Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

'Bhari Pari is very emotional'- Danica Moadi

'Bhari Pari is very emotional'- Danica Moadi

Bhari Pari starts crying in every situation. Why? Danica Moadi who plays Bhari Pari in Baal Veer on SAB TV explains...

Do you think it's a challenge to play a fairy?

It surely is a challenge to play a fairy. It's not playing a normal character, but an out-of-the-world one. It is tough doing the flying scenes. We are tied to a harness that lifts us up. It's difficult to manage that for two hours along with our costume and jewellery. 

Did you prepare to play a fairy?

Not really. The fact that I had played a fairy on stage in school helped me.

What are your favourite books on fairies?

Rather than books I remember the fairy stories my parents told me. They would for instance tell me that if I would eat a certain food like a good girl, the fairy would give me a gift.

What are your favourite films on fairies?

I haven't seen any film on fairies.

Did the Tooth Fairy visit you as a child?

The Tooth Fairy would visit me like Santa Claus did and leave me gifts.

Did you believe in fairies as a child?

I was told about fairies so many times that I started believing in them. In fact when a fleecy cloud went by I thought that a fairy was passing.

Do you still in a way believe in fairies?

I believe in good and evil. Fairies are a sign of goodness. They can heal.

Please tell me about your fairy costume and makeup.

It is a long and flowing costume. I wear silver and diamond jewellery. 

If you wanted a fairy to grant you one wish what would it have been?

I would wish that I could play a fairy without using a harness.

Fairies are expected to smile. However Bhari Pari cries. Please comment.

Bhari Pari is very emotional. Whenever she sees something sad tears come to her eyes. In fact she cries when she is happy too.

- Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

.Tanya. thumbnail

'I haven't read fairy tales'- Sharmilee Raj

'I haven't read fairy tales'- Sharmilee Raj

Baal Pari (on SAB TV's Baal Veer which will be launched tonight) can use her hair like a web or a rope to throw, catch and trap things. She can block anything with her rope looking hair. Tellybuzz in talks withSharmilee Raj who plays Baal Pari

Do you think it's a challenge to play a fairy?

It isn't a challenge to play a fairy but great fun. It is after all a fantasy so there is a lot that can be done with the character. I play a sweet and fun loving fairy. I play Baal Veer's mom. I have taken him from earth to Pari Lok. I fight evil with the power in my hair. I can tie up people with it.

I didn't have to prepare. However there was a look test. I had to work on getting the exact look.

Alice in Wonderland.

I don't think there were fairies in Alice in Wonderland...

I haven't read fairy tales as I haven't been into fantasy while growing up. However Alice in Wonderland is a lovely fantasy tale.

No, never.

I still believe in fairies and in angels too. Fairies I feel have the power to make your wishes come true.

My costume is beautifully pink with soft patterns like roses in it.  I have light pinkish natural makeup.

I would wish that our show Baal Veer becomes a super duper hit. Not just kids but also adults should enjoy it.

Is it your own hair that we see on the show? Or have they added hair extensions or have you worn a wig?

As my hair in the show is 10 feet long it can't be my real hair. It is quite heavy too. Obviously, hair extensions have been used.

-          Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13041-i-havent-read-fairy-tales-sharmilee-raj.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

Rukhsar Rehman turns fairy godmother

After playing a negative role in "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge", actressRukhsar Rehman now dons the garb of a fairy godmother in fantasy show "Baal Veer". She considers it as a most enjoyable project.After playing a negative role in "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge", actress Rukhsar Rehman now dons the garb of a fairy godmother in fantasy show "Baal Veer". She considers it as a most enjoyable project.

She plays Guru Maa, and will be on the lookout for a responsible 'pari' (fairy) in the fictional Parilok, so that she can bestow her responsibilities on her.

Best recalled for her role as Dr. Mallika in popular show "Kuch Toh Log Kahenge", the actress is excited about the role.

