Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

saisamanvi

IF-Dazzler

saisamanvi

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Leave your comment below 0 Interviews

Ekta Kapoor: "You can be lonely even after marriage"

Ekta Kapoor rakes in crores even as she kicks up controversies. Filmfare decodes the industry's hotshot producer

Written By
Suman Sharma
Written By Suman Sharma
Senior Copy Editor (Hindi)
Posted Thu, Oct 4, 2012
Rate Story
Rated
Rate
Share This Story

Ekta Kapoor:

Adult comedy and controversies
Her recent release KSKHH won frowns for its double entendre dialogue, yet the film succeeded at the box-office. "The film had the flavour of an adult comedy. We do enjoy naughty jokes in our day to day lives. So what's wrong in it? I also know that adult content comes into the zone of a sex film. People liked Delhi Belly a lot. That was an adult comedy too. Why so much hullabaloo about my film? You need guts to make a film like this," she defends. Also, the dog in KSKHH, was earlier named Fakhruddin (it happens to be the name of India's fifth President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed), which had certain sections objecting to this 'dishonour.' In fact, the dog was rechristened Shatru at the Censor Board's behest.  "I had not named the dog to belittle any particular person. If someone calls his dog Ekta, will I go to his house and protest? I am now used to controversies. But I must add that my director Sachin Yardi was also whimsical. He did his own thing."

Ekta and directors
Very often, Ekta has creative differences with her directors all for the betterment of her product. "I do my work honestly. I want my product to be up to the mark. If someone spends Rs 200 to watch my film or gives me even half an hour for my TV show, then it is my responsibility to ensure that his money and time are not wasted. We haven't survived because we are good people; we've survived because we give good content."

Sex on small screen
The credit for showing intimate scenes for the first time on the small screen also goes to her. Her popular serial Bade Achhe Lagte Hain had an intimate act between Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar that received a lot of hits on YouTube as well. "When I started doing television, it was an era where saas bahu stories worked. Now, times have changed and we have to make serials accordingly. Society has two sections, the orthodox and the progressive. You can't keep both of them happy at the same time. But I do make content for both the categories," smiles the producer.

Marriage

Isn't it lonely being successful and single? "You can be lonely even when you're married. If you disagree, you're lying. One can be lonely even after 10 years of marriage. And one can also be lonely without getting married. Life is not perfect. How you want to lead it depends on your attitude. If the glass is half empty, then it is half full too."

Fashion
There was a time when her fashion sense was criticised. But today, she's seen sporting a slim, chic avtar. Is there someone special in her life? She gestures dramatically and says, "If only there was. As far as fashion is concerned, I wear what I like or whatever I can get hold of. I don't follow any designer. I can't help it if people are now paying me more attention than they did earlier." Any low moments? "I guess you'll be happy only if you find me alone and crying," she retorts in jest. "But no dear, I am very happy."

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu ShriramTrieshbalhfan4everSaisweetysnehasyaOnePiece1gunjan7SriBAnnthewmuskan087anizorkarajekarNanyPoriTaniya20sandhyasnjakther7leo4everleena04-Srishty-luvsakshi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ekta Kapoor: "You can be lonely even after marriag" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

leo4ever

IF-Rockerz

leo4ever

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:25am | IP Logged
hmm thanks maybe that is why she shows leads al il lonely soemtimes in theri leifeBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

miggieSaisweetysaisamanvi

_CandyCream_

IF-Dazzler

_CandyCream_

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saisamanvi

jakther7

IF-Rockerz

jakther7

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
tfs

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Saisweetysaisamanvi

SriB

IF-Dazzler

SriB

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Cool  article. Like her confidence

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Saisweetysaisamanvi

Saisweety

Goldie

Saisweety

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing dhi.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saisamanvi

Annthew

IF-Dazzler

Annthew

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged
TFS.
  Quite a confident lady!!

Saisweetysaisamanvisandhyasn

Mahi78

IF-Rockerz

Mahi78

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Like her confidence. Revolutionised the television industry. 

Cutie4197Saisweetysaisamanvi

Post Reply New Post

Go to top