did India move away from Gandhism? - Page 11

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by tannipartner

I am not sure how to interpret your apology. You don't seem to mean it. By adding the lol it seems you are doing me a favour. You are writing it as a jest to placate someone just because other members told you, and not because you regret attacking someone. I am sorry, I just don't see it as sincere effort from your side.  Thank you for your statement though. We had an enjoyable debate. But I am still having some bitter taste.

@ Tannipartner

There is only one way to interpret my apology and i.e. as an apology. I think one can make a serious comment and then at the same time end on a lighter note. That was my only intention.

@ lol

People use emoticons and I use lol. It simply means I am smiling or in good mood.  just cannot live without it. If you don't like it you just have to ingore me or my posts. I will be okay.

Finally, when one leaves a topic then please do not post comments or ask questions which, if not answered, lefts the member in an awkward position by not responding. I did an exception here since you seem confused. Now please lets really move on.
Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago
^^^

You edit posts, like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you PMS, like b I would know
And you over think, always speak cryptically

🤡

Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^^

You edit posts, like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you PMS, like b I would know
And you over think, always speak cryptically

🤡

what is b I?
Originally posted by publicparty

Polki jaate jaate apna jhanda King Anu ko thama gayi 👏, ab tera bhi gang-balatkar shuru! 🤣
Aur tu to pakistani hai na? wah bhai wah 👏🤣

Jai ho Gandhi ji ki!

DID INDIA MOVE AWAY FROM GANDHISM 🤣 ... India has moved towards Sunny Leonism kab ka, yeh gandhi gandhi kaun hai? yeh gandhi gandhi!

Har ek baat pe kehate ho tum ke tu kya hai
tumhe kaho ke yeh andaaz-e-guftagu kya hai

please refrain from using crude language

chupak raha hai badan par lahu se pairahan
hamari jaib ko an hajaat-e-rafu kya hai

the issue is much more serious than Polki or King Anu. It is an internal contradiction among Indians that they need to be clear on. We non-Indians take cue from them on their matters.

Ragon mein daudate phirane ke hum nahin qaayal
jab aankh hi se na tapaka toh phir lahu kya hai

debates get heated at times and indicate seriousness. no need to use inappropriate words

Jala hai jism jahaan dil bhi jal gaya hoga
kuredte ho joh ab raakh, justaju kya hai

The debate has ended from my side. There is no need to reignite the issue.

P.S: poetry from Mirza Ghalib and not King Anu. lol
"The debate has ended from my side. There is no need to reignite the issue."

I thought you "ended" the debate thrice before...but end seems to take a whole new meaning here. 😆

If one wishes to end a debate from their side, then that's their wish. You can request members to not quote your posts once you are done with the debate, but other members need not oblige to that request. It's you who's done with the debate, it's you who's made decision of not posting again - not them. If they need to make a point, they will quote you. If one has enough self-restrain in themselves then they can (I'd hope) stay away from a discussion. If they can't, then that's not the other members' fault.

To be fair, I am guilty of this too. I "end" a debate and then can't control myself from responding to "one more post" (especially when someone quotes me). However, that's my problem, not theirs. They are under no obligation to not quote me. If I have ended a discussion, then it's my duty to to make sure I stay by my words.

Edit - you are free to use 'lol'. However, how is one to interpret such a sentence that contains 'lol'? Should we take it as a sarcastic/lighthearted sentence or a serious one? When one takes your sentence seriously you say the other person is being unfair because you were only being lighthearted. This is why it was suggested that you actually use it when you are lighthearted. You accepted her apology and put a 'lol' at the end of the sentence. Should we take it that you were being lighthearted and not serious when you accepted her apology, meaning you actually did not really accept it.
You are needlessly making your sentences unambiguous in meaning. I don't know if you do that intentionally or not; however, I do think it's problematic.
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

"The debate has ended from my side. There is no need to reignite the issue."

