Debate Mansion

did India move away from Gandhism? (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 15

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.

I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "did India move away from Gandhism? (Page 13)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

@ Tannipartner.  I do not know what was in your heart. You wrote something and in my judgement I did not see it as a figure of speech. Therefore I responded accordingly. Now you are telling me that you did not mean that. Fine. I am someone who by nature trust people. Therefore I am putting aside my earlier reply. I take back my words and would like to apologize for that comment. Your action was not a wild one. lol.

I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.

The red highlight is an illustration of my issue with the 'lol'.

This is not exactly a jovial discussion. I'd assume (and hope) it is an attempt to clear misunderstandings. In such situations a 'lol' is considered inappropriate until the air is clear. Especially placed after that statement, it appears to emphasize sarcasm or mocking. If one raises objection, he will state he is only being humorous.

I'm honestly not sure if King Anu intentionally does these things or if he really does not understand the netiquette use of lol.

Sorry Souro! I was just trying to clarify what I meant by picking on the 'lol'. I hope King Anu grasps what I'm trying to say.

I'll get back to the debate. Gandhi or partition? Choices! Choices! Choices! I could respond to Polki_zofi more. But where is she? Looks like we are tearing her apart here. *

*intentional tongue in cheek statement.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateBeyond_the_Veil

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

The red highlight is an illustration of my issue with the 'lol'.

This is not exactly a jovial discussion. I'd assume (and hope) it is an attempt to clear misunderstandings. In such situations a 'lol' is considered inappropriate until the air is clear. Especially placed after that statement, it appears to emphasize sarcasm or mocking. If one raises objection, he will state he is only being humorous.

I don't know what is  in his heart but in my judgement it looks  mocking to me. let me see, what he says. I have an equally trusting nature though.Big smile

I'll get back to the debate. Gandhi or partition? Choices! Choices! Choices! I could respond to Polki_zofi more. But where is she? Looks like we are tearing her apart here. *

*intentional tongue in cheek statement.

your choices choices sound like decision decisions made by that girl in the creepy vampire movie part3.LOL

please read the article she posted, its by salman rushie. All her questions are answered there itself.

Edited by tannipartner - 18 October 2012 at 8:44am

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged
 flogging the dead horse one last time

Originally posted by Polki_Zofi

I am a Catholic. I cannot believe what you said of missionaries. Maybe they were sailors of conquerors, but then you dont know missionaries well. Evangelical? It is not my faith.

Its your faith, you will not see anything negative about it. And that is how it is. I admire your faith and your respect for your beliefs.Clap
 But we too have our faith and beliefs.. So when  you come down saying craps like India exist coz of missionaries and all, its natural we will take offense. And since we are debating, we will put out factual information that might be a rude shock to you. But you chose to go down this lane.We did not start the disrespect  fest.

Labeling white as racist is all too easy anyway. You look at your words before calling someone racist too.

racist can be of any color. R you white? good for you,apply sunscreen when you visit India.. Does not change that you behaved like a racist here. 

I think racist behavior and hitler glorification cannot be seen anywhere so much but here. As this is true, everything else is self explanatory.its such a mad place. How can it be tolerated?

Then take a deep breath, and then READ the posts first.
take a look at what racist means, and then compare your lines. See for yourself who is the racist

Go back and read, when you claim whatever India is now because of europe, when you claim India has not done any contribution, when you claim India's parition was a choice and the death of people are not important, when you without any knowledge claim a freedom fighter of India to be militia man, you act like a racist.

And speaking facts out does not mean anyone is supporting anyone. HITLER caused WW2, he was the reason British empire was weakened, its a fact. India did not get freedom for Gandhi alone.  Bose is a revered freedom fighter with contributions to India's freedom struggle , these are facts. You don't need to go far, open wikipidea and you will know.

That is not hitler  GLORIFICATION. We all know what a monster he is, you don't need to tell us. We are educated people.

And if you do not understand why he is mentioned in context of India's independance: Go back and educate yourself. Don't embarass yourself like this. 

You know what is glorification: When you claim this. Also when you seem to say whatever you say is gospel truth.

Originally posted by Polki_Zofi

You have wrong information of Missionaries killing natives. Missionaries have light and hope to India. Missionaries saved India. It is because of missionaries, there prayers and the Bible that they took to India that India is still surviving. This is simple truth. Is there no Christian Indian here in this forum? Catholic? 

You see what you want to see as true. Your trouble tocomprehend and interpret  facts and opinion is not my problem.

Oh you think calling a debater as outsider and thinking your knowledge about Europe and western world is more than us is good behavior?

Yes, when the debater does everything else than debate. When debater purposefully baits members and refuses to listen to fact. When debater comes with pre conceived notion to berate and belittle a bunch of people.

As I already pointed out,you don't need to live somewhere to have knowledge. 

Good behaviour is to accept someone can know more than you. Which everyone other than you are displaying.

If you have so much pride why then come to our lands for better life and education?
So good if your country then go back! Live in it. No need to be in Europe. 

