Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode Discussion: 5th Oct 2012 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

PreetD

PreetD

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shridevigaddam

Originally posted by Foucaults-qalam

Doves,

Thanks. Just watched the episode. Agree it was so OTTUnhappy   Khair jaane do.
I agree word to word with what you wrote so won't repeat myself. Embarrassed
Just one thing, the revelation, a little peep into Madhu's history was such an awaited drama for me, I had imagined that it would happen in a special track. Instead it was not even a full minute dialogue !Unhappy And RK, the sensitive person that he is, doesn't much show a facial expression change, although the fact that he registered was seen. Sigh!!!! Disapprove
Come to think of it, if they are gonna grind everyday about RK's loss of childhood, death of his father, then pretty much, there is no hope left for the show Dead Dead

But SD,
If the writer's have half a brain, they will pitch it that this is not news to RK. When he decided to go all revenge-fu on Madhu, he had found out EVERYTHING about her. He would probably have known the big story re psycho dad of death. So he wasn't surprised.

The revelation is not the big development. The fact that Madhu CHOSE to reveal it to him , is.

@ bold.
Yes FQ. Agree there. I did not care to word it properly, but the drama of Madhu revealing in this manner, in a comparative way, with those eyes, I always imagined it in my mind that it would happen in a context quite different from today. Fine if she said it here today, she(as in the dialogue writer) could have made her emphasizing her argument through questioning RK, if she too like have lost all faith ? As in repeat the same thing but in a different tone. It drives hard. Its not RK whom I am concerned about. Its about the AUDIENCE, the Viewer mind that I am concerned about here. It needed to be hammered in public memory with certain level of heightened emotion concentrating on her part of story and why she will not sympathize with him. It would have made me happy then.

I found it interesting that she CHOSE to reveal this to him at this moment.  I would have preferred it be in some other context, I would have preferred it to be just the two of them perhaps.  

FQ I doubt very much that they're going to play this out as RK knowing about this little tidbit, but who knows they might surprise us yet.  Maybe it was meeting her father in the jail cell that kind of tipped him off to something.  That would make that little scene a little bit more relevant.  

SD, I was a little saddened by her bringing up her father and the history there.  I'm going to borrow a bit that FQ wrote in her FQNama for this episode:
Madhu reveals her own life story. Everybody is aghast. FQ may have teared up a little bit. And then what do the Wriiters do? In the worst bit of writing in the history of the world, and I am including the Houseful scripts in the reckoning, they end not on the pathos of that, but on the screwed up bit of paper M is carrying aound tied in her pallu. Just slay me now. No mockery can be mocking enough.
That is exactly how I felt when I watched that.. I was a little disappointed.  That's how she's going to reveal it, it was a bit of a throwaway comment to be followed up by more revelations about the oh so compelling kabob storyline that we've been waiting to be continuted with baited breath.  It was the most frustrating thing so I decided to concentrate on the fact that now RK had another piece to his Madhu puzzle that he could tuck away and bring out again when the time was right.  I really hope they revisit this because I feel like a door was propped open with that line.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DovesViewFoucaults-qalamapplenpeaches0-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Episode Discussion: 5th Oct 2012 (Page 4)" in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

PreetD

PreetD

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by PreetD

Excellent, PreetD. I just think that to expect a logical process by which conflicted Rk becomes a bhakt RK is to expect miracles. don't think the writers have it in them. It'll probably be a plot canyon. They like those!

I completely agree with you here.. I don't expect much logic these days. I've just decided to run with what they throw at me.  It is best not to question too much cause then you just wonder what you're doing watching this show in the first place. 

True. I watch ii so I can mock it in FQnama. So much fun.

And oh, RK. Whom I can strip nekkid in my stories. I make my own fun!

Honestly I think I've become immune to plot canyons and lack of logic on soaps.  I've watched Days of Our Lives since I was a kid and if you were to sit and talk about all the plot holes left and right on that show you'd be sitting down for a while.  I mean they killed off one of their characters, even made a big production of donating his organs and then lo and behold the man is back among the living again.  

I'm glad you do watch so I can read the FQNama, it really makes my day sometimes.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DovesViewFoucaults-qalamapplenpeaches0-SD-0

PreetD

PreetD

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged
@SD Life has just been busy and I've been exhausted all week it seems.  I'm glad the weekend is here to recuperate. I missed participating in some of the dicussions here, especially the daily ones.  Although with the focus being on kababs and kitchen politics (a new term I learned this week) I wasn't feeling the show all that much. There were small moments I loved but much of it had me wanting to throw my hands up in frustration so I would promptly forget what I had just seen. I hope you like the FF, it's kind of getting away from me if I'm honest.  It was supposed to be something totally different, I'm hoping I can bring it around again.  Sometimes the muse goes where the muse goes and you must let it.  lol

Your take on the bedroom scene is exactly why I love them so much.  They are definitely comfortable with each other.  One of my favourite parts from this week (although the scene made me laugh in its obvious clunkiness) was when he turns the light off in the room and remembers she's afraid of the dark.  He says sorry and then in the next line he tells her to come back to bed as if ordering her gruffly.  That slight change in tone from the sorry to feeling uncomfortable and then getting back behind his mas was quite well done in my opinion.  But now I'm getting off topic.  To get back on topic, I completely agree with your take on the bedroom scenes.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited by PreetD - 06 October 2012 at 1:34am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DovesViewapplenpeaches0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PreetD

[QUOTE=shridevigaddam]

