Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

Sweet_Ashum

Goldie

Sweet_Ashum

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged

This idea struck me while I was returning back home from college. Also I remembered a line I had read in Chicken Soup for Parent's Soul long time which I incorporated in this.[marked with *]

Sorry if I ruin your weekend with this but, I had to write this down.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"It shouldnt be a girl." He said.

"How can you..."

"It shouldnt be a girl." He said with an emotion nobody could decipher except her.

She knew. She understood. But she was helpless.

He briefly glanced at the bulging stomach studiously avoiding her gaze and rushed out.

She knew it was very hard for him. But it was hard for her too. She too was an equal in the pain that had been inflicted n injured him so deep.

She could no longer keep her tears in check. They flowed. Along with her, her husband too cried.

"How can he say that? Is he out of his mind? Doesnt he know children's are God's gifts? How can he..."

"I'm sorry bhabhi for whatever he said." Her sister-in-law apologized fervently.

She tried to reassure her. But she couldnt as she wanted to comfort her husband, who she knew, must be berating n hurting himself for having said that.

No words came out. Instead it opened a floodgate of memories.

*Flashback*

"Hamari beti hui thi na? Batao na, tumne dekha tha na? Hamari beti hui thi na?" [It was a girl right? You had seen her right, tell me..I had a daughter right?]

He couldnt answer his di.

What would he answer her?

How could he answer her n break her, shatter he into pieces yet again?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"I'm very sorry. But we couldnt save the baby. The placenta had detached and the baby couldnt hold it. I'm really sorry."

He fell on his knees n his world crumbled. What kind of a father was he? He couldnt save his own baby? Everyone, his wife most of all always trusted him to make things right.

He could no nothing here to make things right.

What would he say to her?

How would he face his child when they bring it to him.

He had always secretly wanted a daughter. He would talk silently, discreetly n late at night to the bulging stomach that nestled his bundle of joy every night since he had come to know of its existence.

How could he face it?

What if it was a girl?

He had promised his joy he would protect her.

He had failed.

All his worst dreams came true when he was taken to his stillborn daughter.

He had broken down. He couldnt bear looking at her knowing she wouldnt open her eyes. Knowing she wouldnt breathe.

*Flashback ends*

Since that day she had seen her husband change diametrically. And he had been on an edge ever since they found out that they were pregnant again.

He had managed to stay strong for his di during her miscarriage, he had tried to hold on to his sanity after he lost his daughter but she knew he wouldnt be able to stand another.

He would always, dutifully accompany her to the doctor's ,but he could never look into the screen to see the sonography.

She never forced him either.

She only prayed everything would be alright.

She caressed her stomach n suddenly she felt it.

"Arnavjiii!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He rushed to the hospital as soon as he got the call from his brother that they were taking his wife to the hospital.

Dear God.

If anything, anything happened wrong he wasnt sure he would be able to live.

"Khushi!"

He lunged forward just as they were about to wheel her in the labour room.

She weakly smiled at him through her pain.

His heart flipped at that.

She clutched his arm n he supported her.

"Its a normal delivery. Would you like to stand n witness your bundle of joys arrival?" The doctor asked cheerily.

He only nodded.

"Alright then. Everything check? Sister?"

"Yes doctor. Everything good."

"Alright then. Ready Mrs. Raizada?"

He kept patting her hair n squeezing her arm until the doctor said

"Yes. Here's your son."

*He didnt breathe until his son took one of his own.

She smiled and gestured him to take the baby.

He, for the first time in his life was numb. He didnt know what to do. With unsure hands he took his newborn in his arms and tried to shush him as he cried taking the first breathe of world. He felt pure bliss.

"Alright then, ready for the second?"

"Hunh?"

"They are twins sir. You didnt know?" he doctor asked smiling.

He looked at his wife. She was trying to concentrate on what the doctor was saying. He wasnt filled in with that.

The nurse took the baby for cleansing while the new mother concentrated on bringing her second born in the world.

"There! Your princess sir."

He froze. Princess. Daughter. Girl.

He looked at the doctor who was patting the baby and she cried.

He kept looking at her for a long time before his legs automatically took him to his daughter n tried shushing her.

He held her and tried to control his own tears which had threatened to flow during the birth of his son but now flowed freely.

The nurse took the baby for cleansing while the other brought their son to them. He wasnt ready to let go off his daughter n relented only when the nurse assured him she would cleanse the baby infront of him in the room.

His wife had been observing him from a long time.

When she held her son n her husband their daughter she saw the first genuine smile on his face after a long time.

He smiled. So did she.

His kids were safe. Alive. Breathing. In his arms.

"What name have you thought for the him?" He asked.

"Ashar."

"What did you think for her?"

"Asmara."

She chuckled lightly.

"Two more ASRs in my life. I'm loooving it." She tried saying it in the McDonald's style.

He too chuckled.

Their family was finally complete.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How was it? Comments/criticism welcome.

