Posted: 11 years ago

I'm choosy about the TV shows I do: Mohnish Behl

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Oct 7, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Read More:The Script|Stress|No Doubt|Mohnish Behl
I'm choosy about the TV shows I do: Mohnish Behl
Mohnish Behl
Says Mohnish Behl in a relaxed chat

The October heat of Ahmedabad, which leaves almost every soul parched only acted as a catalyst to actor Mohnish Behl's whirlwind promotional tour to the city as he geared up in full throttle to sign autographs and oblige the flashbulbs with a warm gesture of friendliness. Needless to say, Ahmedabad added another admirer to its long list of actors who make their starry presence felt in the city. This time too, the same sense of deja vu one had, albeit with a twist as Mohnish, who was here on a promotional campaign, commented, "Ahmedabad is very hot! Hasn't it rained here?" 

Each encounter with a star unravels a slice of his life. It's precisely what had happened as we spotted Mohnish's wife Ekta accompanying him on the tour. Well, '18 till I die' seemed to be the actor's (who's 51) inherent nature, as one could see the streaks of a sheer romantic in him. In fact, Ekta often accompanies him to press conferences and on shoots. "Ekta accompanies me when she has time to spare whenever I travel out of Mumbai," says Mohnish. The actor offers his perspective on how to make a relationship work as he says, "It is our nature that connects us. There should be willingness to make a relationship work, only then will a couple manage to do that. No two individuals can be 100% compatible, they have to work towards it," he says with a warm smile.
No stranger to struggles, Mohnish had to work hard to reach where he is today. Post his stint in several big screen projects, the actor now receives creative satisfaction mostly from TV shows where a viewer gets to see him today. However, being selective about a show is what is important, according to Mohnish. "I am very particular about what I do on television. The viewers watch you every day. So, you want them to remember you in a good way. No Doubt, opportunities are aplenty on TV, but it's important to be choosy," he says. The actor rewinds, "My transition from films to TV happened when I did Sanjeevani. TV with its wider reach has also come of age now ' production quality, information, technicalities, everything has got better!" The actor feels he is comfortable doing good roles. "If The Script, characters and screenplay are written well, half the job is done," he says. 
Mohnish feels Savdhan India ' India Fights Back has added another dimension to his life. "When I read the script, I came across many issues that I wasn't even aware about. This show has changed my perspective towards many issues in life. Now, when I spot a stranger at my building's gateway, I tend to question the guard about the person. Even I have started thinking whether my child's safe in her surroundings or not," shares Mohnish.
Watching fiction on TV, the actor says, is a Stress buster. "Fiction shows are entertaining, but at the same time, there are informative shows also for someone looking for more." 
Quiz him whether he's game for reality shows, and he's quick to say, "I don't think I'd do a reality show. There was a time when we used to work without any agreements, but now we have to sign on the dotted line because of the legal issues. The audience, producer and director decide how they want to see me. I don't think it's an actor's call to decide what project he wants to do. But talking about my wish, I would love to have a physique like Salman and dance like Hrithik!" he laughs as he heads to pose for the shutterbugs.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Im-choosy-about-the-TV-shows-I-do-Mohnish-Behl/articleshow/16699173.cms
Edited by ...RamonaG.... - 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing Ramona...😊
TFS Ramona di... :) Mujhe SI mein to utna nehi lagta bt Ahmedabad k 2 pix ko he dekh k laga unka health pehle jaisa nehi hai...U r looking a bit on thinner side...Sir jee please take care of urself... :) & kabhi KOLKATA ko bhi 1 baar apna darshan dijiye... :) Edited by debaleena_tunai - 11 years ago

What a nice interview sir...
Originally posted by debaleena_tunai

TFS Ramona di... :) Mujhe SI mein to utna nehi lagta bt Ahmedabad k 2 pix ko he dekh k laga unka health pehle jaisa nehi hai...U r looking a bit on thinner side...Sir jee please take care of urself... :) & kabhi KOLKATA ko bhi 1 baar apna darshan dijiye... :)

no doubts he looks a shadow of his former self ðŸ˜•
Thanks for sharing Ramona 😊

N agree with Debalena 🤔
Nice interview ..nice picture ...TFS Ramona :)))
thanks for sharing.MB sir will be only18 forever
TFS Ramona...MB is looking frail 
mohnish Rocks ...he is the best !!!