Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: deboleena.manna

ok I don't know so much about Kartikya but I heard some storys of him..I always knew that Ganesha is the elder son n Kartikya is younger...n CV's showed that he known as Kumar bcz he is also Gangas son...but mujhe to pata tha k woh Kumar k name se isi liye jane jate hai bcz he never married...there is story...when Ganesh ji n Kartkya grow up...Mahadev n Mata Parvati ne decide kia k woh ab Ganesh ji ka Vivah ki tyari karenge...but when Kartikya heard this he said that he will mary first..but then his perents told him that Ganesh ji is elder..so according to rules he will marry first..but Kartikya jid karne lage..to Mahadev n Parvati ji ne decide ki k un dono main se jo bhi pehle pure earth ka 7 chakkar laga k unke pas wapas ayenge unki shadi pehle hogi...Kartikya ye sunke earth k 7 chakkar lagane k liye nikal pare...par Ganesh ji ne socha k woh kabhi bhi Kartikya se age nehi ja payenge to unhone Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ko ek sath bithaya ar unke 7 chakkar kate aur phir unse unki shadi karane ko bola..to Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ne pucha k usne to unke 7 chakkar kate par unhone to bishwa k chakkar katne ko bola tha to he replied k accroding to sastra mata pita hi santan k liye pura brahmand hai..unhone unke 7 chakkar katke pure brahmand k chakkar kat liye..ye sunke woh dono impressed hue..n Ganesh ji ki shadi kara di...jab Kartikya lota to dekha k Ganesh ji ki shadi ho geyi hai..he felt like cheeted...Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ne unhe samjha ne ki try ki but he don't listen n left Kailash...uske bad woh Gujrat k pas ek jagah rehne lage..woha unka ek mandir bhi hai...but I forgot the name...n also I heard the story that Ganesh ji ne apne chote bhai Kartikya ko yudh ki training di thi..but yaha to unka janam bhi nehi hua n Kartikya bara ho gaya..

There is also another story regarding this.

Once all the devas, rishis and humans prayed to lord Shiva to assign any god for "Vignas" as Adhipathy of Vigna's (leader of hurdles). Both the sons of lord Shiva wanted to have that role for them. Then lord Shiva told them both that whover of the two will take bathe in all the holy rivers of all three lokas and come first he wil be the adhipathy.

Immediately Karthikeya sped on his peacock but Ganesha asked Shiva if it was fair to have a race with Karthikeya as he is more agile and faster. Hence Ganesha asked Shiva a way out.

shiva said that if he will chant narayana mantram and circle his parents thre times that is equal to bathing in all the holy rivers. Ganesha did this.

Whenever Karthikeya used to recah a river he used to find his brother coming out of each of the 3 crore 50 lakh rivers and finally when he came to Kailash he saw ganesha already there.

Seeng this karthikeya apologized for demeaning his brother and asked the title be given to Ganesha. that day was the bhadrapada shuddha chathurthi day which is also the ganesh chathurthi day.

I read this story on Ganesh Chathurthi day as part of the Vinayaka Vratha Katha.

there was also another interesting story about why Ganesha has a elephants head. Which i shall post after Bappa's arrival.

*king*
Arnav90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I din'nt liked the epi bcoz the way they showed Kartikaya a bratty Kid... How cum a someone talk to Mahadev n Parvati like this even if he don't know they are parents...
Historylover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aru_86

hehehe bhargu i knw he is too smoky hot in these pics..but chin ka til to tera nhi peihu ka subject hai na???๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜†...ab peihu toh pata nahi kaun se grah par chali gayi hai...toh maine socha main hi line maar lun...kya pata woh apna haq jatane aa jaye...aur humein uske darshan ho jayein๐Ÿ˜›

achha did you see the latest promo...aisa lag raha hai ki rushi 8 pack abs banane ki poori tayyari kar chuka hai๐Ÿ˜†...look at his shoulders bilkul hollywood ke teen actors jaise ho gaye hain๐Ÿ˜ณ

vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
l have less time now days ,so  can't elaborately  comment here ,but i am equally stressed out like every one u here ...

Jeyvenk thanks for sharing beautiful Kandan karunai songs ...i am a loyal fan  of that songs ...๐Ÿค—..  it cools me with in seconds ...

Kandan karunai is the best tamil film to know about him Its fully based on Kanda puranam (south version ). 

with english sub titles ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bwi539ujIk&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by vanadhi - 11 years ago
kavya.sravya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hai friends ! this is not regarding south or north culture or devotion! this is regarding the potraying of the gods we all worship ! we respect each and every culture and story regarding our devis and devatas, as we all know, we have seperate story for every old temple in our wide country and we respect every one of those stories. nowhere it is written that kartikeya was left with those krittikas and they just took care of him till his parents came to him.  and parvati was the one who made the six kids into one and not shiva. i would have felt happy , even if they showed , both their powers combined , as in the case of his birth.   but no! they had to show parvati standing with tears, either happy or sorrow, and mahadeva doing all the things.
sometimes i feel, why parvati is roaming all over kailash parvath, shedding tears always, as if kailash is a shoka gruha . for gods sake, or mahadev ki saugandh , she is mother of whole universe!

