Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

My Box Office Predictions for Aiyaa

srkat thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
There was a time when Rani Mukerji was the Rani of Bollywood. Films like KUCH KUCH HOTA HAIN, SAATHIYA, CHALTE CHALTE, HUM TUM, BLACK, etc cemented her status as a top star. However, she then started having a rough patch, with films like LAAGA CHUNARI MEIN DAAG, THODA PYAR THODA MAGIC, and DIL BOLE HADIPPA failing to leave a mark at the box office. There was a ray of light though, with NO ONE KILLED JESSICA doing well for her, although it has been nearly two years now since that film has released. Basically, Rani Mukerji has been out of the limelight, while actresses like Vidya Balan, Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, etc are fighting for the number one position amongst actresses in Bollywood!

Rani Mukerji makes her return to the screen this week for the first in almost 2 years, with AIYYAA. It has been seen recently that heroine-oriented films have been doing well. Vidya Balan's THE DIRTY PICTURE and KAHAANI were both super-sucessful. Kareena Kapoor's HEROINE, in spite of having a mixed/negative feedback, proved to be a "Plus" film at the box office, and also got Kareena Kapoor extremely positive feedback for her acting. Now, as we speak, Sridevi's ENGLISH VINGLISH is on it's way to become a success story. Can Rani repeat the same magic?

The promos of AIYYAA have a massy and South Indian appeal to them. Also, the promos of the film have gotten a positive response. Judging by the response to the promos, I think that this film has the potential to strike a chord with the audiences, moreso amongst the masses and South Indian audience. Another positive for the film is that it has a small budget. 

It is important to note though that AIYYAA will likely not take a good opening at the box office. It is not often that heroine-oriented films take a good start the box office, and it will be the same for AIYYAA. Nontheless, the opening will be better in the South and mass-dominated areas of India. On the other side, it is important to note that next week will see the release of Karan Johar's STUDENT OF THE YEAR, which will affect the business of AIYYAA at multiplexes, although AIYYAA could still do well at the single screens.

My Box Office Predictions for AIYYAA:
Opening Day: 2 crore net
Opening Weekend: 11.50 crores
Lifetime Collections: 20 crores
Overall Box Office Verdict: Above Average

One can see in the promos that Rani Mukerji is trying something different in this film, in terms of character and everything. I'm sure that her performances will receive appreciation. If AIYYAA works out well for her, then she also has another reason to smile: TALAASH is just around the corner!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
will do better than you predict.
Edited by ~Attractive~ - 11 years ago
Vedika211 thumbnail
Depends on the film. If it is a good film and gets positive reviews and word of mouth spreads, it may end up doing well, as Barfi, Oh My God and English Vinglish all seem to have done or are doing.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I hope it does better than you predict. The film looks good from the promos.
Vedika211 thumbnail
Aiyaa's music is great... go Amit Trivedi!
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Soty looks like a shit movie...id go for aiyyaa 
agree with u...but I wanted this movie to be hit...I hope movie turns out good so that its business can grow exponentially.
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I hope it does far better than what you have predicted. Opening may not be good but with good reviews and WOM I expected it to do good business. I don't have any expectation from SOTY, so hopefully it shouldn't affect Aiyyaa.😃
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

srkat dont you feel opening will be better?

i feel it will hit 5 crores at least! aaiya has generated a lot of curiosity among the audiences and it has all the masala, comedy, jhatka matkas and everything going in its favor

i just hope its a hit for rani's sake! 

lets hope the movie has good WOM, that will do the trick! 

Bazzinga thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I hope it get way more than you predicted