Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

did India move away from Gandhism? (Page 14)

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 February 2008
Posts: 11596

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 5:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Joined: 01 April 2009
Posts: 5426

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

"The debate has ended from my side. There is no need to reignite the issue."

I thought you "ended" the debate thrice before...but end seems to take a whole new meaning here. LOL

If one wishes to end a debate from their side, then that's their wish. You can request members to not quote your posts once you are done with the debate, but other members need not oblige to that request. It's you who's done with the debate, it's you who's made decision of not posting again - not them. If they need to make a point, they will quote you. If one has enough self-restrain in themselves then they can (I'd hope) stay away from a discussion. If they can't, then that's not the other members' fault.

To be fair, I am guilty of this too. I "end" a debate and then can't control myself from responding to "one more post" (especially when someone quotes me). However, that's my problem, not theirs. They are under no obligation to not quote me. If I have ended a discussion, then it's my duty to to make sure I stay by my words.
 
 
1- For the benefit of everyone can you please let everyone know where I thrice ended the debate? I believe I only said once that "it is the end from my side". Earlier I believe I requested once to lets end it. lol.
 
2- Yes I came back after that and it was to answer some doubts raised on my apology by Tannipartner. Perhaps that is a debate in your definition.
 
3- It is not about self restraint. It is about mannerisms. I do not want another member to think wrong about my apology.  I did that without continuing the debate.
 
4- I know it is my problem and therefore I added "please"
 
Now I will appreciate if you contribute to this debate rather than coming out of the blue to intervene and pick on other members. Those involved can speak for themselves.
 
Let me recap your contribution to this debate
 
POST 1
 
"'Tearing apart' or 'torn apart' is indeed figurative, and the said member didn't say that he would do it himself or will have a group ready to do that to King-Anu. It was not a threat, more like a practical assumption about what would realistically happen.

If one is willing to start a debate, I believe the person should continue it to the best of his knowledge. No point in starting a chain of conversation to just end it abruptly midways, especially without refuting the opponent's points."
 
POST 2
 
"I don't know why you are misconstruing her post. She said such sentences are ungracious and obnoxious.
You are debating/discussing on a public platform. If you wish to keep this issue between just the two of you and not want others to butt in, then the private messenger might be the better option."
 
POST 3
 
"Edit - Posted blah blah corner's msg here"
 
POST 4

See above. lol.

Now let me tell you that. I ain't Mahatma Gandhi. lol.
 
Response to Edit:
 
That paragraph had the apology then I made a light hearted friendly comment to show the member that its all fun now. This is how other talk also. We tend to end on lighter note. It is nothing different that I am doing. You can find similar examples here
 
 
@PublicParty...somehow I had the feeling that use of Ghalib poetry was not appropriate here. lol. anyway i didnt get your point.


Edited by King-Anu - 22 October 2012 at 7:41am
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 February 2008
Posts: 11596

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 21522

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged

POH, in my opinion we are beating a dead horse at this time. We have raised all the relevant points with King Anu, and the only place we can go from now on is circles. It may be better for all if we drop it and move on to the topic or something else that would be fruitful. Smile


Souro did ask us to stay on topic. Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateBeyond_the_Veil

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Joined: 12 February 2008
Posts: 11596

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 7:58am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Joined: 01 April 2009
Posts: 5426

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by King-Anu

1- For the benefit of everyone can you please let everyone know where I thrice ended the debate? I believe I only said once that "it is the end from my side". Earlier I believe I requested once to lets end it. lol.
 
2- Yes I came back after that and it was to answer some doubts raised on my apology by Tannipartner. Perhaps that is a debate in your definition.
 
3- It is not about self restraint. It is about mannerisms. I do not want another member to think wrong about my apology.  I did that without continuing the debate.
 
4- I know it is my problem and therefore I added "please"
 


1. You said "Anyway lets end it." to RTH (source). Later you again said "This is the end from my side." (source). And then - "Now please lets really move on." (source). You also have responded to public party and RTH instead of ending it. If that's how you end a discussion, be my guest.
Also, since there is a 'lol' at the end, should I have taken your no. 1 point as a joke and not respond to it?
 
a- Lets is used as a suggestion. It is conditional and not definitive. It is the end from my side, on the other hand, is definitive.
b- I broke that commitment once and that was to clarify the insincerity issue. By doing that I continued the discsussion and not the debate. For example RTH made some comments about me accepting factual inaccuracies which I ignored because I did not want to continue the debate.
c- After my clarification to Tannipartner, RTH passed some comments on me making edits, talking cryptically etc. I again ingored it. One thing I was not clear on was the PM part. I therefore asked what is BI? Again it had nothing to do with debate.
d- Public entered from nowhere and talked about balatkar. I responded. Again not a debate.

2. That's essentially what I said.

3. On that way you can continue ending this discussion and continuing all at the same time it ad nauseum unless all doubts are cleared.

 
I realize that some of it is provocation so that I respond and then people come and say oh you have ended it 3 times before. I have been here long enough to see this happen many times before.

4. OK. However, others need not oblige to the request.

If someone requests me then I would.
 
Originally posted by King-Anu

Now I will appreciate if you contribute to this debate rather than coming out of the blue to intervene and pick on other members.


