Fan Fictions

Arshi SS: An Unexpected Roommate; Part 9 PG. 129

Carabelli5 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

A Tale of two Unexpected Roomates Who are bound to become Soulmates...

An Unexpected Roommate

"Yes baby I know that you hate waiting'.yes the driver will be there on time" Said Arnav trying to cover his frustration

"I love you ASR and six more hours till we see each other baby" spoke Lavanya in her chirpy voice

"Sure" said Arnav rolling his eyes and tapping his bluetooth to end the call.

Arnav paced over to the large window of his cabin that gave him a perfect bird's eye view of the entire city. Arnav had met Lavanya during his stay at US. She seemed like the perfect match for him. She was smart, educated and most importantly to him a girl of his stature. However, there was something about this relationship that never clicked. This relationship was never an emotional involvement for Arnav, it was merely physical. He liked that Lavanya never questioned his intentions and seemed a girl that was bold and modern.

Aman knocked on the door pulling Arnav out of his reveries.

"Come in Aman'.. Lavanya's flight lands at 5 this evening so be sure to send the driver to pick her up."

Aman: "Sir should I reserve a hotel room for Ms.Gupta?"

"No, tell the driver to drop her at my apartment." Arnav said while once again burying his head in a file

"And no one in the family needs to hear about this and tell the maids to take the night off!" Arnav said giving Aman one hard look.  

Arnav was living in his own condo separate from his family. He needed the space from Nani and Di's constant questioning and concerns. He did not need all this. He wanted them to understand him and his feeling instead of constantly trying to impose their ideologies and values on him.

"Have you gotten your passport and your ticket, and your winter clothes, and your vitamin pills''"

"Bua ji please calm down its only a domestic flight, I am only going to Mumbai not the Amazon jungle. And Ma Will you please stop crying like I am getting married?"  Said Khushi throwing her hand in the air.

"This is the last call for for all passengers travelling on flight KL1230 from  Jammu to Mumbai"

"Look Mom I have to go! Neha is coming to to pick me up and you already know that I am staying at her place for the summer. Please guys don't make this so difficult for me. You all know how important this internship is for me."

"Khushi darlings don't worry about these two I will handle them. You just take care of yourself and give us a call as soon as you reach Mumbai" said Sashi hugging his daughter.

Khushi threw on her jacket and grabbed her bags. "Why is my bag so heavy Bua Ji I told you not to pack the entire house" complained Khushi as she gave her mother and bua ji one last hug and started towards her gate.

Khushi walked out the Mumbai airport and took a deep breath looking at the crowd. She had been hiding her anxiety from her family but now that she was here in this city away from her family and home from the first time. Jammu was her world, the only place she had seen her entire life, but she was now ready to take on Mumbai despite the butterflies running a hurricane in her stomach.

Khushi ran her eyes to find her friend in the crowd but instead she saw a man dressed in a driver's uniform holding a sign that read "Ms. Gupta".

Khushi walked over to the man and spoke

"Excuse me! Are you here to pick me up?"

The man quickly grabbed khushi's luggage

"Let go of my stuff" Shouted Khushi scaring the poor man

"Ms. Gupta please right this way mam I will be dropping you to the apartment"

"Oh! Said Khushi in surprise began dialing Neha's number"

"Hello! Neha Why are you not here to pick me up yourself?"

"Sorry Khushi I sent someone over'. I was just stuck in some work I will talk to later ok bye!" Spoke Neha as she rushed to hang up.

Khushi hesitantly let handed her luggage to the driver and began to follow the driver towards the car.

Khushi was impressed that her friend her accomplished so much in Mumbai that she had people working for her.

She hopped into the back seat of the car and rolled down that window. It was a nice day with a few clouds hovering around. Khushi remained on the edge of her seat seeing the entire city, the building, the commotion and the beaches.  

They finally reached in front of the luxurious building that seems to touch the sky. The car door was opened for her as khushi stepped out and followed the maid that was now down to receive her.

Khushi's eyes shot open as she stepped into the lavish condo. The hall room was beautifully decorated with contemporary and edgy paintings and furniture.

"This here is your room mam" pointed the maid towards the left room down the hall.

Khushi who was still a bit baffled walked towards her room.

She looked around the bedroom and the giant bed that lay in the center on the room. The room was just as well decorated as the rest of the house. Never did once she imagined that Neha was so established in Mumbai. She knew that she worked for a leading fashion designer in Mumbai but had no idea just how much she had made fro herself.

That is when Khushi's phone rang and she saw Neha' name flash on it

"Hello! Khushi I am so sorry I could not come to pick you up! I promise I will be home in a few hours"

"Oh! It's ok Neha I am totally fine you take your time'"

And before Khushi could continue to describe her state of shock the line dropped.

There was a knock on the door and the maid walked in'

"Mam I have made dinner already and we will be going for the night. I will see at breakfast mam" and khushi nodded in confusion as the maid walked out the room.

"Why are these maids leaving?"

However still unable to overcome her shock and too tired from her flight khushi decided to take a shower. She grabbed her nigt clothes from her bag and jumped into the shower. She felt loads better once she stepped out of the bathroom. Khushi began to unpack her bags and she decided to place her "Davi Maiya" on a desk in the corner of the room. She took out her book and all the other tons of things Bua ji had packed in for her.  Once all done unpacking khushi stepped out of the room and walked down to the kitchen.

There was food arranged at the dinner table and khushi ate quite a decent amount and she trickled back to her room. Khushi snuggled into the blanket and before she knew it she fell asleep.

Arnav reached home after finishing his meeting around 1 am. He unlocked the door to his condo and stepped inside to find it quite and empty as always. He already knew that Lavanya had reached home. He walked over the bedroom to find a body sleeping. He gently closed the door and walked over to the bathroom to freshen up. Unaware of the hell that was going to break loose in his life very soon!

INDEXWA!

Part 2 PG. 18

Edited by Carabelli5 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-zozo- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Boo ya baby the possum is back 
Carabelli5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -zozo-

Boo ya baby the possum is back 

good to see you back! 😆
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
holly schmolly.. lavanya is also lavanya gupta.. so the confusion.. LOL.. that is gonna be so much fun.. hehehehehehe... 
FromTheAshes thumbnail
aweaome part loved it
update soon
vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Loved it...it was awesome, cannot wait to see aranv s reaction ...and ready for his world to come alive., superb, thanks for the pm...waiting for the next part!  
.Sandal. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing do do do do continue soon nd do pm me next part.
samia19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice os, thanks for the pm
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Please update soon and PM me.

It was such an awesome one! 
TheDailyRush thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3