TOI: Anarkali Tellyland Chali - Kratika

Posted: 11 years ago

Anarkali tellyland chali! 

Why are Anarkali dresses the latest rage on the small screen AT tries to find out 

Amrita Mulchandani 

Who doesnt like to see a beautiful woman dressed in her best In recent times,a lot of BTown divas have wowed audiences in their traditional onscreen avatar,thanks to the flowing Anarkali dresses that they wore.Needless to say,the trend struck an instant chord with youngsters.Not to be left behind,the small screen has plenty of actors flaunting Anarkali dresses in various shows today.The graceful Indian silhouette (whether you call it Anarkali dresses or kalidar dresses depends on the variations made in the dress),which suits women across all age-groups,has become a big obsession on the small screen too.Its the new must have in the wardrobe for women and our tellylands style divas vouch for it.As actor Aamna Shariff from Hongey Judaa Na Hum puts it,I love wearing Anarkalis.They enhance the beauty of Indian girls and they are very comfortable,elegant and stylish. 
There was a time when the heavy sarees and loud makeup sported by TV stars made it difficult for audiences to connect with them when it came to fashion.But things seem to be changing for the better.Today,one gets to see many actors wearing kurtas with lot of kalis that go right down to their ankles.Designer Aarun Sharrma of Punar Vivaah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara says,Anarkali dresses make a woman look pretty,sensuous and young.We had to change Kratikas look post her marriage.So,during the Mumbai track,we gave her Anarkalis.We went for pastel yet bold shades to make her look young and beautiful. M u g h a l colours like gold,emerald green,deep pink,wine and peacock blue go well w i t h A n a rk a l i s.Actor Krystal Dsouza of Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain says,I love Anarkalis,which are very comfortable and give an Indian touch to the entire look.They are the perfect dress only if they stitched well and give you the perfect fit with good embroidery. 
There are various types of cuts with little flair or with a lot of flair.So,the choice eventually boils down to individual taste.So what then are the main factors considered before designing an Anarkali dress for an actor Sreejita is tall and slim,so we add extra kalis in her dress to make it more flowing and add more volume.We tried lot of outfits on her,but this suits her best.Brocade borders are our trademark.Due to her negative character,we use bold and bright colors, says designer Pallavi Sorte of Uttaran.
However,some feel that Anarkalis,which have existed for long,never really went out of fashion.Kritika Kamra of Kuch Toh Log Kahenge says,Apart from being classy,they are practical and user- friendly.The floor-touching Anarkalis that are in vogue these days are my favourite ethnic wear after sarees. 
Long live the Anarkali,we say!

Sanaya Irani 

Kritika Kamra 

Kratika Sengar 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next].

Thanks for sharing. Kratz did look extremely beautiful in those suits in the Mumbai track. And the shades of colours used just gave her the extra glow! 😳 Love you Kratz! ❤️ Edited by MSN_Vanny - 11 years ago
thanks for sharing
kratika looks beautiful in anarkalis and also in sarees
tfs
kratika looked very beautiful in anarkali dress in mumbai track 
she looks good in sarees too 
 Kratz did look extremely beautiful in those suits in the Mumbai track.
Kratikas costumes were really very good during the Mumbai track loved them
She looks best & beautiful in light colored sarees, dresses didn't attract me much. no offence she has a huge personality. Edited by lavanya92 - 11 years ago
kratika looks beautiful in whatever dresses she wear. but she is looking elegent in the suits than sarees. thanks for sharing
Kratika looks absolutely stunning in Anarkali during Mumbai trip.
She was just fabulous.
thanks for sharing
kratika looks beautiful and gorgeous in anarkalis.
she also looks good in sarees