Suggestions / Comments

Need you to heal our hurting fingers! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

SayNO2Fur.

IF-Rockerz

SayNO2Fur.

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Call it a 'Disagree' button, it won't sound as bad, and would pretty much mean the same. Tongue

& Yeah ! More Smiley's sounds good .. The lot hasn't changed much , or at all since 2005.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wineshibz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need you to heal our hurting fingers! (Page 2)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey,

I do understand your point about the advantage of having " DISLIKE" button but there are some important disadvantages of implementing dislike button here knowing the forums atmosphere on I-F.

Positive - members can express their immediate dissatisfaction with a post without not getting into any hot heated arguments. Simple way to express our negative feelings and it will keep away offenders with back and forth quarrels.  We may get more healthy discussions if the button is used with the right intension. 

Negative - It will not encourage people to post if they do get many dislike clicks against their posts. Many will abuse the button just because they don't like the topic maker without even reading the post. Its a way to show their hatred toward the member/online bullying and will create negative vibe around the forum. None want to be pointed out as the  most disliked person with comments and it hurts members sentiments aswell.  Imagine a forum like IPK, if a comment is posted against the main leads or criticism against them, the topic maker will receive more "dislike" than "like" due to the obvious reasons.  People will be afraid to come forward to post and it will reduce the participation.

Like button have already created cold vibe. If a post is made targeting a member (offensive) ,then its liked by particular gang/members because they "dislike" that person.  And trust me, it hurts the members sentiments and feelings and creates animosity.

If I-F ever decided to implement "dislike" button then I hope it will be anonymous:) 

And I agree, we should get more smileys here:)

Ahaahana Tongue .WTH LOL

You both agreed and disagreed with yourself and me ..Only to disagree with me over something that you could never agree to LOL

This is  bureaucracy at it's sweet best .. Tongue  No wonder they slyly call ya IF's best bureaucrat who can persuade anyone over anything ...Ouch  Yay ! I'm pretty sure you will even Persuade me one day that You and Me are the same people .. LOL  

@ Bold 1:  And you trust me that I Always do  Tongue

@ Bold 2: And who is IF now ? Many believe its you ...Even I do LOL ..A forum within a larger forum ...that's you with unparalleled modesty and excellence...that makes the larger forum dweller's lives blissful..Tongue

Alright ..you have agreed upon the need for a spiffed Smiley  / Emoticons set ...So implement that ...Before I stop feeling such emotions Ouch  ..Which ll be NEVER LOL

Thank ya for the response ..Tongue

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Persian.Cat.

Call it a 'Disagree' button, it won't sound as bad, and would pretty much mean the same. Tongue

& Yeah ! More Smiley's sounds good .. The lot hasn't changed much , or at all since 2005.

Ahahahahha LOL  Cheeky you ..(  I know most cat's are  Ouch ) Its the same as alluding to William Shakespeare as  Willie ..or  Shaky LOL  according to your choice .The mighty Bard behind the name though remains the same ...LOL ..I ll recite for ya a poem that he NEVER wrote on Cat's Tongue  ..Later on as i pretend to remember that LOL

Yeah ..So most of us feel the need for newer sweeter smileys ..Give your inputs too ...Pouting, Kissing ..Mewing ? Biting ?   <<<<< LOL

Sheesh! This is crazy ..I better cut out before I end up making this look like am Essay on Cat's LOL

Thank you Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SayNO2Fur.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
The dislike button is a disaster everywhere, as I have seen some forums implementing them and then remove it later. It just spreads anger, people trolling and attacking certain users. At least the Like button spreads only positivity.

But yeah, definitely agree about the emoticons. They need a wider range and of better quality too.

Vintage.Wine

SayNO2Fur.

IF-Rockerz

SayNO2Fur.