I thought you "ended" the debate thrice before...but end seems to take a whole new meaning here. 😆

If one wishes to end a debate from their side, then that's their wish. You can request members to not quote your posts once you are done with the debate, but other members need not oblige to that request. It's you who's done with the debate, it's you who's made decision of not posting again - not them. If they need to make a point, they will quote you. If one has enough self-restrain in themselves then they can (I'd hope) stay away from a discussion. If they can't, then that's not the other members' fault.

To be fair, I am guilty of this too. I "end" a debate and then can't control myself from responding to "one more post" (especially when someone quotes me). However, that's my problem, not theirs. They are under no obligation to not quote me. If I have ended a discussion, then it's my duty to to make sure I stay by my words.

1- For the benefit of everyone can you please let everyone know where I thrice ended the debate? I believe I only said once that "it is the end from my side". Earlier I believe I requested once to lets end it. lol.

2- Yes I came back after that and it was to answer some doubts raised on my apology by Tannipartner. Perhaps that is a debate in your definition.

3- It is not about self restraint. It is about mannerisms. I do not want another member to think wrong about my apology.  I did that without continuing the debate.

4- I know it is my problem and therefore I added "please"

Now I will appreciate if you contribute to this debate rather than coming out of the blue to intervene and pick on other members. Those involved can speak for themselves.

Let me recap your contribution to this debate

POST 1

"'Tearing apart' or 'torn apart' is indeed figurative, and the said member didn't say that he would do it himself or will have a group ready to do that to King-Anu. It was not a threat, more like a practical assumption about what would realistically happen.

If one is willing to start a debate, I believe the person should continue it to the best of his knowledge. No point in starting a chain of conversation to just end it abruptly midways, especially without refuting the opponent's points."

POST 2

"I don't know why you are misconstruing her post. She said such sentences are ungracious and obnoxious.
You are debating/discussing on a public platform. If you wish to keep this issue between just the two of you and not want others to butt in, then the private messenger might be the better option."

POST 3

"Edit - Posted blah blah corner's msg here"

POST 4

See above. lol.

Now let me tell you that. I ain't Mahatma Gandhi. lol.

Response to Edit:

That paragraph had the apology then I made a light hearted friendly comment to show the member that its all fun now. This is how other talk also. We tend to end on lighter note. It is nothing different that I am doing. You can find similar examples here

@PublicParty...somehow I had the feeling that use of Ghalib poetry was not appropriate here. lol. anyway i didnt get your point.
Originally posted by King-Anu

1- For the benefit of everyone can you please let everyone know where I thrice ended the debate? I believe I only said once that "it is the end from my side". Earlier I believe I requested once to lets end it. lol.

2- Yes I came back after that and it was to answer some doubts raised on my apology by Tannipartner. Perhaps that is a debate in your definition.

3- It is not about self restraint. It is about mannerisms. I do not want another member to think wrong about my apology.  I did that without continuing the debate.

4- I know it is my problem and therefore I added "please"

1. You said "Anyway lets end it." to RTH (source). Later you again said "This is the end from my side." (source). And then - "Now please lets really move on." (source). You also have responded to public party and RTH instead of ending it. If that's how you end a discussion, be my guest.
Also, since there is a 'lol' at the end, should I have taken your no. 1 point as a joke and not respond to it?

2. That's essentially what I said.

3. On that way you can continue ending this discussion and continuing all at the same time it ad nauseum unless all doubts are cleared.

4. OK. However, others need not oblige to the request.

Now I will appreciate if you contribute to this debate rather than coming out of the blue to intervene and pick on other members.

First things first, personal attacks ignored. I refuse to being derogatory.
Nope, can't do it, and you are free to not appreciate it. I will comment on whatever I deem fit.

Those involved can speak for themselves.

Pay heed to your own advise from the next time then. I wouldn't want to bring irrelevant aspect here so no taking names, but can you say it that you have never defended any of your friends here or spoke for them etc? We all know it.

