Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

TaaRey OS: Pursuit of Happiness

-silhouette- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

She looked so beautiful, standing there under the garden's gazebo surrounded by flowers as dimly lit fairy lights twinkled above her along with the moonlight, basking her in a golden hue. She looked like an angel, so beautiful, so delicate and oh so enticing. Her head had fallen back exposing the long slender neck, her long lashes lay gently upon her cheek as her hair framed her heart shaped face before gently falling over her back, her rosy lips parted on a sigh. She looked alluring, ethereal in her long sleeved, navy blue, lightweight silk mini dress with a relaxed fit with snapped cuffs. The dress exposed her toned long legs adorned with pale gold stiletto heels. She exuded a seductive, daring appeal in the dress and at that moment to him she had never looked so beautiful.

Soft music drifted through the garden from the house where the party was in full swing, as the wind picked up a gentle pace. She turned to guard herself against the cold wind of the night trying to gather her hair which had flown in all directions. She seemed at peace, undisturbed, maybe because she hadn't noticed my presence. She truly was a stunning woman. I must have made a sound because she had turned and now stood looking at me with those big brown eyes of hers. I walked towards her, all the while looking for a hint of what was going on through that pretty head of hers but her face remained impassive.

"Hi! Why are you out here and not inside?" I asked, as I stood besides her leaning forward on the gazebo's railing. She turned towards the vista I faced and replied solemnly.

"Not in the mood of a party."

We stood there in a strangely comfortable silence. After a while, I plucked my courage to ask her about her break-up with Shivam. She had been betrayed, yet no one had felt the need to ask her about how she was because they had all been busy pointing out that they had told her so.

"How are you doing after the breakup?" I asked casually, looking at the lit garden and so I jerked my head to look at her in surprise at her answer.

"Relieved" she said, giving a shaky laugh.

I didn't know what to think of her answer, it had taken me by surprise and I felt confused while many questions rose in my mind. So many questions, to which I wanted an answer. Was she not happy with him? I guess not I told myself because ever since the breakup she had looked happier than I had ever seen her. But then again she was here alone and pensive. Something was up and I wanted to know what it was. It was then when my conscience rose mocking me. "You my boy have no right to ask her about her personal life." I pushed him back immediately. Right or no I gathered my courage once again and asked the question that had I been waiting impatiently to do so.

"Why did you break-up with him, Taani? I questioned her, hoping against all odds that she would answer me and fearing that she would get offended. I saw a hint of hesitation, as a troubled frown settled on her face. This only acted as a catalyst to my curiosity.

"Ummm we… the same reasons why every couple breaks up I guess. It just didn't work between us." She stuttered, and I knew she wasn't telling me the true reason behind the falling apart.

"Why didn't it work?" I probed further, when she refused to continue. I guess I might have gone too far when she firmly rebuked me.

"Rey! I don't want to talk about it"

This just enforced what I had long suspected, there was something deucedly fishy between Taani and Shivam's relationship but I didn't want to push it. I had been bombarding her with questions when all I wanted to do was look at her forever just as she was then. I wanted to talk to her, to hold her and to have her look at him with love. It wasn't enough, I wanted more but for just tonight I would settle for dance. I turned towards and held out my hand. She looked inquiringly at my hand when I asked her

"May I have this dance?" I was rewarded by a beatific smile as Taani giggled and asked.

"Music?"

I gestured towards the open doors of the house through where stirrings of music wafted through the night towards us. She stared at me, her eyes drawn to mine as her hand lifted to accept mine. I led her to the middle of the gazebo and brought her close to myself. I put my right hand on her hips and gently grasped her right hand in my left as she placed her left hand on my shoulder. We stood close, her face about a foot away from mine as we swayed slowly backwards and forward to the rhythm of the music. I pulled her closer to me and I felt a shiver run through her when my hand expanded on her tiny wait. I was relieved to know that it wasn't only me who felt the sensual tension between us and just as then the atmosphere between us charged up. I felt Taani stiffen up against me as her breath hitched and I realized she was struggling for me to release her from my embrace. I let her go then.

I watched her in silence as she shuffled her way to the other end of the gazebo, trying to put space between us. I felt confused, I didn't know what I had done, was it because we danced and things had taken a different turn when I pulled her further in to me. My subconscious then decided to rear its ugly head and stood there grinning at me. "I told you not to get too close too quickly" it said. Oh crap! Was it because I asked questions about her relationship? Or was it because I overstepped the boundaries during the dance? Did I offend her? I didn't know what I could do to comfort her because something had certainly distraught her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, moving towards her, stopping when I reached her.

"Ahhh… yeah I am fine, it's just …." She said drifting off.

"You don't have to say anything, tell me when you feel you're ready." I said not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable as I gazed down at her.

I saw her looking at me with a peculiar look on her face.  Her cheeks delightfully reddened as blush came over her when she saw me staring intently at her. I raised my brow inquiringly and she suddenly looked down.

"You clean up good" she murmured.

I felt a sense of jubilation at the compliment. I must certainly have a dorky grin glued on my face. What must she think? As an attempt to distract her I pulled out my car keys and dangled them infront of her.

"Come, I'll drive you home since we have no interest of remaining at the party" I said.

Taani's face blossomed into a smile and her eyes lit up at the keys in my hands. I stood there awestruck, so sure that my heart had stopped beating at that moment.  Her eyes then met me and I saw them filled with mischief mingled with happiness. I instantly built a wall around me to deflect her conniving advances. I knew that look, it said she wanted something and I wasn't going to like it.

