Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:25am | IP Logged

Dear Goddess !   Blushing..Err!  MODESS Tongue '<<< WTH  LOL   ..This happens to me so often these days..I use that as the short for Moderatress..I hope the Portuguese don't read too much into that .Ouch

Well ..I have a suggestion Tongue..and would seek your comment over that . ..Yay ! ..Like Youtube and other such sites ..Why can't we have a Dislike button for the posts too? Ouch . I have identified at least 66786.99 posts ( Including my own postsOuch ) across the forum that I would wanna Dislike '.Not liking the post isn't the same as disliking that 'I guess you reckon that ..

Also how about idolizing Yahoo messenger and upgrading the IF smiley set ? Why not introduce a few new exciting similes like um ..Pouting, Drooling, waiting, Stern face and even a Kiss ..Yeah .A friendly kiss that many might want to send to their mates Tongue It becomes so difficult and tedious to type that for like 1000 times every day. Thus making the PMs lengthy..  And leave their fingers hurting  Ouch

I hope  my voice reaches you 'Like it did in my last night's dream: Hahaha << Kidding here .LOL.

On a serious note: Do consider my suggestion ..and promise me you will upgrade the system very soon..

Thank you Tongue

Edited by Vintage.Wine - 04 October 2012 at 4:29am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Swetha-Jesmi9--Rose--SayNO2Fur.PrincessBushiCandYlicious_SHawaaPotDexterkilaila--Udhay--safeplacetoland

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need you to heal our hurting fingers!" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
I guess it's not exactly right to have a dislike button. You see what it will do is that it will only create fights not only amongst the same forum members but people from other forums can come in and just dislike the post if it's something against them.

I chose not to comment on posts that I don't agree with or that I dislike, that's the best way to go about.

That's just my opinion though. But it would be pretty cool to see a dislike button on India-Forums too.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Vintage.WineJesmi9_Darling_AmeresCandYlicious_SLadyDabanggprincessunara

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Saraa~

I guess it's not exactly right to have a dislike button. You see what it will do is that it will only create fights not only amongst the same forum members but people from other forums can come in and just dislike the post if it's something against them.

I chose not to comment on posts that I don't agree with or that I dislike, that's the best way to go about.

That's just my opinion though. But it would be pretty cool to see a dislike button on India-Forums too.

Haha ..Aww .Ty for the early response Sara ...<< Yeah I still believe in the passe ways to thank .and would continue to do so .until you introduce a smiley that helps me with that LOL

Well I'm sorry but I must contradict your point there Ouch...I mean people those who dislike the posts trudge eviler ways to express their anguish and contradictory stance...So they resort to the words ..They quote the person and write that, sometimes in a despicable manner ..which leads to further squabbling ..that engenders a fight ..So a  Dislike Button might come handy in such recurrent situations .where one can protest silently with their names showing as the ones who disliked the post ..and they won't need to say a word to do so ..I believe it a rip snorter of a idea to have a dislike button ..if you are willing to give that a burl ..Tongue

You cheekily omitted the smileys part Tongue ..That issue i bet ain't frivolous nuff to be overlooked ...ADMIT THAT SARA OuchHaha..Let the pictures say it all ..Lets not burden the delicate fingers and the hearts LOL Be our E quack ..and heal those ailing minds ..and the fingers before they die off... LOL

Thank you .. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Magical_KaSh

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Considering the fact that the usage of like button has fueled and waged many IF wars, I can only imagine what the inclusion of the dislike button would do. LOLLOL

But yea  I am up for the idea. Dislike button seems like a legit inclusion to me. Including varied emoticons wouldn't hurt either. Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.WineMagical_KaSh

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

IF-Sizzlerz

HaHaHeHe-Hupp

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Yeah, there should be dislike button as well along with like button so that we could show our hatred towards posts of those members who type filth and perceive themselves as the most intellect all over the forum.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Vintage.WineMagical_KaSh

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Considering the fact that the usage of like button has fueled and waged many IF wars, I can only imagine what the inclusion of the dislike button would do. LOLLOL

But yea  I am up for the idea. Dislike button seems like a legit inclusion to me. Including varied emoticons wouldn't hurt eitherThumbs Up

@ Bold:  Indeed  LOL That according to me is the best way to spit the dummy at those who inflict platonic wars on many.

I would also like to fetch the MOD's attention towards widening the scope of the existing LIKE button. I mean members should be allowed to LIKE their own posts too. LOL ..That's the much needed solace for those whose posts are not liked by none for some reason or the other. I would be much gratified if such system is put in place. Cause I believe I too have a right to LIKE my own posts..Even publicly LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dexterkilaila

K.Sean

IF-Sizzlerz

K.Sean

Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Not a dislike button.. but we definitely need more smileys!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.WineFavouriteofallkavyasam_Darling_baz786Shedevil25princessunara

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 4:48pm | IP Logged

Hey,

I do understand your point about the advantage of having " DISLIKE" button but there are some important disadvantages of implementing dislike button here knowing the forums atmosphere on I-F.

Positive - members can express their immediate dissatisfaction with a post without not getting into any hot heated arguments. Simple way to express our negative feelings and it will keep away offenders with back and forth quarrels.  We may get more healthy discussions if the button is used with the right intension. 

Negative - It will not encourage people to post if they do get many dislike clicks against their posts. Many will abuse the button just because they don't like the topic maker without even reading the post. Its a way to show their hatred toward the member/online bullying and will create negative vibe around the forum. None want to be pointed out as the  most disliked person with comments and it hurts members sentiments aswell.  Imagine a forum like IPK, if a comment is posted against the main leads or criticism against them, the topic maker will receive more "dislike" than "like" due to the obvious reasons.  People will be afraid to come forward to post and it will reduce the participation.

Like button have already created cold vibe. If a post is made targeting a member (offensive) ,then its liked by particular gang/members because they "dislike" that person.  And trust me, it hurts the members sentiments and feelings and creates animosity.

If I-F ever decided to implement "dislike" button then I hope it will be anonymous:) 

And I agree, we should get more smileys here:)

Edited by Aahaana - 06 October 2012 at 4:51pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.WineBilliCat.FavouriteofallGuggu_Mintykavyasam_Darling_-Stutz-Autumn.PrincessBushiLadyDabanggshibzbaz786HawaaPot-Jwalamukhi-princessunara

Post Reply New Post

Go to top