*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by DevvivekAshNI

But how will it work?

</div>I don't know how IF can or could implement it. But the background is:
<div>You type your update or ff onto a word document instead of directly onto your post.

Save it as a PDF document and then attach it to your post. Not sure about earlier Microsof Office versions but if you have Word 2007 onwards you should be able to save as such.
yah. If it happens then its a solution.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A humble suggestion. (Page 3)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
But guys how will u attach IF watermark in it?

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged

Hey guys,

I do see many suggestions here but I am not sure if it will work or not. Only Vijay can answer here and he is currently out of station so it may take some time.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*-Stutz-

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Hey guys,</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I do see many suggestions here but I am not sure if it will work or not. Only Vijay can answer here and he is currently out of station so it may take some time. </font>

hey Aahana, yes Vijay ji should give a Powerful answer now coz its True that our Updates are continuously getting Copied. I tried many things but cant help out . Thanks

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey guys,

I do see many suggestions here but I am not sure if it will work or not. Only Vijay can answer here and he is currently out of station so it may take some time.  

Thanks Aahaana.  Inquisitive minds will keep inquiring.  Any idea when Vijay will be back?  Congrats on your awards for most hardworking and best problem solver.  I read that thread and howled with laughter at the script on that.  The hosts were hilarious.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DevvivekAshNI

But guys how will u attach IF watermark in it?
I can attach any watermark through word but it disappears when you post on IF.  there mst be another way to do it on here.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Well, I can suggest various ways, but it depends how much security you want. The more hard you wanna make it for others to pass this as their own work, the more work it will take.

First of all, a screenshot can be taken of anything. If you can view it, you can take a screenshot. Therefore it doesn't matter which format you use for text, someone can simply take a screenshot and post it elsewhere. But they won't be editable easily. If someone is gonna put an effort, they can still convert image to text by OCR and edit it but most won't want to put that much work. 

The best route I will suggest is to use repeating watermarks. It is a method of filling whole of your text with watermarks. You can make it nearly transparent and it will become very subtle. If someone posts it then, it will contain the author's name and/or IF name as you wish.

The way you could achieve this is to type it in word. Then use a software that will automatically turn the document into images. Now, you have two ways. Either you can apply watermark individually to each images but it will be very time consuming. So, the better path is to first create an image with the repeated watermark pattern. And then you could add the image as picture watermark in Word. And then when you will convert the document into images, it will be with repeated watermark all over the text.

An example of what I am talking about.

Of course this is just and example and you may change the orientation, color, transparency according to your wishes.

Hope this helps.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarina_TaNi_

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Created a rough draft of what I was suggesting. Yes, you can make it better, it's something I just threw together in 10 minutes. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Stutz-Xarina_TaNi_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top