OS--My Light in the Dark Night UPDATED PG. 6!

sharna2k6 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hey guys, I'm back with another OS. Well, its in two parts just for you lazy dears who do not like reading! Hehe, you guys know by now I cannot create anything short, and this ended up being really long, so I just broke it into two parts! This OS isn't anything serious or intense like my last one, just a light PaYa moment in between all the chaos.. well you guys can read it, lol. But I just want to mention quickly, I wrote this OS before I caught up with three weeks of episodes I had missed and I thought it was funny, some of what I added is diologues and thoughts from the show! But I swear I hadn't known til after I wrote the OS.. Haha. Guess my psych studying is paying off and I can dicepher Adi well.. better than the CV's I think! Hehe. 😛😉

Sooo enjoy, and YESS, do comment! If I don't get enough comments I'm not posting my second part, and then you guys will be at risk for a verrry angry Pooja as the results hahaha 😆😆😉

It has been a hectic week with the preparations of Adi and Latika's wedding approaching around the corner. Adi was getting a bit irritated with all the chaos and rituals that were starting to take place. He was still having mixed feelings about the wedding but what could he do, the deal has been settled. After a lot of analyzing and speculating he came to the conclusion that this marriage, this settlement, was a good deal. He just wanted to get this whole shenanigan over with and continue on with his life. In all this commotion he hasn't even been able to spend time with his best friend, best friend who has taken it upon herself it seems like, to do all the decorations for his wedding herself. Or is it just an excuse to keep herself busy and away from Adi? He cannot tell. He's been a little confused and worried about her behavior lately, actually. She seems distracted and in a haze every time he sees her. Odd. He decided he will have to do something about it because if it's one thing he cannot stand, it is to see his dear ones upset. And Pankuri, his dear best friend is very important to him.

The night was coming to an end, all the work for that day was wrapping up when all of a sudden all the lights in the Diwan mansion go off, followed by a big BOOM.

"Uof, yeh baresh bhe na.. hamesha saab kuch kharaab kar deetha hain. Kithna aandhera ho gaya hain," Adi murmers in the dark. "Generator bhe on nahin ho raha hain!"

"Well, it's a good thing that all the work for today was wrapped up anyways" he adds as a side thought.

As soon as he thought that, he heard a loud scream coming from the direction of Pankuri's room.

"OH SHIT, PANKURI!"

In a heartbeat Adi was in her room, by her side. She was up on a small ladder putting up some decorations when the lights went out, and now she was stranded up on top, panic-struck.

"Adi! Adi please help me! Muhje bahut daar laag raha hain.. kuch nahin dekai de rahi hain! I'm stuck!! Aur achanak yeh lights kyu chale gaye?"

She was honestly a little more afraid of the darkness instead of getting stuck on top of the ladder. The darkness was not her friend these days'

She was squirming around at the top of the ladder, laced with pure fear.

"Pankuri, mein hoon na, chinta math karo.  Agar mein hoon tumke saath, tumhe kuuch nahin ho sakta. I'll get you down, but don't mov'"

Before Adi could direct her to stop moving, Pankuri lost her balance and she was falling. She closed her eyes and braced herself for the fall and pain which was sure to follow. Instead she found herself in the safe, strong arms of Adi. Her hero.

"Meine kaha na mein tumhe kuch nahin hone donga," he states proudly. 

Just then, another thunder suddenly struck loudly, scaring Pankuri into causing her to grip onto Adi's shoulders more firmly. Adi watched Pankuri thoroughly concerned and perplexed at her frightened state. Suddenly it clicked!

"Of course, you fool! How could you forget??" He chastises himself. Ever since Pankuri's incident at the office, the strong, fearless Pankuri was replaced by an anxious, jumpy Pankuri who reacts to things that didn't affect her before.  "You should have checked on her the instant the lights went off instead of waiting for her scream. You idiot!!!"

He gently puts her down but as soon as he does so Pankuri yelps in pain. When she lost her balance and fell from the ladder, she twisted her ankle trying to break her fall. In an instant, she is pulled back into his arms, cradling her; he carries her over to the bed and gently sets her down, ignoring her meek protests that she's fine.

"Chup Pankuri! Tumhe choot lagi hain! You are not fine. You are not walking on it until I take a look at it."

In the darkness he roams around and manages to find candles and matches located on top of her wardrobe.

"It's a good think you have an obsession with candles, Pankuri, otherwise we'd have to roam around in the complete darkness looking for torches!"

With the light from the candle illuminating the room, he finds the first aid box and takes a look at Pankuri's injuries. Pankuri, now quiet and still' finds herself greedily savoring this unexpected moment with him, etching it into her memories because she knows soon, that's all she'll have'

With him there, by her side, the darkness, the storm, none of it bothers her. Adi's presence has a calming effect to her.

Her thoughts are suddenly interrupted by Adi's distraught voice. "Pankuri, you're bleeding too! You scraped your ankle as well as spraining it when you fell. What was the need for you to get up on the ladder? You silly woman! What if I had not come in time? You could have hurt youself even more. Stop with all this preparation nonsense. No more." He continues to scold her while Pankuri pouts, secretly enjoying the concern Adi was having for her. But then again, she didn't want him to worry too much. She was fine. As long as he was with her, she was fine'

"Tumne he tho kaha, agar tum hoo, tho muhje kuuch nahin hoga" She retorts back, very pleased with her answer.