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Ahahahahha LOL  Cheeky you ..(  I know most cat's are  Ouch ) Its the same as alluding to William Shakespeare as  Willie ..or  Shaky LOL  according to your choice .The mighty Bard behind the name though remains the same ...LOL ..I ll recite for ya a poem that he NEVER wrote on Cat's Tongue  ..Later on as i pretend to remember that LOL

Yeah ..So most of us feel the need for newer sweeter smileys ..Give your inputs too ...Pouting, Kissing ..Mewing ? Biting ?   <<<<< LOL

Sheesh! This is crazy ..I better cut out before I end up making this look like am Essay on Cat's LOL

Thank you Tongue

Willie and Shaky ? LOL Never heard of one alluding to him with those names. LOL But, exactly my point .. Vintage Wine, or Antique Wine .. Dislike button or Disagree button , as long as the point gets through. Tongue

Yeah, your in-depth knowledge on cats is manifest. Tongue Add: licking, purring, clawing to Meowing and biting smiley's as well. LOL Though, I was thinking more along the lines of .. Thanking, Pleasing, Waving, Waiting, Gifting .. etc. Smile <-- This looks super fake .. could do with a couple of new smiling face smiley too. LOL 

Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

The dislike button is a disaster everywhere, as I have seen some forums implementing them and then remove it later. It just spreads anger, people trolling and attacking certain users. At least the Like button spreads only positivity.

But yeah, definitely agree about the emoticons. They need a wider range and of better quality too.

Freethinka Tongue

True that ..Dislike button is strictly for the brave hearts  LOL Who can candidly dislike posts .. keeping all biased and wussy decisions( To like  even the mediocre posts by their friends..) at bay ..and for those who can bear the brunt of a million dislikes LOL

I must commend Aahaana again for the contrivance..Anonymity might help a lot in case of dislikes ..and people would flock all threads to do so ..Thereby helping IF attract more hits that would raise their revenues stupendously LOL  Hahaha .Wow I feel like a Business Prodigy again Blushing

Haha Yeah ..everybody concurs with the idea of more smileys ..the time is right to implement them as I and many more can't wait to ...Pout, Bat eyelashes..and even kiss the ones we like in a contemporary way .. LOL

Thank you for the comment Smile

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Persian.Cat.

Willie and Shaky ? LOL Never heard of one alluding to him with those names. LOL But, exactly my point .. Vintage Wine, or Antique Wine .. Dislike button or Disagree button , as long as the point gets through. Tongue

Yeah, your in-depth knowledge on cats is manifest. Tongue Add: licking, purring, clawing to Meowing and biting smiley's as well. LOL Though, I was thinking more along the lines of .. Thanking, Pleasing, Waving, Waiting, Gifting .. etc. Smile <-- This looks super fake .. could do with a couple of new smiling face smiley too. LOL 

P. Cat Tongue
 Dead set !  Our points concur and meet at a Point which stands tall above all points ..LOL And we need to push that point in a collective effort so that it reaches the targeted audience pretty well..Tongue To the point of conception of new IF smileys by them Tongue 

Hahaha Yeah ..Cat's always intrigue me ...Cats amongst the animals and Pigeons amongst the birds ..But I always side with the pigeons when a cat bails em up..( Which is a common sight)  Tongue 

Haha that story apart ..Yeah ..Such smileys ie :  Waving, Kissing , Gifting and even Slapping <<< (Yeah Anger, Excitement are also the emotions commonly exhibited by people)  ..should be engendered Tongue

SayNO2Fur.

SayNO2Fur.

IF-Rockerz

SayNO2Fur.

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged

P. Cat Tongue 
 Dead set !  Our points concur and meet at a Point which stands tall above all points ..LOL And we need to push that point in a collective effort so that it reaches the targeted audience pretty well..Tongue To the point of conception of new IF smileys by them Tongue  

Hahaha Yeah ..Cat's always intrigue me ...Cats amongst the animals and Pigeons amongst the birds ..But I always side with the pigeons when a cat bails em up..( Which is a common sight)  Tongue  

Haha that story apart ..Yeah ..Such smileys ie :  Waving, Kissing , Gifting and even Slapping <<< (Yeah Anger, Excitement are also the emotions commonly exhibited by people)  ..should be engendered Tongue

Vintage.W! LOL

You mean the points have met at a Peak ? Tongue Yeah.. we'll hit those targeted audience right on, even the ones from down below in the Valleys can't miss us. LOL but if they do .. I would prefer sliding down the steep hills, rather than jumping off the Peak in order to reach them. LOL

Lol ! Have ya not heard about those Pigeons that gang up against cats' attacking, pestering them with their beaks? LOL common sight in the lands of cats. LOL

I truly think we need some animals/birds emoticons .. providing us with a cuter method to express our emotions. Tongue yeah, even anger, and excitement. LOL

Edited by .Persian.Cat. - 09 October 2012 at 2:14am

Vintage.Wine

Post Reply New Post

Go to top