Bigg Boss in trouble over featuring parrot and fish
Minakshi Saini, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, October 06, 2012

Email to Author

First Published: 18:57 IST(6/10/2012)
Last Updated: 00:12 IST(7/10/2012)
sharemore.
Comments Tweet email print

Salman Khan is back on the small screen. And as he returns to host season six of the reality show Bigg Boss (BB, on Colors), he reiterates his promise that this time around, the daily prime time show will be a family-oriented one.
more photos
It's time Radhe, the parrot starts chanting radhe radhe, as he desperately needs divine intervention to stay in the Bigg Boss house this season. The talking Macaw parrot who, as publicised, will stay for 90 days with the inmates of the TV show, may just have to leave even before the show starts

related stories
TV PREMIERE: Salman Khan back with Bigg Boss 6
BIGG BOSS 6: Six Salmans to appear in first episode
CONFIRMED: Gulabi gang leader to participate in Bigg Boss 6
today. Reason? The presence of the bird on the show has not gone down too well with animal rights activists who are threatening to take action.

"Birds and other animals used in films or shows are often treated as nothing more than props, and many suffer terribly. A film/TV show set, with its hectic activity, noise and hot arc lights, is a terrifying and foreign environment for animals. It's sheer cruelty. We urge the show to not use the parrot or any animal because they are not willing entertainers unlike the show's human participants," said Sachin Bangera, manager at PETA India.

Apart from the parrot, the show is also set to have a fish, called O'fish. "We have already complained to the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) about this as well. Fish who are kept confined to bowls and tanks, lead empty and boring lives. In nature, fish would be swimming vast distances freely. Those confined to small tanks are often kept in solitary confinement, and can only swim in endless circles," he adds.

When contacted, a representative from the channel, Colors, said, "We have all the necessary permissions from AWBI." The vice president of AWBI, Dr Chinni Krishna, however, was totally clueless when contacted. "I don't know of any such permission," he says. Most films and TV shows internationally use digital images rather than using real animals during shoots.

Six Salmans for season 6
Host Salman Khan will make a hatke entry on the show. You'll see six Salmans that will be created using milo technology. The actor will be sporting six different looks from his hits such as Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger, Wanted and a French-bearded look that he is sporting for the show. Actor Rani Mukerji will introduce the 'common man' contestant on the show, a new addition to season 6

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bigg Boss in trouble over featuring parrot n fish" in Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Hmm interesting. 6 Salman Khans. LOL

mehreen.

mehreen.

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Not much of an animal lover... so... *shrugs*

canuck-umz

IF-Rockerz

canuck-umz

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Very interesting, I was pretty surprised when they mentioned the animals. Although I like them, I don't have any pets because I don't have the time to take up that responsibility. One of my old room-mates had a puppy but she was never home so I had to take care of him day and night. I feel that the contestants will not be able to look after the animals and will most likely stress the poor things out.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sarasingh86

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by canuck-umz

Very interesting, I was pretty surprised when they mentioned the animals. Although I like them, I don't have any pets because I don't have the time to take up that responsibility. One of my old room-mates had a puppy but she was never home so I had to take care of him day and night. I feel that the contestants will not be able to look after the animals and will most likely stress the poor things out.

I'm pretty sure the CVs have thought of something for that.

MsFoodyTwoShoes

IF-Sizzlerz

MsFoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
I am very fond of pets..more than cntstants im xcitd to see that beautiful macaw...

spartangayle

IF-Dazzler

spartangayle

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Parrots...ok. But Fish ? Confused Many houses have fish tanks

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.