Mythological Masti

Mahishasurmardini-Short story on Maa Durga

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

reshmibang

Groupbie

reshmibang

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 7:26am | IP Logged
I am a silent member of the forum.Indian Mythology is vast and there are so many stories related to different gods.I haven't seen much on Maa Durga.recently I came across this promo about a telefilm that will be shown on the day of Mahalaya Amavasya in a Bengali channel.Mahalaya is an auspicious day among bengalis because the countdown to the annual durga pooja begins from Mahalaya only.If anyone knows Bengali here(I think even if you don;t understand the language,you will be able to understand), you can catch the special show mahishasurmardini on this channel called Star Jolsa on 15 October at 5 am.Smile

Here is the advertisement of the show.Looks impressive for a regional program.Smile

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=362104670541450&set=vb.174665492618703&type=2&theater

Thanks.Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaNandiniraizaadalola610Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahishasurmardini-Short story on Maa Durga" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 12 October 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Hi Reshmi! First of all, we love our silent members, but thanks for breaking your silence LOL Welcome aboard!

Thank you very much for letting us know about the program. If you can find us any more information, especially video clips of it, that would be great! There are actually many other Bengali members and Durga Mata devotees among us in the forum, so I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

reshmibangDebipriya

reshmibang

Groupbie

reshmibang

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged
Thanks lola610.Smile
The show was telecasted today,I think the videos will be uploaded soon.I'll surely share them.Smile
Today is actually Mahalaya Amavasya, the day pitrupaksha ends and devi paksha begins.Legend says that Ma Durga actually descended on earth today after she was formed to kill Mahishasura.

I have some beautiful hymns of Ma Durga to share.These were from a program last year in the channel but the chants are all in Sanskrit. I don't know where else to ask so saying it here,can someone please convert the videos into MP3 songs?Smile I would love to hear each one of them,they are so soul stirring.

Here are the videos,if its possible to convert them to MP3,please do so.Thanks!

Aham Rudre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVsTT6rb4s

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged
thank you so much dearHug

Post Reply New Post

Go to top