Uttaran
Uttaran

India-Forums

Rashami back as Tapasya

sweet.tashi Senior Member
sweet.tashi
sweet.tashi

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged

The actress, who quit Uttaran eight months ago not wanting to play an older character, is all set to return. So what has prompted her move? TOI finds out...

You are returning as Tapasya on Colors' Uttaran... 
Yes. Audiences will see me soon on TV as Tapasya.

While quitting the show eight months ago, you said you didn't want to play an older character. How come you agreed now?
I quit the show when it was going through a leap because I didn't want to play mother to a grown-up. I have never played mother on screen before and I wasn't comfortable with the idea, so I opted out. Now, when I was approached, I decided to take it up because I was told that the focus in the show will shift to Iccha and Tapasya.

Was it planned... that at a later date you would make an entry again?
No. When I quit, I was getting married and I really wanted that break. For me, marriage is the beginning of a new life and I wanted to give it all my time.

A few months down the line I was settled and ready to work again. I just did the dance showJhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which was a fantastic experience.

Last year, when you were still doing the serial, you'd also said that the negative on-screen character was affecting you in real life...
More than Rashami, I was living Tapasya's life. Everyone knew me only as Tapasya. It's now after the reality show that people know me as Rashami. About the character affecting my life, yes, I felt that happening at that time. It affected me a bit and I remember getting upset over small things etc. But now it's different. I've had my break and I'm back.

So are we going to see the same Tapasya or will there be positive shades?
You'll have to wait and watch. I can't reveal much right now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

akshirocks

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top