Page 3 Page 4

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tani23

Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by -Stutz-

Xarina, I am a bit confused. Is taking a screenshot of these files possible? Because.in the end, after doing so much if the people simply screenshot it, that wouls be bad!
I have not tried taking a screenshot.  However, if it means that that once taking a screenshot, alterations can be made, then it is back to the drawing board.  Is there anyone who could help me in testing this out?  I will try it out myself and reply back here, but if there is someone to help, I shall be most grateful.

Xarina ...cn u elaborate as in Screen shot of the Word file -> screen shots of every page n then pasting them here on IF ...do u mean to say this??
I just edited my earlier post.  Screen shot will only give you one page so copying and posting  every page would be too time consuming.  Attached or uploaded as a pdf document would be better. 

Are there any DT Admins around who can help me test this out?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A humble suggestion. (Page 2)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged

Lemme try :)
Thank you stutz. Smile

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:36am | IP Logged
I am able to take a screen shot
http://i.imgur.com/itDY0.jpg

The thing is, people just take a screen shot of the updates and post it.. Some don't even bother taken out the water mark. So yea.. I doubt this would workErmm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_TaNi_

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged

The thing is, people just take a screen shot of the updates and post it.. Some don't even bother taken out the water mark. So yea.. I doubt this would workErmm
Thanks Stutz.  I went to the document.  But one thing I tried but couldn't do was to edit or copy and paste the document.  If our writers add their names to the document at the top and the bottom and specifically make references to IF, logo etc,  then it can't be a bad thing.  My concern is that people took the work of hardworking people and passed it off as their own.  I thought that this way at least the writers and originators of the posts and ff's would be credited as I think that this is the main thing. Not that they are being copied but that credit is not given where it is due.  Also, how would it look on another website if they are referring to a 'rival' website.  I don't know if I am making myself clear or going round in circles. Confused  Maybe it needs a bit more work.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Stutz-_TaNi_

_TaNi_

IF-Sizzlerz

_TaNi_

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged

Thanks Stutz.  I went to the document.  But one thing I tried but couldn't do was to edit or copy and paste the document.  If our writers add their names to the document at the top and the bottom and specifically make references to IF, logo etc,  then it can't be a bad thing.  My concern is that people took the work of hardworking people and passed it off as their own.  I thought that this way at least the writers and originators of the posts and ff's would be credited as I think that this is the main thing. Not that they are being copied but that credit is not given where it is due.  Also, how would it look on another website if they are referring to a 'rival' website.  I don't know if I am making myself clear or going round in circles. Confused  Maybe it needs a bit more work.

Ya one cannot edit d document thereafter ...so it cud work ...

people just need to do dis extra hardwork of taking d screen shots n uploading them 
but i hv a question whether d screen shot wud b readable i mean ...whether d readability will b maintained 

-Stutz-

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:56am | IP Logged
We had tried the watermark thing.. but it did not work. Some members just added another logo.. and others didn't care and directly pasted the updates without bothering about the I-F watermarkErmm

Here, some of us tried and gave different suggestions. Lets see what would work out!
A Possible Solution to Stop Copying of WUs?

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tani23

Ya one cannot edit d document thereafter ...so it cud work ...

people just need to do dis extra hardwork of taking d screen shots n uploading them 
but i hv a question whether d screen shot wud b readable i mean ...whether d readability will b maintained 

I think this needs a bit more thought.  Posting screen shots will be time consuming and people may not be receptive to this.  Aahaana has informed me that Vijay is away at the moment.  Hope fully when he comes back he can advise further.  In the meantime, I won't give up.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Stutz-_TaNi_

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged

We had tried the watermark thing.. but it did not work. Some members just added another logo.. and others didn't care and directly pasted the updates without bothering about the I-F watermarkErmm

Here, some of us tried and gave different suggestions. Lets see what would work out!
A Possible Solution to Stop Copying of WUs?
Like I said, it is not so much as copying, but the passing off of someone else's work as their own.  I think somewhere there may be a solution.  Not necessarily this idea but something.  Thanks for helping Stutz. I will keep on at it.

-Stutz-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top