Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Kartikeya Murdered...

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Sorry for such a violent title...

...But that's what the serial has done to him today.Whatever the serial has shown today is not only blatantly  WRONG...but is a defamation of his character as well.

That's what is hurting me most today. And I have a few questions to ask-

• Have the Creatives forgotten that Skanda / Subrahmanya / Muruga is highly revered God in South India?  
  • What is the background research they have done on the life and legend of Kartikeya ? If they haven't - I will be happy to volunteer. Mr Devdutt Patnaik- are you listening?
  • Who gave the  creatives  the license to portray Kartikeya in a manner that is bound to hurt the sentiments of so many of his devotees? 

Not only that, but even many people in the North  who may not be too familiar with legends behind this God, will get a wrong impression. Even to imagine Skanda being rude, questioning his parents is unthinkable. 

The North Indian legends may have limited Kartikeya's role as a warrior but  for us South Indians (Tamils- specifically) he is also a repository of all branches knowledge. He is  regarded as an embodiment of Veda, Mantra and Gyana.  Even as a child, he flawlessly explained the essence of Pranava Mantra to his father.

It is not possible to convey in a few words the amount of faith and devotion that millions have for this God. Observing fasts to please him so that he blesses us with good children is very common. There is a specific prayer (Kanda Shashti Kavacham) that many chant on a daily basis - for protection from illnesses. He stirs the same devotion in our hearts as Krishna does for North Indians. 

In such a case, is it correct on the CVs part to have depicted Kartikeya in a rude, questioning arrogant manner? 

What is more disturbing is the feeling that Kartikeya is being maligned so that  Ganesha can be portrayed  as the 'perfect son' for Gauri. 

Kartikeya's character has been damaged beyond redemption. Irrevocably. Irreparably.

If  there are any fellow Tamilians on board who feel the same as I do, please respond. 

-----An angry, anguished and agonized viewer.

Edited by varaali - 02 October 2012 at 11:42am

The following 45 member(s) liked the above post:

Leo92gitanjalikbsyayinifunbuklovershalu-123pnarsLovePrajamoharikafanp.5572932malwica2.Nitzy..Mulan08cool_wiseAchinta97-Swetha--Gitanjali-SamsangeethaAnyaSwaRonDialaramki1mnx12.Vrish.vacchiiTinacoolcamellahemavidzsparklystarstudvanadhiGopikaaSakuuGudiyalovesguruDeewaniRimijayvenkAcid_QueenLeadNitrate-Nymphadora-bsingapurysubha2601PatrarekhaBlukitten.Reshama.Arnav90..RamKiJanaki..foram.Nikki_Titli

Suchi- IF-Sizzlerz
Suchi-
Suchi-

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
I thought ganesh was the older son and muruga is the second son, the younger one.

I think they got their Mythology facts all wrong

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-vanadhisparklystarstudvaraalihemavidzjayvenk

mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:52am | IP Logged
They have done this in past with Sati's portrayal followed with Ma Kali, then showing Paravti weak & crying most of the time. I thought they had problem showing Devi's power & strength properly but am wrong today even Kartikeya is shown disrespectful towards his parents, may be he doesn't know them but that doesn't stop him from being polite to his elders.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08-Swetha-ramki1AnyaSwaRonsparklystarstudvanadhiDeewaniRimihemavidzvaraalijayvenksubha2601foram.Nikki_Titli

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Suchi-Virmanian

I thought ganesh was the older son and muruga is the second son, the younger one.

I think they got their Mythology facts all wrong

Acc to Skanda and Shiva Puranas, Kartikeya is indeed the elder son. But for us, muruga is the illayavan (younger).But they should remain true to any one purana- not show whatever their fantasy pleases with scant regard to viewers feelings.

Edited by varaali - 02 October 2012 at 9:58am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Gitanjali-AnyaSwaRon.Vrish.hemavidzDeewaniRimivanadhisparklystarstudjayvenkNikki_Titli

Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:57am | IP Logged
to make mahadev glorified they are making each and every god weak..be it adi shakti , vishnu and now karthikeya

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_wiseMulan08AnyaSwaRonvanadhivaraalihemavidzjayvenksubha2601foram.

-Nymphadora- IF-Veteran Member
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:01am | IP Logged
actually this whole showing kartikeya immature ting,was to induce Drama i suppose,same like they made Sati throw Tantrums and make Parvati cry!
lets see,im hoping by tommorow they will show all the Drama culmating with Kartikeya knowing who his parents are and how signoficant his parents are!
beacuse they are intending to pave way for Mahadev training Kartikeya,and if they are they will have to finish this track soon,i hope they dont show Rushi like this!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-AnyaSwaRonvanadhiDeewaniRimivaraalisubha2601foram.Nikki_Titli

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Varaali

I doubt that one has to be a Tamil to be pissed off @ this depiction.  I found it pretty galling as well

And defaming him for the purposes of glorifying Ganesh later, if that's the idea, is just unforgivable.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08-Swetha--Gitanjali-kavya.sravyaAnyaSwaRonSakuuvanadhihemavidzvaraali

subha2601 IF-Sizzlerz
subha2601
subha2601

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aru_86

to make mahadev glorified they are making each and every god weak..be it adi shakti , vishnu and now karthikeya
That's the correct answer.They have been doing this with every God and Godess just to glorify Mahadev.As i said in aru's topic,Mahadev has become like an agony aunt who solves all the problems.Sati,Parvati and now Kartikeya are Godesses and God only for the namesake.The real God is Mahadev only who solves all the problems created by others according to the cvs.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_wisemoharikafankavya.sravyaDialaAnyaSwaRon.Vrish.hemavidzvaraalivanadhijayvenkforam.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index