"Oooh, very nice Ms. Pankuri, very nice. Meri hi line phirse meri oopaar hmm??"

He extends his hand to clean her wound but gets unexpectedly surprised as Pankuri pulls back her foot.

"No Adi! Please, it's okay. No need for that'

"What? But why..? Don't be so shy Pankuri!"

"No, no. It's not that.. It's just that it'll.. it'll.. sting!" Adi burst out laughing at this childish Pankuri.

"It won't hurt Pankuri, trust me. Would I ever hurt you? Here, take my hand and hold on to it. If it stings, you squeeze my hand okay?"   

He covered Pankuri's small delicate hands with his own. Meanwhile Pankuri constructs the sensation of his warm, manly hands on hers into her brain so she could keep it forever. She's so focused on the sensation that next thing she knows she hears Adi saying it's done!

"Ithni jaldi?? " she asks, a little disappointed that she has to release his hands now'

Adi just responds with an amused smile.

"Thank you so much Adi. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here.. But I am okay now, so you please to get some rest now. It's quite late now too."

"What?? Are you out of your mind Pankuri? You think I'm going to leave you in this state? The lights are not back on yet, and you are injured. You really must be out of your mind if you think I'm going to leave. I'm staying here with you tonight."

Sooo.. What're you guys waiting for?? Comment awaaay 😃😉
Edited by sharna2k6 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Interesting... Pls update soon... 😊
kdkudi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very nicely written..."Would I ever hurt you?"  Yes, Adi you hurt our Pankuri's feelings so many times. intentionally or unintentionally.😭..But Sharna very creative writing...I enjoyed reading it...Keep it up!! Can't wait to see part-2!!👏 
payalibm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
lolzzz...hahahahaha...why do female always has to fall from ladder...why do males dosent do this and falla nd female piks up...

i loved it swetuuu
the romance is like i am in lala land...ufff..lovely writen

abyy oyyy 2nd part pm kar dai i cant seem to w8...hahahaha
guys she is theiff...after reading this whole night i am gona be in lala land and i need 2nd part now to get some sleep you racalaaa...gv me..pm meee
sharna2k6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: payalibm

lolzzz...hahahahaha...why do female always has to fall from ladder...why do males dosent do this and falla nd female piks up...

i loved it swetuuu

guys she is theiff...after reading this whole night i am gona be in lala land and i need 2nd part now to get some sleep you racalaaa...gv me..pm meee

Haha, Payaldi, your comment always make laugh 😃😛 Thank you so much for your sweet/funny commentt 😳 
Weeell, for the second part, make sure those that read, comment! I didn't stay up til 3 for nothing on this OS 😉😆 
sukhi... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: payalibm

i loved it swetuuu

Lala land!! 🤣 nvr heard it b4... 😆
sharna2k6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kdkudi

Very nicely written..."Would I ever hurt you?" Yes, Adi you hurt our Pankuri's feelings so many times. intentionally or unintentionally.😭..But Sharna very creative writing...I enjoyed reading it...Keep it up!! Can't wait to see part-2!!👏

Thanks you so much for your comment! I'm glad, you liked it! Haha, adi tried his best not to hurt his best friend. Thanks again, and will post second part soon

Btw, you're new, welcome! :)
Poojaa_P thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Firstly I AM WAITING FOR THE 2nd PART! post it ASAP. or else 😡 
hahaha
oo and yes if people don't comment on your OS, i will literally hunt them down and things will get pretty messy ! so they better be good readers and comment to save their lives! 
haha Omg i sound like a some dangerous woman. I can't even think of a word to describe myself rightnow.. my threatening avatar is not pleasing at all..

anywaysss back to your awesome -wonderful - beautiful - too good - sweet and cute OS.. it's AMAZING x Infinity + 1 😳 

I think i have the whole OS memorised, not kidding, i probably know it word for word. And i've only read it about 2 times so far ! 

I know you think i'm being biased and just saying the good stuff to make you happy, it's not the case at all ! you know how much i adore your writing! it's beautifully written in every way. it can't get any better than this. 
Its so cute and you've correctly used their character personality - i.e the way pankhuri meeks and says i'm fine.. when she's not fine. That is SO her personality, i can just imagine her saying that. 
And how Adi says, would i ever hurt you?! the honesty is clearly visible. If this ever happens in the actual show, this is EXACTLY how ADI would react to the situation. As i've said before, you know the guy too well. 

The best thing about it is, that it relates the current track and you made it sound so real! 
Favourite part was obviously Adi lifting pankhuri, and being stubborn that i will stay here with you tonight. The care, the concern is just UFF 
Your words make me fall for adi even more! how do you manage to come up with these creative ideas! 

Oh and also, have i mentioned your English is so good! I mean the vocabulary and grammar. It just makes the story sound just that tiny bit better. like cherry on cake. Otherwise no matter how good the concept is, it kills the mood to read. so yes thank you for such beautiful writing. 🤗
I think credit goes to your psych studies no? 😉

Edited by Poojaa_P - 11 years ago
-.serendipity.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
really liked this os... please update the second part soon!!!!
anusha.cochin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very short OS sharna..congrats