Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veenisha thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I will do a better job than Shah Rukh Khan: Imam

I will do a better job than Shah Rukh Khan: Imam
Imam Siddique
Imam is on a professional high these days. Hardly a week after exiting Bigg Boss, he has been roped in to be a part of Nautanki, a broadway style of comedy-play format, which will air from February 2 on Colors. Excerpts from a chat:

What made you take up Nautanki?
I was thrilled and excited when I got this offer, because I am beyond comedy. I am hilariously funny.

Do you also plan to pull the legs of the guests who would be coming in for the show?
I will not only pull their legs, but also their hair pieces off. I hope Amitabh Bachchan never shows up, else I might even pull his toupee off.

Do you think taking up Big Boss was a good move from your side?
It was the best move of my career. The love, encouragement and support that I got from the people was phenomenal. Masses have loved me and redefined the term celebrity. After seeing me, many told me that I personify Utsah and Umang.

How has life been after Bigg Boss?
I have been getting so many offers that I cant tell you. People are paying me '5 lakh just to make an appearance in weddings. The royal family of Saudi Arabia has called me and my family for Haj and Umrah. I believe in the saying paisa phenk tamasha dekh. I am a kiraye ka tatttoo. I will come for a wedding, charge lesser than Shah Rukh Khan for a dance and do a better job than him. He is a non-dancer while I am a dancer. In the next two years, I promise to make more money than any Indian celebrity did in the five years.

Sapna Bhavnani told us that she was so impressed with you that she wanted to tattoo your name on the back of her neck...
Sorry Sapna, I don't like backhanded compliments. I wouldn't like to be on her or anyone's back. I like to be in the front. It would be good if she tattoos my name across her bust. That would be quite graphic.

And Rajev said he would never like to see your face again...
I hope for his safety that he stays away from me. It's better to be safe than to be sorry. It is not a threat, but a request. Ms Paulpachino, time out!
veenisha thumbnail

Imam's spat with Salman to be spoofed on Nautanki

Imam's spat with Salman to be spoofed on Nautanki
Imam Siddiqui

Imam Siddique, who became a sensation after Bigg Boss 6, is back with a bang. He is all set to tickle the funny bone of the audience as part of Nautanki, a broadway style of comedy-play format on Colors'.

The show — which will also see Tusshar Kapoor and Neha Dhupia in their comical avatars — will have an eclectic mix of hilarious stories. Every episode will see the five principal characters present a story. Rashmi Desai, Kamya Panjabi and child comedian Saloni Daini have been finalized for the series. Each episode will also have a guest character trapped in various situations.

Ask Imam about his role and he says, "If I reveal everything here, it will be a damp squid. Let me be a drama queen that I am and keep people guessing about my role. I want to retain my exclusivity, so I will be only seen in cameos on the show from time to time. I have already started shooting for it."

Sources tell us that one of the episodes will see Gabbar kidnapping Imam from the Bigg Boss House and how Bigg Boss pleads with the kidnappers — who call him from ransom — to not release Imam. Buzz is that the infamous spat between Imam and Bigg Boss host, Salman Khan, will also be spoofed.
veenisha thumbnail
I feel nonfiction shows are what I would love to do and enjoy thoroughly, says Niketan Madhok!

Supermodel Niketan Madhok absolutely has no time to breathe since the day he left Bigg Boss house. After visiting Shirdi with his parents and attending press conferences, he is all decked up with media activities, catching up with friends he's running on a tight schedule.

The hunk, who was chosen as the 4th finalist of BB6 has no qualms about not winning but considers reaching top five in itself a big achievement. Speaking over the result of the show, he said, "At the end it was viewer's choice which I don't want to overrule. Reaching the finale in itself is a big thing and then winning or losing does not really matter. Having said that I would also like to add that the order of votes kept changing every minute. Had they stopped the voting say after or before half an hour I am sure the order would have changed. But I think getting into the finals makes a huge difference".

Sharing his experience in the house, he added, "Well all the 99 days in the house I had fun moments. Initially people were breaking down a lot so I tried my best to be there for them and make everyone happy. I never got into any kind of fight that would make me or others uncomfortable".

Upon his equation with Mink Brar in the house, he said, "Mink was the first new face to arrive in the house after the first lot. So everyone was curious and wanted to know how they were being projected outside. Everyone wanted information from her. But, I never went up to her to ask any of this and after two days she came to me and said that 'you know everyone's been coming to me to ask about them but you are the only one who did not'. I told her that these things don't really matter to me. And this is the point where we started talking. Mink could not blend in with most of the inmates so we started hanging out and spending more time together. I feel Mink is a very straight forward and strong person and it's really fun to be with her".

Speaking of his future plans, he added, "I am happy doing fashion shows and if something interesting comes my way I would not mind joining small screen. However, I feel nonfiction and intellectual shows are what I would love to do and enjoy thoroughly".

Wish you good luck!
veenisha thumbnail
Why Delnaaz Irani gave Bigg Boss after party a miss?

Earlier it was reported that Sana Khan had consciously stayed away from once upon a time good friend Vishal Karwal in Bigg Boss season 6 post show party thrown by channel Colors.

And the latest updates about the party state that while everyone from the season was present for the bash, Delnaaz Irani was missing from action. Sources say that Delnaaz wasn't really interested in the party after being eliminated in the finale week. Though she shot for the finale episode but did not wish to shake a leg post the event.

On being contacted, Delnaaz said, "Yes I did give a miss as I was very tired." Meanwhile, her good friend Aashka Goradia stated, "Both of us attended the party. We met people and shook hands with them but yes, we did leave earlier than others."

Hmmm…some wounds certainly remain unhealed!
veenisha thumbnail
I would love to anchor or host shows, says Rajev Paul!

Rajev Paul is certainly going to be one name to be remembered for long along with Bigg Boss Season 6. A lot was spoken and written about him during his stay in the controversial house.

Recently, he shared his thoughts about various aspects and his long stay in Bigg Boss 6. Firstly admitting that he bagged quite attention, he said, "Yes, I have received strong reactions, both good and bad, from everybody. All this shows that I was noticed."

On her supposed link up with Sana Khan, he said, "Sana is a friend and I have maintained that. I am not ashamed of her neither she is of me. I think viewers outside noticed this and that is why in spite of being nominated seven times, I was saved by them. In fact, even after Delnaaz Irani's (ex-wife) family members had nominated me, I was saved. But in spite of all that, my behavior towards Delnaaz did not change and I stayed the way I was."

Sharing his thoughts upon the things which happened between him and Delnaaz in the house, he said, "We had moved on before Delnaaz's brother Bakhtiyaar Irani's entry in the house. In fact, before Bigg Boss, Delnaaz and I had not been talking but then we got cordial with each other in the show. But then Bakhtiyaar said things that he shouldn't have; for I never spoke anything against Delnaaz. As a matter of fact, I stood by everything she did."

Upon being quizzed if still has feelings for Delnaaz, he said, "I will always be thankful to this show, for in spite of our divorce there wasn't a closure in my life. But it was only in this house that I realized that we are not meant to be together. I still respect her and will be there for her whenever she needs me".

Talking of his future plans, he shared, "I have been getting a lot of show offers and I am really happy about it. So, I'd be travelling a lot plus I am looking forward to releasing my book in London and Dubai so, I'd be busy with that again. But ideally I would love to anchor or host shows".

Wish you good luck Rajev!