Speak for yourself and your Poland if you wish to.
You want people to go back, call all those european dancers who work as background dancers in bw. What are they doing in India leaving the better life and education?

Its a free world, anyone  will go anywhere to study and work anywhere in world. Indians to america or eurpeans to India.  That is why embassies and consulates exist. Else we could just coup up in our own coccoon. 

people living in europe and your land are not living at your charity.Unis at "your" land earn bucketload of money for these students.
"Your"  land earns in terms of taxes and business coz these people come  and work there.

Many members here are europeans and americans of Indian origin. they are as much on their own land as you are.

So many of you and you dont integrate. 

You don't need to sell your ass to integrate as you seem to think. Is there anyone you know who integrated by selling themselves off?
People can have respect for both the country of origin and country of residence. the concept seems foreign to you. Possible. It originated in India. 

No wonder why conservatives and anti immigration parties are rising in Europe. There is a reason.

there are many reasons for that. Don't talk politics, Some people know way more than you wished for. Don't bite more than you can chew once. If you want to debate european politics, feel free to open another topic. We would be happy to oblige you.

Some of the immigrants are good, but those with such aggressive brains make them look bad too. I will not lump them all with you, but your activity does it for them.

Some of the civilions are good, some are bad. So?  There are enough aimless right wingers who kill harmless turkish immigrants just for fun.

Good and bad exists everywhere.

Really atlast you feel you should not lump? after latching on to mightier and bigger european brothers all this while?
Good for you, your mind is opening.

Going from this forum as it is racist and very mad.

naturally, people always think others to be alike.

I search and found so many hitler glorification and it appalls me! I didnt know! 

I also didn't know people expect Indians to dance around trees and be exotic to suit their fancy. But you give some, you get some.

No wonder hardly any white here, 
but you all can come in polishforums.com as usual I see and ask for immigration advice or job. We help... free.

Why don't you keep to polish forums then? We don't want to cause you any unwanted trouble. In case you didn't know, there are enough India forums too that offer such informations for free.

Christ is the savior, the Son of God, the savior of the world. 

No one is denying it.

Poland survives for Him, 

Are you also speaking for the polish jews and muslims as well?

USA survives for Him, India too.

What is wrong in this word? How it makes me racist? 

Because you insist on your supremacy for your belief, your country of origin and your skin color.

Christ belong to India as much as any country.

Yes. But we will embrace him, when we want to. kindly stop advising us.

Why other races are so quick to label white people as racist?

Speak for yourself. we have every reason to label you as one. Your skin color has nothing to do with it. You can get a tan for all I care. Ain't gonna change anything.

No knowledge is complete, but hope and belief is. 

That applies to you too.

Edited by tannipartner - 18 October 2012 at 11:06am

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 4:19pm | IP Logged

@ Tannipartner

There is only one way to interpret my apology and i.e. as an apology. I think one can make a serious comment and then at the same time end on a lighter note. That was my only intention.

@ lol

People use emoticons and I use lol. It simply means I am smiling or in good mood.  just cannot live without it. If you don't like it you just have to ingore me or my posts. I will be okay.

Finally, when one leaves a topic then please do not post comments or ask questions which, if not answered, lefts the member in an awkward position by not responding. I did an exception here since you seem confused. Now please lets really move on.

Edited by King-Anu - 21 October 2012 at 5:23pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
^^^

You edit posts, like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you PMS, like b I would know
And you over think, always speak cryptically

Clown

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^^

You edit posts, like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you PMS, like b I would know
And you over think, always speak cryptically

Clown

what is b I?

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by publicparty

Polki jaate jaate apna jhanda King Anu ko thama gayi Clap, ab tera bhi gang-balatkar shuru! ROFL
Aur tu to pakistani hai na? wah bhai wah ClapROFL

Jai ho Gandhi ji ki!

DID INDIA MOVE AWAY FROM GANDHISM ROFL ... India has moved towards Sunny Leonism kab ka, yeh gandhi gandhi kaun hai? yeh gandhi gandhi!

Har ek baat pe kehate ho tum ke tu kya hai
tumhe kaho ke yeh andaaz-e-guftagu kya hai

please refrain from using crude language

chupak raha hai badan par lahu se pairahan
hamari jaib ko an hajaat-e-rafu kya hai

the issue is much more serious than Polki or King Anu. It is an internal contradiction among Indians that they need to be clear on. We non-Indians take cue from them on their matters.

Ragon mein daudate phirane ke hum nahin qaayal
jab aankh hi se na tapaka toh phir lahu kya hai

debates get heated at times and indicate seriousness. no need to use inappropriate words

Jala hai jism jahaan dil bhi jal gaya hoga
kuredte ho joh ab raakh, justaju kya hai

The debate has ended from my side. There is no need to reignite the issue.

P.S: poetry from Mirza Ghalib and not King Anu. lol

Edited by King-Anu - 22 October 2012 at 4:55am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top