"I can't express it in words how I felt when I was offered this role. I was extremely happy, excited and nervous. For me, it is a very interesting concept," Rukhsar said in a statement.

"I felt like my childhood dream came true. Every girl wants to be treated like a fairy, look glamorous with a heavy dress and amazing jewellery and I am glad that I have been offered to play the role of a god mother. I would always consider this as one of the most enjoyable shoot," she added.

"Baal Veer" airs on SAB TV, and features names like Karishma TannaShama Sikander and Aditi Sajwan.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13061-rukhsar-rehman-turns-fairy-godmother.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

Review of Baal Veer

Review of Baal Veer

Baal Veer is a sweet fantasy tale which may be enjoyed by both kids and adults.

Baal Veer
Production House: Optimystix
SAB TV, Monday to Friday, 8pm
Genre: Fantasy

The creatives have beautifully blended reality and fantasy in SAB TV's Baal Veer. The plot synopsis is as follows: A bedtime fairy tale told to a child comes true because as mentioned in the story a Fairy Land ruled by Rani Pari does exist. Rani Pari hears the endearing plea of a little girl to help her and duly sends Baal Veer, (a little boy who was adopted by fairies when he was a baby) to help the world.

The USP of this serial is that Fairy Land has been etched out in magnanimous beauty. The special effects used to create a heavenly Fairy Land are unique. 

The costume design and makeup of the fairies are also striking. This show surely deserves to win awards for the best costumes and makeup. Though all the winged fairies are clad in royal attire, each and every fairy has a distinctly unique look.

The cinematography and special effects of this show also stand apart. A lot of effort has gone into creating the scenes in which the fairies are flying. The scenes zooming to and fro from Earth to the heavenly Fairy Land are eye catching. Ditto for the scenes in which the fairies create magic by waving their wands.

What is quite innovative about this show is that the fairies aren't perfect. For instance Dari Dari Pari gets nervous easily and Bhari Bhari Pari's eyes well up with tears. Then there's the Bhayankar Pari who is just a fairy on the exterior but evil from within.

I also liked the fact that the heavenly child Baal Veer isn't being given the leeway by the fairies who mentor him while he executes his earthly duties. Indeed he has to live the hard life of a child who works in a tea shop so that he can empathize better with them and accordingly help them out.Baal Veer is shown to be more than happy to do the washing, cleaning and delivering tea in exchange of two square meals a day. Fairies won't clean the utensils he is supposed to clean manually by the whiff of the magic wand. This little boy is mature enough to understand that he needs to work hard to save the world. He doesn't grumble about this at all.

Common problems which both privileged and under-privileged Indian children face are being dealt quite well in the show. Till now they have raised issues like child labour, bullying in schools, TV addiction in kids and childhood gluttony.

The musical track which accompanies the scenes of Baal Veer's super human feats has a grandiose touch somewhat similar to the super hero movies' dramatic score. Baal Veer is after all India's child super hero on TV.

The drawback of the show is that the humour isn't really rib-tickling and surely doesn't make you fall off the chair. If the humour is better, the show will attract more viewers.

As we won't be getting TRP till December 19th, we can't measure the success of the show on the basis of its opening TRP. However we can say that both adults and kids can enjoy this sweet fantasy show.

Verdict: Three out of five stars

-       Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/critics-corner/13121-review-of-baal-veer.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

'I haven't read books on fairies'- Lavina Tandon

'I haven't read books on fairies'- Lavina Tandon

Gaal Pari can blow out a gigantic bubble from her cheeks which saves people who are falling from a height. Tellybuzz in talks withLavina Tandon who plays Gaal Pari on SAB TV's Baal Veer...

I didn't really prepare to play the role of a fairy. However, when I am enacting a fairy I make sure to be positive and sweet, so that kids like me. In the creative meetings we were told to be careful about our expressions while emoting.

Is it fun to play a fairy?