Others will speak up for whoever or whatever they want to. Take it up to the mod if you have a problem.

Edit (since you can't control the urge of responding) -

I don't know what purpose your recap serves. I can already see my "contribution" going behind a few pages. As for your 'lol', no - other members generally when very serious don't make lighthearted comments, and if they do, they make a separate para with a LOL emoticon. Generally serious and lighthearted comments are not mixed together. And when they mix it, they know how to do that with class and skill so that there sentences do not seem so ambiguous.

And seriously, if you want to end a discussion just don't respond.
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago

POH, in my opinion we are beating a dead horse at this time. We have raised all the relevant points with King Anu, and the only place we can go from now on is circles. It may be better for all if we drop it and move on to the topic or something else that would be fruitful. 😊

Souro did ask us to stay on topic. 😛
Originally posted by return_to_hades

POH, in my opinion we are beating a dead horse at this time. We have raised all the relevant points with King Anu, and the only place we can go from now on is circles. It may be better for all if we drop it and move on to the topic or something else that would be fruitful. 😊

Souro did ask us to stay on topic. 😛

😆 You are asking the forum mischief maker on staying on topic? LOL.
But you and Souro are right. See this is what I like about you - you can speak against friends when you feel they are wrong or needs to be told something. 😉

Anyway, I am done here. Let's see if I can keep up my words and exercise my self-restrains unlike some here. 😊
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

1. You said "Anyway lets end it." to RTH (source). Later you again said "This is the end from my side." (source). And then - "Now please lets really move on." (source). You also have responded to public party and RTH instead of ending it. If that's how you end a discussion, be my guest.
Also, since there is a 'lol' at the end, should I have taken your no. 1 point as a joke and not respond to it?

a- Lets is used as a suggestion. It is conditional and not definitive. It is the end from my side, on the other hand, is definitive.
b- I broke that commitment once and that was to clarify the insincerity issue. By doing that I continued the discsussion and not the debate. For example RTH made some comments about me accepting factual inaccuracies which I ignored because I did not want to continue the debate.
c- After my clarification to Tannipartner, RTH passed some comments on me making edits, talking cryptically etc. I again ingored it. One thing I was not clear on was the PM part. I therefore asked what is BI? Again it had nothing to do with debate.
d- Public entered from nowhere and talked about balatkar. I responded. Again not a debate.

2. That's essentially what I said.

3. On that way you can continue ending this discussion and continuing all at the same time it ad nauseum unless all doubts are cleared.

I realize that some of it is provocation so that I respond and then people come and say oh you have ended it 3 times before. I have been here long enough to see this happen many times before.

4. OK. However, others need not oblige to the request.

If someone requests me then I would.

First things first, personal attacks ignored. I refuse to being derogatory.
Nope, can't do it, and you are free to not appreciate it. I will comment on whatever I deem fit.

There was no personal attack. I am sure you would.

Pay heed to your own advise from the next time then. I wouldn't want to bring irrelevant aspect here so no taking names, but can you say it that you have never defended any of your friends here or spoke for them etc? We all know it.

oh..so its me defending my friends again. lol.

Others will speak up for whoever or whatever they want to. Take it up to the mod if you have a problem.

I think those who have made 5-6 posts pointing issues in me should be the ones reporting me to the mods. My only issue was with Tannipartner and there we exchanged some comments. I don't report anyone.

Edit (since you can't control the urge of responding) -

My urges were following your edits

I don't know what purpose your recap serves. I can already see my "contribution" going behind a few pages. As for your 'lol', no - other members generally when very serious don't make lighthearted comments, and if they do, they make a separate para with a LOL emoticon. Generally serious and lighthearted comments are not mixed together. And when they mix it, they know how to do that with class and skill so that there sentences do not seem so ambiguous.

Okay I now get it. It is the separate paragraph that I was missing. lol.

And seriously, if you want to end a discussion just don't respond.

I am sure you wanted that.