Mythological Masti

Sri Rama's response when he was to go to forest

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 3:50am | IP Logged
One day earlier only Sri Rama's father told him that he was to be anointed as the Yuvaraja next day. That day morning, Rama would have woken up expecting to be made Yuvaraja. But we know what had transpired in the night before in Kaikeyi's apartment. Kaikeyi had demanded two gifts and when she found her husband had no courage to talk to Rama about what he was to do, Kaikeyi decided to talk to Rama herself. She sent Sumantra to bring Rama to her apartment and Rama went there. She told Sri Rama about the boons Dasaratha had promised and also told that Sri Rama had to go to the forest and Bharata would become Yuvaraja.

What was Sri Rama's response? Sri Rama showed no disappointment and decided to go to the forest that day itself. What is so special about his response? This is what I learn. Even as he decided to go the forest, he never believed something was wrong with him. No doubt, he asked why his father was not communcating sweetly to him or is it because he had offended his father. Still Sri Rama asked this out of curiosity but not believing that he had done something wrong or unloving. As another important point, he never tried to find why Kaikeyi who had been loving to him till that day all on a sudden started hating him. This is because he knows that why people who are near to him change their mind is not totally because of him. He didn't question Kaikeyi that way. Nor did he try to convince her to change her mind by telling things like he would take care of her etc. He knew she behaved this way totally because of something within her and so it is futile trying to control her. Also he knew that whatever way she behaved he could take care of him.

What way can we emulate the ways of Sri Rama? Supposing my girlfriend tells me all on a sudden that she doesn't love me, it is all painful. But what can I do? I must not blame myself whatever she has to say about me. Neither can I convince her not to leave me trying to prove to her that I will be doing this, that etc. I have to accept her decision totally but see if somewhere I am not accepting myself or not taking care of myself. If I place high value for myself as Sri Rama does, even as these things happen, I can carry on life in a peaceful way.

Cheers, 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Radhikerani..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sri Rama's response when he was to go to forest" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.