it was little pleasing to see parvati's part in creating subrahmanya, though the dance was funny ( was it a dance really)
but what happend later was beyond my thinking. last , those krittikas , they are not even pleasing to look at. when mahadev started division of babies into nine, i was like ok, so we are taking this story also into this  and parvati was standing without any expression, as if , any way the baby is divided into six, and now it will be made into nine ! kya pharak padta hai ! may be she  was too shocked !
but after seeing yesterday's episode, feeling like quit watching the show rather than see our gods behaving this way.
we agree this is mahadeva's show , but every god should get his or her due respect, either it is parvati or kartikeya.
sorry for the long post and really felt bad after watching kartikeya's portrayal  .
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
me too love those movies.. some of these south indian movies way way back had such fantastic graphics.. what pesentation and each portraying so awesomely Savitri amma dont have enough words to apprecuiate as parvati. Her eyes brim when she sings skanda,, gemini as shiv,, simply wow.. may be no 6 pack but definiety a 6 pack performance. 
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: jayvenk

me too love those movies.. some of these south indian movies way way back had such fantastic graphics.. what pesentation and each portraying so awesomely Savitri amma dont have enough words to apprecuiate as parvati. Her eyes brim when she sings skanda,, gemini as shiv,, simply wow.. may be no 6 pack but definiety a 6 pack performance. 

Not to forget Shivaji as Veerabahu-  esp the scene the scene where, after the Soora Samharam, he lists each item of Devasena's dowry which Indra is expected to provide
Edited by varaali - 11 years ago
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: deboleena.manna

ok I don't know so much about Kartikya but I heard some storys of him..I always knew that Ganesha is the elder son n Kartikya is younger...n CV's showed that he known as Kumar bcz he is also Gangas son...but mujhe to pata tha k woh Kumar k name se isi liye jane jate hai bcz he never married...there is story...when Ganesh ji n Kartkya grow up...Mahadev n Mata Parvati ne decide kia k woh ab Ganesh ji ka Vivah ki tyari karenge...but when Kartikya heard this he said that he will mary first..but then his perents told him that Ganesh ji is elder..so according to rules he will marry first..but Kartikya jid karne lage..to Mahadev n Parvati ji ne decide ki k un dono main se jo bhi pehle pure earth ka 7 chakkar laga k unke pas wapas ayenge unki shadi pehle hogi...Kartikya ye sunke earth k 7 chakkar lagane k liye nikal pare...par Ganesh ji ne socha k woh kabhi bhi Kartikya se age nehi ja payenge to unhone Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ko ek sath bithaya ar unke 7 chakkar kate aur phir unse unki shadi karane ko bola..to Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ne pucha k usne to unke 7 chakkar kate par unhone to bishwa k chakkar katne ko bola tha to he replied k accroding to sastra mata pita hi santan k liye pura brahmand hai..unhone unke 7 chakkar katke pure brahmand k chakkar kat liye..ye sunke woh dono impressed hue..n Ganesh ji ki shadi kara di...jab Kartikya lota to dekha k Ganesh ji ki shadi ho geyi hai..he felt like cheeted...Mahadev aur Mata Parvati ne unhe samjha ne ki try ki but he don't listen n left Kailash...uske bad woh Gujrat k pas ek jagah rehne lage..woha unka ek mandir bhi hai...but I forgot the name...n also I heard the story that Ganesh ji ne apne chote bhai Kartikya ko yudh ki training di thi..but yaha to unka janam bhi nehi hua n Kartikya bara ho gaya..

hey deboleena..i heard this story from my childhood and i think its a bengali version of puranas only and in bengal ganesh is regarded as elder son but in other pats karthikeya is the elder son..bengal mein to lakshmi aur saraswati bhi durga k santaan mane jate hai๐Ÿ˜†

but in puranas karthikeya got married to indra's cousin sister Debsena...but in bengal Karthik is unmarried...baat kuch samajh nhi aye..kitna diff versions hote hai in puranas ka

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: aru_86

hey deboleena..i heard this story from my childhood and i think its a bengali version of puranas only and in bengal ganesh is regarded as elder son but in other pats karthikeya is the elder son..bengal mein to lakshmi aur saraswati bhi durga k santaan mane jate hai๐Ÿ˜†

but in puranas karthikeya got married to indra's cousin sister Debsena...but in bengal Karthik is unmarried...baat kuch samajh nhi aye..kitna diff versions hote hai in puranas ka

Devasena was Indra's daughter - not cousin. Indra gave her in marriage to Murugan after he killed the trio of Taraka, Simhamukha and Surpadman. 

As per Tamil folklore too, Kartikeya is married to, not one - but-  two wives. 
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Not to forget Shivaji as Veerabahu-  esp the scene the scene where, after the Soora Samharam, he lists each item of Devasena's dowry which Indra is expected to provide

Oh yes veerabhu  by shivaji ... How did i forget... His dialogue delivery.. his walk .. simply simply outstanding. ๐Ÿ‘