinking, just looked at her amused. After a little while, she grinned, "You're welcome." With this, Kiya exited the room before she does another further damage.

Panchi smiled to herself. Who said Kiya Gujral was heartless? The girl she saw in front of her proved that she had the most innocent heart of all. Even after having so many obstacles towards friendship, she still tried her best to maintain the one she already had. She smiled to herself. Yes, she was not yet her friend. Maybe just an acquaintance right now but still. She had a feeling that there will come a day when Kiya Gujral, the bi**h of the college, will smile the same smile at her in front of the whole school. It will take some time but it will happen.

~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~

Here it is folks. I know it's not really romantic but I wanted something like friendship sort of. I mean, knowing Kiya, the friendship would mean a lot to her so I just sort of. I am sorry if I got too carried away. And I am sorry if I bored you guys. Please do read and review. any crticisms are welcome 😊

PS: I know it's a bit out of character but it was required for whatever I wrote.

I really like the concept of the whole OS! :)

I can really imagine Kiya going through the turmoil and going to Panchi for help. And Panchi, being herself,would help her out. And so, a beautiful friendship will blossom in that direction too! 

The last few lines had me smiling. How Panchi grinned at being called 'fatso'. That, to me, was an extremely symbolic thing! 

Do write more! :) '
-Raina
I m glad your writing in this forum too. Looking forward to more stuff from you! Coming to this ff, it was really nice. I would inside their scene almost like this. It would be cute if the creatives showed something like this so we could see another side of kiya n another friendship blosoming. But I m sure the creatives will get to that but I m not complaining. I just love the couples too much lol