It is surely fun to play a fairy as I after all get to wear amazing costumes. As we have so many fairies on the show the ambience is very jolly. I am happy to play one. 

Actually I am quite impatient so I haven't read books on fairies.

What are your favourite films on fairies?

I can't remember.

No, never. In fact when I lost a tooth my mom would always tell me to toss it on the roof top.

Yes. As I child I would often request my mom to buy certain things for me but she would refuse. I would wish before I went to bed that some fairy would give me all those things that my mom refused to buy. The next day however there was no gift.

Do you still in a way believe in fairies?

I don't believe in fairies but I surely do believe in angels. I believe angels have been guiding me in both my personal and professional life.

I think I am the luckiest among all fairies to have the lightest costume. My costume is peach coloured, with one side off shoulder with net. As I am enacting a fairy I had to put orange sparkles on my eye lids and since I am Gaal Pari, I had to put more blusher.

I have done both positive and negative roles. I have played parallel leads too. However I am still waiting for a big break. I would wish for a big break and a Bollywood debut.

What kind of feedback have you got from this role?

Kids love this show especially when Baal Veer enters. They admire the graphics too. My cousins' kids (my nephews and nieces) love this show. An aunt of mine wants to watch a certain serial on a Hindi GEC which has a lot of fights in it. However it runs at the same time slot as Baal Veer. Finally the kids won the battle over the remote and watch Baal Veer. When my nephews and nieces meet me in real life, they are disappointed that I can't fly like I do on the show.

Author and Reporter: Pallavi Bhattacharya

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
TOI: Shama is passionate about photography
By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Nov 23, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

READ MORE Rizwan|Photography|Bhayankar Pari|Balveer|Alexx O Neil
Shama is passionate about photography
Shama Sikandar
Shama Sikandar, who plays 'Bhayankar Pari' in telly show 'Balveer', is passionate about photography. She says, "I never used to like it. But my brother Rizwan said I should capture allthe moments, because I will never get to live them again. It struck me." The actress bought a camera two years ago. 

"I started taking Photography seriously this year. I click pictures even on my phone. I click everything, including people, myself, children, objects and even my boyfriend Alexx O Neil. Whenever I am alone, I love watching all the photographs clicked by me." Shama has clicked at least a thousand photographs and wishes to hold an exhibition sometime.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Shama wants to avoid image trap

Sunday, November 25, 2012 | 1:12:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)  

shama sikander

TV actress Shama Sikander doesn't want to get stuck with any particular image and aims to be as versatile as international artists who have the freedom to pick any role at any stage of their lives.

"Outside (abroad), actors are actors. They are not termed as TV actors or film actors. They can do any sort of role in any age. The kind of popularity and respect they get is million times more than us. In India, people like to attach a tag with each and every person," Shama said

"I will always do roles that attract me. I don't get insecure by all these things," added the actress who rose to fame with the TV show "Yeh Meri Life Hai".

After playing an ambitious middle class girl with big dreams in "Yeh Meri Life Hai", Shama is now seen in SAB TV's fantasy show "Baal Veer" in which her character has grey shades. But she is enjoying the role as her motto is do be versatile.

"It depends on how you play the character. I want to play all kinds of characters, I don't want to get stuck anywhere... bind myself in one image. I would like to experiment and that's why I chose this. Because it's a negative role, I am getting to do much more. On TV, there is not much for positive characters," she said.

With more and more reality shows and soaps crowding the small screen, her fantasy show stands a good chance to be liked by all.

"I think this is the right time because we don't have something of this genre. Fantasy always works because people never stop dreaming. Plus, right now we have nothing of this type," she said.

Shama never gets pressurised by people's expectations and says, "When people see you, they do expect something good out of you. But that is only five percent because I work for myself and my pleasure..."

Apart from TV shows, she is trying to make inroads in films and her clothes label also keeps her busy.

