Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
Hiya
I know that Aahaana is super busy so I hope she won't mind if I pose my question here as well.

For some time many updaters and ff writers have lamented that their updates and ff's are being copied and plagiarised on other sites.  Since asking previously, Ishan very kindly advised me that using a watermark is just not viable as screenshots are made and the logo is blurred out.  

So now I am asking whether it would be possible for members to write updates and ff's add their credentials to the document and save them as PDF?  The topic maker would then need to upload the document or attach it to their post.  Can this work?  Could there be a facility on IF where this is a possibility?  We receive invoices at work via PDF.  Being a financial document these cannot be tampered with so I figured why not try them with members hard work.

DT team.  I am sorry if you have thought of this and I am being a pain for suggesting it.  i enjoy troubleshooting and trying to find solutions and Aahaana I am sorry that I did not wait for a reply from you but can you let s know.

Thank you.

Xarina

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-*Dev.*Guggul_TaNi_Magical_KaSh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A humble suggestion." in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
But how will it work?

_TaNi_

IF-Sizzlerz

_TaNi_

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
heya,

i hv discussed dis wid Xarina n thot of putting it ...

we can even go for making d word document as final...

ie before  saving d document ...one can go to Prepare Menu (jus below d save menu)

from d prepare menu -> select "Mark as  Final" suboption ..

what it will do is " The document cannot b updated" ...

my question is "whether we cn upload dis doc directly" 

so d authenticity of users n IF  can b maintained

regards
Tani

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinaSunshine797

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DevvivekAshNI

But how will it work?
I don't know how IF can or could implement it.  But the background is:
You type your update or ff onto a word document instead of directly onto your post.
Save it as a PDF document and then attach it to your post.   Not sure about earlier Microsof Office versions but if you have Word 2007 onwards you should be able to save as such.

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Xarina, I am a bit confused. Is taking a screenshot of these files possible? Because.in the end, after doing so much if the people simply screenshot it, that wouls be bad!

Xarina

IF-Sizzlerz

Xarina

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Stutz-

Xarina, I am a bit confused. Is taking a screenshot of these files possible? Because.in the end, after doing so much if the people simply screenshot it, that wouls be bad!
I have not tried taking a screenshot.  However, if it means that that once taking a screenshot, alterations can be made, then it is back to the drawing board.  Is there anyone who could help me in testing this out?  I will try it out myself and reply back here, but if there is someone to help, I shall be most grateful.

Edited.
I saved one of my stories an as a pdf.  I took a screen shot and saved it in word.  The whole document is still showing as a pdf and I am unable to edit it in any way.  Can somebody else have a go and let me know?  Thanks.

Edited by Xarina - 06 October 2012 at 7:26am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Stutz-

_TaNi_

IF-Sizzlerz

_TaNi_

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

Originally posted by -Stutz-

I have not tried taking a screenshot.  However, if it means that that once taking a screenshot, alterations can be made, then it is back to the drawing board.  Is there anyone who could help me in testing this out?  I will try it out myself and reply back here, but if there is someone to help, I shall be most grateful.

Xarina ...cn u elaborate as in Screen shot of the Word file -> screen shots of every page n then pasting them here on IF ...do u mean to say this??

Edited by tani23 - 06 October 2012 at 7:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Stutz-

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
Lemme try :)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top