My Index

Ashum.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY UPDATES TO OTHER SITES, THIS UPDATE IS MEANT EXCLUSIVELY FOR INDIA FORUMS MEMBERS

Edited by Sweet_Ashum - 13 October 2012 at 9:06am

The following 173 member(s) liked the above post:

JANNAVShini.Shiva86Kavita1970PoorvaArorambobby2011shermysushmithahhqvthepelicanbestfrndz4everkriish1698priyadbarpadmashinilovebadhanouroushaInLwithBarunsaru16ananya17locaAshnee6akashafalimansin129Bella023tracy1191.jalvvinililbirdiemanisfizza25svmiammusekashforlifexgurtiliciousDevilwaysjshreya16malosezoyadarkrosepiyushisoophiemz.brarAtyayCuriousmindkria1996tinkerbelchahat128KhuarvArchu61indiavizionDiaphanousAce11AnuLovesBarunArshiluvu27lav.0301lovebarun...tmowlaEmpressSarayutitanichomelesshiraariftokyoRimo22WaterIce_Diamond_flufflesarshifan91Lovely_Bajwa_reshmimohanheavenspiritManisha.srija.singh04...Penknife...Avi64barfidididumbpriyankaaavantika_2012-Siaa-Apples94arnavbarunak_maggipoojaloveskajencrackerszonerina25starzyashavikadesigirlixrayjaswargikoinahiice _girlholic_fanrtjkscutiepreetCutee999HopesmanpinksssanaroxxsuwinfareeAparameghadeeps_92ongongongdevishree-Rimsha-sizzlessmiley-shineywonderblakeJaan_Arshiipkknd-fannazibahmayabegumsun_shine_girlsanny-beautiful..MorningStar..AbiLuvsArshiAmanda.LimclaireDDbhadraprasadIronButterflyvarsha2KDvandana1965kbtrTitaliya_APvfordonkeydaisydee425bewakoofLadkikritashchandana.sameena671fffan123Jyo.Krishnaluv94rupzloveumeettunewmoon2011Hot.Pink.Heelsbhaktiiifarheen75SmileyStarsammy4uPrasanthidebby_11ashred12rechupkvarshabasket_101flowers4ufreya123drunkiiebabeapplesauce.KaSh-Maneet-Fanladdoo598komalsirwani-MeraBarun-swetha10MrDarcyfanTishanaajoopLyssaPie.x-bumblebee-x.pakpearl..Sofia..Riima_AzraaSobtiFanShreekutsrajnid68thulasi_arshitash10Arshi.Sugi.IPK-SweetJasmine-chavvi16dumasIsleOfCapriSunshine Girl-AviatoR-mishti_17

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: Not a girl" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

holic_fan

Goldie

holic_fan

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Beautiful !! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_Ashum

debby_11

IF-Rockerz

debby_11

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Cute and beautifulTongue

Sweet_Ashum

pakpearl

IF-Sizzlerz

pakpearl

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Munazza,we simply can't get over our craze 4 Asher n Asmara Embarrassed...thanx 2 our Fari Tongue...my studious baby,u gave such a pleasant surprise Big smile...i love u n fari n u know that !!!!

Edited by pakpearl - 06 October 2012 at 11:50am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_AshumSmileyStar

dumas

IF-Stunnerz

dumas

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged
ok you don't hear this often but that brought tears to my eyes beautiful very emotional awesome well done thanks for the pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kavita1970Sweet_AshumMrDarcyfan

N.Mussarrat

IF-Dazzler

N.Mussarrat

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged

Sweet_Ashum

tash10

IF-Stunnerz

tash10

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged
jauhdjahknhj

-edited-

Ashum Hug Is that really you?Wink Did you really manage to escape from your Zaalim Duniya?ROFL

I missed you so much Unhappy Glad to have you back, though I know you are not back, but still you are here for some time LOL

How dare you say sorry if you ruined our weekend?D'ohAshum, I think I need to knock in some sense in your mind!!LOL Your PM made my Saturday night and my whole weekend as well!!Big smile Seriously!! I logged in and find your PM, and thought you were announcing something!! When I saw you had written an OS, I frantically rushed to reserve a spot!!LOL That's why I typed nonsense to reserve!! OMG you are writing after ages, and I literally mean it!!Hug And I am on the first page Party

You wrote something sad!!Cry Why o why? Since when did you intend to make me cry? But you are forgiven since it ended on a happy note!!Embarrassed

It was so beautifully emotional Heart The way you described Arnav's reluctance at having a daughter was so greatly put!! For him to say such a thing, something big must have happened!! And the use of flashbacks to explain his pain at having experienced his Di's miscarriage and their own daughter's death was so heart-wrenching Cry

And finally the best moment!! Khushi putting birth to twins!! Aww Day Dreaming I could just picturise this scene!! Arnav feeling all teary at seeing his son and daughter...forgetting everything and moving on for the new treasures of his life!! Picture Perfect!! Heart And the cherry on the cake ... Ashar and Asmara!! Our bundles of Joy!!

I loved it to bits!! And I love you even more Hug

PS: FARI, I AM ON THE FIRST PAGE Tongue

Edited by tash10 - 06 October 2012 at 12:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet_AshumSmileyStarRiima_Azraa

Sweet_Ashum

Goldie

Sweet_Ashum

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by N.Mussarrat

I loved it! 

Please read this!