"I am working towards films. There are some projects in the pipeline. 15 days of my month goes there, then I have a (clothes) label so I work for that as well."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13393-shama-wants-to-avoid-image-trap.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: TV actors warmly embrace Mumbai's winter

Thursday, December 06, 2012 | 3:37:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

Winter has set in in Mumbai, the mercury has dropped a few degrees, it's just a wee bit chilly. TV actors are thoroughly enjoying this season.

When you think of winter, the scene you instantly conjure up is of a snowy landscape, a cosy fireplace, warm woollen mittens and mugs of hot chocolate. Mumbai, the city where shooting for TV shows happen, however has a maritime climate with very mild winters. Nevertheless TV actors are making the best of Mumbai winters as it's after all a very pleasant season especially for outdoor shooting.

Shama Sikander

Winters are not too chilly in Mumbai, therefore it is very pleasant to shoot outdoors. In summer and monsoon it's difficult to step outdoors in the city. I am going for a winter vacation this year, most probably to Istanbul.

I love dressing up in this beautiful season. As winters in Mumbai are however not too cold, we can't unfortunately dress up the way people of Paris and Delhi do during winters. Nevertheless it's slightly chilly now in Mumbai so I love to wear jackets, scarves and nice leggings with boots.

My skin gets very dry in winter, it is otherwise oily. I wash my skin regularly and moisturize it too. In winter after all your body craves for fats and carbohydrates, nevertheless I try to eat calorie free food. I enjoy a cup of hot tea and coffee during winters and I also like to sip on red wine.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: I got the creative bug from my maternal side: Shama Sikander

By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 11, 2012, 12.15 PM IST
READ MORE Shama Sikander|South Africa|Fashion Designer|Baal Veer
I got the creative bug from my maternal side: Shama Sikander
Shama Sikander
Actor Shama Sikander whom we are currently seeing as the 'Bhayankar Pari' in Baal Veer is a talented fashion designer. And the actress, who was on a break has created the label Saisha two years back.

"I have been completely attached with the label. Last year we were a part of the prestigious Lakme Fashion Week talent box which was a landmark for me and my label. This year also my fashion label has travelled to South Africaand we got a very good response because there isa huge market for the Indian designers inforeign countries. And it was good for my label as I wanted to capitalise on that."

Shama feels that her artistic genes have come from her mother and her late uncle. "My mother has been a huge inspiration. In my childhood most of the dresses which I wore were designed by my mom and also she used to do a lot of artistic stuff like table cloth, covers, etc. My uncle also had been a great master and was renowned - so these two persons were enough to inspire me in this field."

Sikander feels her doing something new in this line was always there in her mind but because she is the eldest in the family she wanted to establish her career first and then try for this. "After acting, there came a time when I realised I am bored doing the same things again and again and that was the time I came up with the label. I am settled with the brand now and I have a full team who will be taking care of this along with me. And when I got Baal Veer I thought this is a good time to do television again and isn't life all about multi-tasking and balancing," she adds.
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Shama's creative instincts
By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 16, 2012, 11.53 AM IST
Shama's creative instincts
Shama Sikandar
Shama Sikander has a passion for photography. She has been into photography for a long time now. She keeps a camera handy and also uses her mobile to click pictures. She loves to click whenever she gets time. She has more than thousand pictures in her collection.

These pictures are particularly close to her heart. She says,"Getting yourself clicked is as fascinating as self clicking. Among them there is a favourite. It was a nice mirror and red lip colour is my favourite. I had gone to the tourist market in Amsterdam where I took this pic. Photography is a way of life for me".

On being asked how she is feeling being the 'Bhayankar Pari' she says, "Where ever I go, people especially kids recognise me. Fan following among kids have multiplied many folds. Who doesn't like adulation?" On being asked about multi-tasking as she is also running her own fashion labelshe says, "My business is also in place as I have a dedicated team so I am able to manage my work and acting simultaneously."