Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

A question about e-mail verification...

-Jitu- Goldie
-Jitu-
-Jitu-

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Why there is no proper e-mail verification system in place on IF. Well there is one but its not effective. Anyone can create an account by putting any random email id and start disturbing the community. It also makes things difficult for moderators.

Let me put things into perspective. On many online forums there is a saying that "It takes 1 minute to ban an account and 5 minutes to create a new one." Reason being that people have to create new email id everytime their account gets banned. And that takes time.

It is simple to understand isn't it. But look at this forum... here "It takes 1 minute to ban an account and 30 seconds to create a new one". This clearly gives 'naughty' people an edge over moderators.

So my question is why people are allowed to post in forums or send PMs or even visit profiles of members without verifying their email id. Now a days almost every website doesn't allow people to participate in forum without verifying their email id..then why not IF-forum?? Confused 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

StrawbellaSayNO2Fur.

SayNO2Fur. IF-Rockerz
SayNO2Fur.
SayNO2Fur.

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
I agree with ya on that.
But, like you said yourself, it just takes 5 mins to create another email address.. so executing a better verification process would still not put an end to the ones that create new id's with a sole purpose of causing disruptions in forum activities.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Jitu-

S-by-S Groupbie
S-by-S
S-by-S

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Definitely needed. 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top