First things first, personal attacks ignored. I refuse to being derogatory.
Nope, can't do it, and you are free to not appreciate it. I will comment on whatever I deem fit.

There was no personal attack. I am sure you would.

Originally posted by King-Anu

Those involved can speak for themselves.


Pay heed to your own advise from the next time then. I wouldn't want to bring irrelevant aspect here so no taking names, but can you say it that you have never defended any of your friends here or spoke for them etc? We all know it.
 
oh..so its me defending my friends again. lol.
 
Others will speak up for whoever or whatever they want to. Take it up to the mod if you have a problem.
 
I think those who have made 5-6 posts pointing issues in me should be the ones reporting me to the mods. My only issue was with Tannipartner and there we exchanged some comments. I don't report anyone.

Edit (since you can't control the urge of responding) -

 
My urges were following your edits

I don't know what purpose your recap serves. I can already see my "contribution" going behind a few pages. As for your 'lol', no - other members generally when very serious don't make lighthearted comments, and if they do, they make a separate para with a LOL emoticon. Generally serious and lighthearted comments are not mixed together. And when they mix it, they know how to do that with class and skill so that there sentences do not seem so ambiguous.
 
Okay I now get it. It is the separate paragraph that I was missing. lol.

And seriously, if you want to end a discussion just don't respond.
 
I am sure you wanted that.


Edited by King-Anu - 22 October 2012 at 9:28am
LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Joined: 28 March 2007
Posts: 13584

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

Originally posted by tannipartner

Originally posted by King-Anu


 
@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.
 


I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.


 
@ Tannipartner
 
There is only one way to interpret my apology and i.e. as an apology. I think one can make a serious comment and then at the same time end on a lighter note. That was my only intention.
 

@ lol
 
People use emoticons and I use lol. It simply means I am smiling or in good mood.  just cannot live without it. If you don't like it you just have to ingore me or my posts. I will be okay.
 
Finally, when one leaves a topic then please do not post comments or ask questions which, if not answered, lefts the member in an awkward position by not responding. I did an exception here since you seem confused. Now please lets really move on.

Not when they are trying to clear a dispute.  Atleast not in normal english speaking universe.
. When you are seriously clearing an issue, you do not intentionally dilute it by adding an illplaced humour sign, humorous post and then circumventing.

  You might not understand the implication of adding the LOL after your so called apology. So let me  lay it down to you. It meant, you were  being sarcastic and you were  just doing me a favour simply cause other members and the mod called you out on it and you had  no intentional of issuing it.

Had you said whatever you did in this post before, there would have been no need for people to point it out.


Thank you for your apology. I am ready to move on.






The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Joined: 01 April 2009
Posts: 5426

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

Originally posted by King-Anu

Originally posted by tannipartner

Originally posted by King-Anu


 
@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.
 


I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.


 
@ Tannipartner
 
There is only one way to interpret my apology and i.e. as an apology. I think one can make a serious comment and then at the same time end on a lighter note. That was my only intention.
 

@ lol
 
People use emoticons and I use lol. It simply means I am smiling or in good mood.  just cannot live without it. If you don't like it you just have to ingore me or my posts. I will be okay.
 
Finally, when one leaves a topic then please do not post comments or ask questions which, if not answered, lefts the member in an awkward position by not responding. I did an exception here since you seem confused. Now please lets really move on.

Not when they are trying to clear a dispute.  Atleast not in normal english speaking universe.
. When you are seriously clearing an issue, you do not intentionally dilute it by adding an illplaced humour sign, humorous post and then circumventing.

  You might not understand the implication of adding the LOL after your so called apology. So let me  lay it down to you. It meant, you were  being sarcastic and you were  just doing me a favour simply cause other members and the mod called you out on it and you had  no intentional of issuing it.

Had you said whatever you did in this post before, there would have been no need for people to point it out.

Thank you for your apology. I am ready to move on.

 
As I said earlier in my post that in the end, in such a situation, it is all about trust. You despite my acknowlegment of your explanation of "tear apart' comment, subesquent apology and several explanations of that paragraph still don't trust me and have doubts about my intention and why I did what I did. While I perhaps trusted you too much and therefore took the luxury of passing a light hearted comment.
 
Anyway I will look into this problem and be careful in future. Meanwhile yes I am ready to move on too. lol.
 
@Public: I believe her husband is from India. I have no connections with her. This should not matter here as its her personal issue.


Edited by King-Anu - 22 October 2012 at 11:20am

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Wife leaving Hubby taking children away, but why?

2 3

Author: Summer3   Replies: 16   Views: 2038

Summer3 16 2038 07 July 2011 at 2:45am by Summer3
Sania not to play in India - Right move?

2

Author: *Jaya*   Replies: 10   Views: 903

*Jaya* 10 903 17 February 2008 at 10:40pm by raj5000
India is not India...it's America...

2

Author: SmarterDesiKid   Replies: 10   Views: 2398

SmarterDesiKid 10 2398 10 August 2007 at 10:59pm by UDman
We need to move FAST....and brag less...

Author: SolidSnake   Replies: 7   Views: 440

SolidSnake 7 440 23 April 2007 at 10:52am by sareg
india vs not-india

2 3 4 5 6

Author: simi1295   Replies: 40   Views: 4964

simi1295 40 4964 11 February 2006 at 2:56pm by heart girl

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index