Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: PuffinHypercity

^the list of katrina is wrong.

You only got 3 of her movies completely right. And that is Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Dhoom 3 and Knight and Day Remake.

Namastey London 2 is NOT happening, Seeta Aur Geeta is NOT happening either.

Raajneeti 2 is happening but NOT with ranbir. And the movie is still in discussion stage.

She has signed something else after knight and day remake, which will be announced soon, it's going to be a very huge huge surprise.

Seeta Aur Geeta is signed and on the list of upcoming movies on Bollywood Hungama (no.1 Bolly site) 

Also the maker G.Sippy has confirmed it. 
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

oh wow seeta aur geeta with akki n abhay sounds fantastic! i hope it happens!

crystii tell us what she signed, im curios to know!!!

Originally posted by: rambo_ka_baap

Seeta Aur Geeta is signed and on the list of upcoming movies on Bollywood Hungama (no.1 Bolly site) 

Also the maker G.Sippy has confirmed it. 

NO this is not true. I know bollywood hungama does that but they do it because of the rumors.

but if you say it's confirmed then post link, as far as I know nothing is planned about seeta aur geeta as of now, talks were on but nothing got fixed.
EvilR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rambo_ka_baap

Bipasha Basu

Aatma - Nawazuddin Siddqui
No Entry Mein Entry - Salman Khan
Raaz 4 - Dino Morea

No Entry 2 and Raaz 4 is only rumors for now. She only got Aatma, Singularity and a small cameo in Race 2 so far. 

Originally posted by: koiza.k

oh wow seeta aur geeta with akki n abhay sounds fantastic! i hope it happens!

crystii tell us what she signed, im curios to know!!!

seeta aut geeta with abhay yes but not with akki he has turned so old. I want someone else perhaps emran hashmi?

Well girly girl she signed something beyond words this last week, I freaked out when I got to know about it through my close source you will freak out too. I want to stay curious like this a little more time ðŸ˜³ After Katrina signed this particular movie I am talking about then a PR of a certain actor started making articles that kat is doing kick and salman's home production ðŸ˜‰ now this is a big hint ðŸ˜³
-koiza- thumbnail
whats singularity? why is she signing crap left right and center even after Raaz 3 
http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/movies/katrina-to-reprise-hema-s-role-in-seeta-and-geeta-remake_106808.htm

Katrina to reprise Hema's role in 'Seeta and Geeta' remake

Last Updated: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 21:10
Comments 0

Katrina to reprise Hema's role in 'Seeta and Geeta' remakeZeenews Bureau

Mumbai: Remake of Bollywood classic 'Seeta aur Geeta' might finally see the light of the day. Right from it's onset, the modern version of this cult was jinxed as the script of the film ran into legal hassles over licensing issues.

However, according to latest reports it has been confirmed that the film is all set to go on floors and it will be made by Sunil Bohra and Viacom 18.

The makers have roped in Katrina Kaif to reprise Hema Malini's role in the film. And insiders reveal that Abhay Deol and Akshay Kumar are being considered for the role of Sanjeev Kumar and Dharmendra respectively.

Considering nothing more than the lead has been finalised and revealed yet, we hope the makers do justice to the remake. And most of it all, the real question is – Will Katrina be able to re-create Hema's magic?

Katrina Kaif grabs her dream role

Published: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 12:29 [IST]
Posted by: Nabanita

Katrina Kaif   | Movies Stills   | Wallpapers   | Hot N Spicy   | Kat Fan Club  

TSB Bank Launches MyBank mybank.tsbbank.co.nz
Bank your way on your iPhone. Download & get started today.

Actress Katrina Kaif is definitely rising very high as a star with certain challenging roles. After signing an offer with the Yash Raj Productions, opposite to Shahrukh Khan, Katrina is currently looking forward to grab her dream role.

Katrina might step into the shoes of dream girl Hema Malini for the remake of the film Seeta Aur Geeta. A leading daily learnt that the film failed to go on floors due to the dispute amongst the Sippys. But now when the fight is over, the movie will go on floors soon.

Actually, the Seeta Aur Geeta remake had run into legal issues after Producer GP Sippy's son Suresh slapped GP Sippy's grandsons, Sascha and Shaan with legal notice, claiming that they had no right to license the Seeta Aur Geeta remake.

Reportedly, the remake will see Akshay Kumar and Abhay Deol playing the respective roles of Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar in the movie.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-02-28/news-interviews/31106901_1_seeta-aur-geeta-sascha-and-shaan-sippys

Katrina Kaif's dream role revived

Mumbai Mirror Feb 28, 2012, 07.14AM IST
Tags:
  • Subhash Ghai|
  • Shaan|
  • Sanjeev Kumar|
  • Katrina Kaif|
  • Dharmendra|
  • Akshay Kumar|
  • Abhay Deol
(Katrina Kaif )

The Sippy family feud is over. Remake of GP Sippy's Seeta Aur Geeta that starred the actress can now go on floors

Katrina Kaif may soon have to take time out of her choc-a-bloc calendar to play Hema Malini's character in Viacom 18 and Sunil Bohra's remake of GP Sippy's 1973 blockbuster Seeta Aur Geeta.Akshay Kumar and Abhay Deol who were to play the roles essayed by Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar in the original will have to follow suit. Mumbai Mirror has learnt that the remake that was stuck due to the Sippy family feud will soon go on floors now that the fight has been resolved.

When we had spoken to Katrina about the Seeta Aur Geeta remake a few days before she left for London to shoot Yash Chopra's next, she had told us, "I don't know what is happening on that film."

"But now, Bohra can definitely go ahead with that film. I have told him that we Sippys are now on the same page. Also, I am meeting Bohra next week," GP Sippy's son Suresh's nephew Sascha told Mumbai Mirror.

"We are also very pleased to announce that our younger cousin Shehzad, Suresh Sippy's son has joined the team," Sascha added.

Suresh's son Shehzad said, "I am very happy that we are moving forward. I'm glad to be working with my cousins Sascha and Shaan. All issues and misunderstandings between us have been resolved. We are withdrawing the case. The process for that has been initiated."

Explaining how they ended the fiasco, Suresh said, "We are one family and we decided to put an end to our personal differences."

The end of the Sippy family feud also paves the way for the conversion of Sholay into 3D. Ketan Mehta's Maya Digital was working upon the version supposed to be presented by Jayantilal Gada of PEN India. Put off by the legal hassles of the Sippy family, Subhash Ghaiwho was supposed to partner Mehta in the project had opted out of it.

Flashback

The Seeta Aur Geeta remake had run into legal hassles over licensing issues. Producer GP Sippy's son Suresh had raised objections against GP Sippy's grandsons, Sascha and Shaan, claiming that they had no right to license the Seeta Aur Geeta remake (February 7, 2011). Sascha had then told us, "The matter is actually in court.

The Delhi High Court has in fact restrained Mr Suresh Sippy from infringing our copyrights in several films, including Seeta Aur Geeta." Suresh had said, "Speak to my lawyers.

The matter is under dispute. It is going to the Mumbai High Court." But on being questioned further, he said, "Why just Bohra, I don't want anybody to remake Seeta Aur Geeta at this point of time since I have not licensed the remake. The rights belong to me."

EvilR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: koiza.k

whats singularity? why is she signing crap left right and center even after Raaz 3 

😆 It's her first Hollywood movie with Josh Hartnett. Should release early next year. 

^That's what I said it was rumored many months ago and discussion happened, but the parties didn't agree so movie got shelved.
-koiza- thumbnail
i hope its true! wuld love to see her in S n G