Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Manish_Shetty

IF-Dazzler

Manish_Shetty

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Disclaimer: Plz note that this is a long post and probably u gives will even be bored...u may even find this weird for me to make a post of this sort in this forum...but plz..if possible read it...Smile
Suvi u were a Topper...u are a topper and u shall always remain one...

Seriously after that wonderful answer I am proud that I am ur follower...
Guys dont u think it is weird hw we one shw can bring all of us together and keep us connected...??

Sorry may be I am sounding too philosophical...but then this is a true fact...before i did not know Akshay, Mia, Shaz, Kim...or anyone for that matter...but it is only due to SG tat today am knowing them...we have never met but then i still feel free to share my sorrows and happiness with them..

The first thing i do after returning from college nowadays is to come online of IF and not on FB...all this is possible only due to Suvreen Guggal...

This forum has given me a lot...it relives me from tension...when I am angry on my friends in college it make me feel that I am not left alone..I have some one here too...

It has become a very important part of my life...and hope it is the same with u guys too...Smile

Once again coming to the same old ambition and dream...I discussed with my mom abt it...and she said me that okay lets see abt it later but now u need to focus on studies..and i promised her that I ll get really good marks in all my exams and make her proud...but please dont ask me to let go my dream..i explained it to her...and today she was like she could not sleep last nite..and I am like why?
And her reply is that i was thinking abt my children (me and my sis)..so my sis is like wat happened..? and her reply was that she is worried abt my decision to become an actor...But does that mean I am troubling my mom and dad a lot...???

Am I tat bad a son that i cannot give them a lil bit of happiness...Like Tultuli said..Am i selfish too??...I cannot discuss this question with my college friends...becoz probably they will not take me seriously...My only hope is u guys...plz..let me know...!!

Should i leave my dream, my passion aside...?? Becoz my parents are not happy?? Is it right on my part to do something that I am not happy doing just to please my parents??...Plz help...

I am really sorry if i bored u all with my problems...I know this may be personal..and many of u may even be irritated by my this post...but I am really sorry...this was the only way i could express my self...i am sorry...maybe this is a public forum and i must not be discussing my personal issues here...but then this forum has given me a home..i find a home in it...Smile

Edited by Manish_Shetty - 08 October 2012 at 10:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

bhunilukim.rayatsujairohitvidya.GakshayR

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Yipee...!!!" in Suvreen Guggal - Topper of the year forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

akshayR

IF-Rockerz

akshayR

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Ok...so manish first of all..relax..dnt know about boring..but it was an intense post LOL so first chillax..Wink

So...i will give u my take on your problem and side by side compare it with SG..

See...first of all u have a passion to become an actor...it a passion..not a cup of coffee ki aaj isko acchi lagi toh le liya...kissi aur ko acchi nahi lagi toh chodd diya...NO!!..its your passion..so atleast respect your passion (i know m going a bit harsh..please don't feel offended..but sorry..its the truth!...and i will tell it to u this way..) if u leave it like that..then u yourself along with your parents and maybe us...will think it was just something like 5 din ka josh...like suvi's mum said...

RESPECT YOUR PASSION and INTERESTS...then only u will respect yourself...and others too...

Something like we r saying nowadays in case of suvi-RC...like if she falls for RC...we will certainly doubt suvi's love for yuvraj..that whether it was true or not...and this is bound to happen with our thinking then...

So Keep your passion alive...and let it be in front of your parents always..so that they never feel..ki it is just a temporary addiction...nothing else...even if u don't do anything..keep realizing them that this is your passion...

About parents..well manish..they r parents yaar...maybe right now we dnt understand it...when we reach that stage..we might get it...but the problem is...they have a responsibility of their child..his life...and its a BIGGG thing...i don't know if u have ever lead in a project...but u have lots of tension if you r group leader of that project..to take care of everything...just imagine that for our parents..we r like a project only (along with emotions!! Big smile) in which they have so much responsibility on their shoulders that too for 20 odd years...and if they see their child fail..their own child fail...its a big thing..for them..if not for us..

We r very quickly on the dialoguebaazi to our parents that atleast i will be responsible for whatever deeds i do...and then i will have to myself suffer from it...Just imagine..in SG only..can yuvi even see suvi suffer...NO!..then how can parents see their child suffer in any case!!..be it his/her own decision..if a guy can't see his love suffering..then c'mon voh toh parents hain

So..they will have tension...u just keep your dream alive...and going strong...they will realize it don't worry...and yeah..this is no selfishness here from your side..infact u r thinking about your parents..which actually suvi isn't...ofcourse she has added problems with her..but still

Edited by akshayR - 08 October 2012 at 9:34am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maria_rox14vidya.Gkim.rayatManish_Shetty

Manish_Shetty

IF-Dazzler

Manish_Shetty

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:37am | IP Logged
thanx a lot...i knew tat this forum will always help me solve my problems..and ya it will always keep me going ahead...thanx a lot...Big smile

akshayR

IF-Rockerz

akshayR

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged
seriously and frankly batao..bura maan gaye kya...coz i know i was a bit harsh..but u need to respect your passion if u r to do anything in life...agar voh nahi karte..toh koi fayda nahi...