Doves,

Thanks. Just watched the episode. Agree it was so OTTUnhappy   Khair jaane do.
I agree word to word with what you wrote so won't repeat myself. Embarrassed
Just one thing, the revelation, a little peep into Madhu's history was such an awaited drama for me, I had imagined that it would happen in a special track. Instead it was not even a full minute dialogue !Unhappy And RK, the sensitive person that he is, doesn't much show a facial expression change, although the fact that he registered was seen. Sigh!!!! Disapprove
Come to think of it, if they are gonna grind everyday about RK's loss of childhood, death of his father, then pretty much, there is no hope left for the show Dead Dead

But SD,
If the writer's have half a brain, they will pitch it that this is not news to RK. When he decided to go all revenge-fu on Madhu, he had found out EVERYTHING about her. He would probably have known the big story re psycho dad of death. So he wasn't surprised.

The revelation is not the big development. The fact that Madhu CHOSE to reveal it to him , is.

@ bold.
Yes FQ. Agree there. I did not care to word it properly, but the drama of Madhu revealing in this manner, in a comparative way, with those eyes, I always imagined it in my mind that it would happen in a context quite different from today. Fine if she said it here today, she(as in the dialogue writer) could have made her emphasizing her argument through questioning RK, if she too like have lost all faith ? As in repeat the same thing but in a different tone. It drives hard. Its not RK whom I am concerned about. Its about the AUDIENCE, the Viewer mind that I am concerned about here. It needed to be hammered in public memory with certain level of heightened emotion concentrating on her part of story and why she will not sympathize with him. It would have made me happy then.

I found it interesting that she CHOSE to reveal this to him at this moment.  I would have preferred it be in some other context, I would have preferred it to be just the two of them perhaps.  

FQ I doubt very much that they're going to play this out as RK knowing about this little tidbit, but who knows they might surprise us yet.  Maybe it was meeting her father in the jail cell that kind of tipped him off to something.  That would make that little scene a little bit more relevant.  

SD, I was a little saddened by her bringing up her father and the history there.  I'm going to borrow a bit that FQ wrote in her FQNama for this episode:
Madhu reveals her own life story. Everybody is aghast. FQ may have teared up a little bit. And then what do the Wriiters do? In the worst bit of writing in the history of the world, and I am including the Houseful scripts in the reckoning, they end not on the pathos of that, but on the screwed up bit of paper M is carrying aound tied in her pallu. Just slay me now. No mockery can be mocking enough.
That is exactly how I felt when I watched that.. I was a little disappointed.  That's how she's going to reveal it, it was a bit of a throwaway comment to be followed up by more revelations about the oh so compelling kabob storyline that we've been waiting to be continuted with baited breath.  It was the most frustrating thing so I decided to concentrate on the fact that now RK had another piece to his Madhu puzzle that he could tuck away and bring out again when the time was right.  I really hope they revisit this because I feel like a door was propped open with that line.
[/QUOTE]

Preet,

See FQ herself said it what I was feeling. That is what I exactly felt.  How demeaning. It was me the AUDIENCE cringing. I needed to hear Madhu painful saga in response to; like what 8 minutes of RK harangue. But what do I get to hear?  Its like the crpytic message from World War II sent messages...the important is buried underneath the rubbish.

FQ, why didn't u tell me you felt the same. Okay i get it. I have to read it. Okay going there to read FQnama. Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DovesViewFoucaults-qalamapplenpeaches

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Null Hypothesis beginning of this week: 
Kabab cannot be greater than anybody and is just a perishable commodity to be consumed in two seconds.

Alternative Hypothesis by the end of the week:
It is NOT a perishable commodity. It lives in the perpetual imagination of the guttermind. It refuses to die when it dies. It manages to live even on a piece of a paper. It is the SUPERHERO of the week, beating Superstar RK and Superwoman Madhubala and it triumphantly had "gaadofy its Jhanda" by the end of the epiosode. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Foucaults-qalamapplenpeaches

thala

IF-Stunnerz

thala

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged
nice episode

applenpeaches

IF-Dazzler

applenpeaches

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged

Read all your posts...

@ Sima: I agree with Preet and SD.. There WERE pillows.. So that answers your question of my happiness.

@all: I know I will sound like a broken record if I say this- I hate this track. I dont like seeing religious tracks in serials bcos I find it v. difficult to identify with whats shown onscreen. It is too much for me to digest and clashes with my personal beliefs. So I just forward those tracks. Thats what I have been doing the past few days. Same thing happened yesterday. So dont want to comment on the RK-Bappa confrontation. I felt it was OTT (thats putting it mildly). Watched only the bedroom scene- the only saving grace in yesterday's episode.. As for Madhu taking about her father- I am disappointed. Couldn't they have left it for some other time? All together yesterday's episode was a big let down.. Thumbs Down

Edited by applenpeaches - 06 October 2012 at 10:25am

applenpeaches

IF-Dazzler

applenpeaches

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Null Hypothesis beginning of this week: 
Kabab cannot be greater than anybody and is just a perishable commodity to be consumed in two seconds.

Alternative Hypothesis by the end of the week:
It is NOT a perishable commodity. It lives in the perpetual imagination of the guttermind. It refuses to die when it dies. It manages to live even on a piece of a paper. It is the SUPERHERO of the week, beating Superstar RK and Superwoman Madhubala and it triumphantly had "gaadofy its Jhanda" by the end of the epiosode. 

SD, I agree... 

@ bold: Did you read it FQ, B and Syl?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.