Priyanka bad performance in krissh-articl

sus143 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES…

Yet, Priyanka Chopra attributes her poor performance in Krrish to personal problems, bad make-up and bad clothes

Subhash K Jha

Priyanka Chopra is slowly coming to terms with the poor response and scathing criticism she has received for Krrish. For the first time Priyanka talks about the pain she went through during the shooting of Krrish. "I'm not making excuses, just because people have criticised me in the film," she says.  "I really went through some terrible times during the shooting of Krrish. My dad fell ill, so it was a very trying time for me. Not that I'm trying to blame my personal circumstance for my bad clothes, bad make-up, whatever, in the film," she says.

Leading ladies are often overshadowed in actor Hrithik Roshan's films. As was Priyanka Chopra in Krrish. Talking about what went wrong she says, "It was my fault. As a professional I have to give a hundred per cent of myself to a film, no matter what trials I may be going through personally. If I seem lackadaisical in the film, I take full responsibility for it. Through this film I've become a lot more conscious about my responsibilities. I know now that I can't take anything for granted."

She tries to cheer herself up by adding, "Let people say what they want to, I won't allow it to affect my pleasure at the success of Krrish. Hrithik is a fantastic actor. Anyone who works with him has to try really hard to be as good as him. I'm learning on the job. I can't tell how much I've learnt from Rakesh and Hrithik Roshan during Krrish."

Her next release will be Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir. "I don't know how the film has shaped up. But I'm very happy with my role and performance," she says. "What thrills me most is the variety of directors I am working with. If Dharmesh is a wonderful director, Nikhil Advani with whom I'm shooting Salaam-e-Ishq at this very moment, is as good. Nikhil is such a caring director. If I need extra time to do my make-up, he waits patiently."

At the moment Priyanka hasn't signed any new film. ""I haven't come across any exciting offers," she says. "Of course, there are plenty of offers coming, but I'm playing it safe. At this moment I can't afford to slip up. I know how hard I've worked to get here."

Priyanka left last night for a show in Antwerp with Kareena Kapoor and Malaika Arora. "No guys. Just us three girls dancing. It'll be fun," she chuckles.

*  It was my fault. As a professional I have to give a hundred per cent of myself to a film, no matter what trials I may be going through personally — Priyanka

source Mumbaimirror

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wildblossom thumbnail
Aww poor Priyanka. She is so sweet, I feel bad for her. Thanks for sharing
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
aww thatz sadd....her acting in krrish was not that bad...she is good..she is a really awesome actress
innocent_gurl thumbnail
priyanka... 🤢 🤢
😆
dazzlingdesi thumbnail
aww poor priyanka....but i bet she did do good in krrish...anywayz thankz for sharin