And again..i want an honest feedback..if u felt bad...ab jab u consider me as your bro...u need to share things wid me like a bro only..i do the same with my cousins too..and dnt worry about how i will feel..agar tumko bura laga toh...main ignore karna shuru nahi krne wala LOL bas thoda aur pyaar se samjhaunga shayad Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Manish_Shetty

Manish_Shetty

IF-Dazzler

Manish_Shetty

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akshayR

seriously and frankly batao..bura maan gaye kya...coz i know i was a bit harsh..but u need to respect your passion if u r to do anything in life...agar voh nahi karte..toh koi fayda nahi...

And again..i want an honest feedback..if u felt bad...ab jab u consider me as your bro...u need to share things wid me like a bro only..i do the same with my cousins too..and dnt worry about how i will feel..agar tumko bura laga toh...main ignore karna shuru nahi krne wala LOL bas thoda aur pyaar se samjhaunga shayad Smile

nahi bhai...seriously...i did not feel bad...u have actually helped me solve my confusion...and ya i consider u my bro u i ll always continue to..and ya agar ignore kiya tho mein jantha hoon kya karna hein...LOL...just kidding...i did not feel bad...Smile

Manish_Shetty

IF-Dazzler

Manish_Shetty

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
bhai..nyways...i will go have my dinner...mom is calling me...will be back soon...and ya if possible will be online...

kim.rayat

Goldie

kim.rayat

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Same pinchTongue When u do sumthing against the thinking of ur parents,, this is the first hurdle,,,, and mom is the first one to worry when we think of taking some risk with our life,,, so don't take tension.
Its like it might took a long time for you to realise that ur passion is acting. It wasn't like one day u got up and felt sum craving for being an actor. But it is sudden for ur parents, though they may be knowing that u like acting but choosing it as a profession is another big thing... You are thinking abt ur passion at time but ur parents are thinking abt u. I hope u understand wat I'm asking u... See don't think that u r a bad son,, Its a natural reaction to ur action,, u jst need to handle it sensitively. In any case don't overreact. U don't need to leave ur passion or career without thinking practically. Both money and mental satisfaction are equally important. Ya u can earn money through acting but according to ur parent's POV academics are sure way to economically successful future. There are many actors, who started acting after graduation,, so chill, enjoy every bit of ur student life. u won't get it back.

And don't think,, ur posts bother us,,, SG is our connecting link, and we are connected to SG coz in one or another way we feel related to the show. So there's no harm discussing such issues if SG is discussing them through the show... 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Manish_Shetty

Manish_Shetty

IF-Dazzler

Manish_Shetty

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kim.rayat

Same pinchTongue When u do sumthing against the thinking of ur parents,, this is the first hurdle,,,, and mom is the first one to worry when we think of taking some risk with our life,,, so don't take tension.
Its like it might took a long time for you to realise that ur passion is acting. It wasn't like one day u got up and felt sum craving for being an actor. But it is sudden for ur parents, though they may be knowing that u like acting but choosing it as a profession is another big thing... You are thinking abt ur passion at time but ur parents are thinking abt u. I hope u understand wat I'm asking u... See don't think that u r a bad son,, Its a natural reaction to ur action,, u jst need to handle it sensitively. In any case don't overreact. U don't need to leave ur passion or career without thinking practically. Both money and mental satisfaction are equally important. Ya u can earn money through acting but according to ur parent's POV academics are sure way to economically successful future. There are many actors, who started acting after graduation,, so chill, enjoy every bit of ur student life. u won't get it back.

And don't think,, ur posts bother us,,, SG is our connecting link, and we are connected to SG coz in one or another way we feel related to the show. So there's no harm discussing such issues if SG is discussing them through the show... 

thanx a lot kim...ya i surely will follow my passion..so nw to conclude i think i will have to focus both on studies and acting...i ll have try my level best to handle both...then probably as soon as graduation will take up some good job and will also start applying for acting auditions then may be i ll get a chance...maybe this will make my parents also lil free...they may not be that scared later...i ll tell this tomorrow or may be after my exams and later see their reaction to it...thanx a lot...for all ur suggestions..u all are defntly great friends...Smile...luv u all...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.