"I'll let you take me back if you'll let me drive the car" she pleaded her case with the warm, honeyed voice of hers and those big brown eyes. If this went on I won't be able to deny her request. So, I steeled myself against her tactics, there was no way was I going to let her drive my baby, after all everyone knew how horrible female drivers were.

"Unh-unh! No way am I letting you drive my cutely weird!" I said authoritatively gripping my car keys tightly.

"bu – did you say cutely weird? You named your car cutely weird? Who names his car cutely weird? What sort of a name is that?" she fired question after question incredulously.

"I named it after the person I love and don't you say anything bad about my baby. Since you had just insulted her name you won't be driving my baby"

"Please Rey! Please. Please, I promise to be gentle with her" she insisted as she grasped my hands gently between her and squeezed them all the while pleading with her eyes ad husky voice that never failed to drive me over the brink of sanity. "Please Rey, can I drive her? I promise to be careful with your car" she continued. I looked down into her eyes and faced my downfall. I felt as if I was drowning and nothing existed other than me and her.

I felt soft hands push me back, and I saw Taani's laughing face, as she did a little victory dance and jumped up and down. Some of my confusion over behaviour must have shown on my face because she slowly backed away and raised her hand that now held my car keys. I growled at being duped by innocent eyes. I saw her eyes grow wide as she turned and ran into the garden. I stood there watching her laugh out loudly at the thrill of being chased before I gave into her demand and went after her.

"Taani give them back to me" I said every now and then running after her as she eluded my grasping finger again and again. She was such a nimble thing.

She laughed and ran ahead, every now looking over her shoulder towards me. Our laughter, shrieks of happiness merged with the wind and whispered across the expanse of the silent garden. She was quick even with those stilettos on but I was quicker as I ran faster. She had been running ahead when I grabbed her and spanned her narrow waist with my arm, lifting her in the air and twirled her around. Her hands clutched at my shoulder for support, as she let out a surprised shriek. She looked down at me then and as I looked up, our gazes met and a frisson of pleasure, desire, tenderness and happiness we shared sat the there reflected.

Note: If you are not a fan then refrain from commenting. I tried something a little different by writing it from Reys point of view. I hope you guys like it. Enjoy! x

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayesha05 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
yahooo 1st to comment
awsum post dear luv it 'continue it
-PixieDust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
res

unres

first of all il say u have a very good command over ur language..

secondly..it was so pure..it touched my heart..

loved it sweetheart..Edited by Ana_Taarey - 11 years ago
sreelu094 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow fatti awesome os👏.really loved it yaar.😳u and ur os made me smile really big😊😃.
thanks a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot for this os🤗
loved each and every word .
and taani asking rey that he named his car cutely weird🤣too good yaar
.👏very well written👍🏼
u din't ended it up here naa🤔

Edited by sreelu094 - 11 years ago
SanelyInsane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

FATI FATI FATI dear once again u stole my heart and i am totally mesmerised by ur piece of writing👏...this was amazing and as i have always told u u r one of the most beautiful writers that we have on this forum...u really have an excellent vocab and excellent writing skills which add to the perfection of ur masterpiece...i am literally in love with ur os...so subtle, so beautiful, light on heart as a feather,so intense which really made me feel happy from within, my heart literally skipped a beat coz of the aesthetic appeal that ur writing piece has...commendable job

the best part was the whole car sequence...excellent imagination...rey has named his car after his cutely weird taani...awww...and so good to see our bubbly taani back and taarey's chemistry and intensity really stole my heart...just loved it to the core...a big hug to u for this fati🤗 coz u always make me fall short of words😃
Edited by pixi26angel - 11 years ago
XTaaReyVirManX thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
unres

really...really loved ur os sooo much... especially loved the way u potrayed in reyzz pov... amazziin xx mwaah beautiful writin teq xxx 😃 😉 Edited by crazychickasr - 11 years ago
Sweet-bird thumbnail
Sorry😆

The OS is really amazing dear. I have to say you are an amazing writer.

The way you described Taani and Rey is just awesome.

By the way I wanna see a scene like this in D3😳

And Rey❤️..I love him damn it😆

Waiting for another os from you😳
Edited by Sweet-bird - 11 years ago
desigirl_VD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
loved that you wrote it from rey's pov! it made it extremely interesting! 
aww sooo cute!! love how rey's feelings kept showing gosh it was too cute from rey's pov
the title is so adorable too
just a side note have u seen the movie pursuit of happiness with will smith??

thanks fatz for such an amazing os on such a taareyless weekend
...Natasha... thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fatz this was captivating, super duper awesome u never fail to amazed me with your writing skills and imagination. U really should think of writing a novel it will be on the best sellers list. I love it sooo much. Rey trying to be a perfect gentleman that was hilarious 😆and cutely weird Taani uff too good. Oh and I love the titleEdited by Natasha. - 11 years ago
raj-guria-kriti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
fatzy fatzy my cutie doc yaar ur OS made my day 🤗... vry well wrttn!!!! 👏  omg rey's pov!!! 
loved it.. 🤗..  bolo main kya aise ho OS SS queen bolti hoon??? 😳
awesome job!!!! hats off!!!! 🤗  plzzz yaar update soon!!!! 🤗