Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

English Vinglish Reviews - POST HERE (Page 40)

Post Reply New Post

Page 40 of 50

bambogli

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "English Vinglish Reviews - POST HERE (Page 40)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pakeezah

IF-Rockerz

pakeezah

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Pakeezah, I think 5 crores was too high. Its close to what Heroine got...and let's face it: EV had no Halkat Jawani to help either. 2-4 crores is what I expected truth be told. Yes the promos have been on air and Sridevi has been promoting & its her comeback...but its been 15 years since her last film. If people didn't show up for Madhuri's Aaja Nachle on opening day then they weren't likely to show up for Sridevi's either...no matter how good the promos are. Also, I'd like to say that while I really liked the promos, they didn't make me want to run to the theaters to watch this FDFS...I'd put this film, like OMG, in my list of good DVD watches. I think there might have been many like me..

It picked up superbly though. BOI said it had the biggest jump for a Saturday in recent times.

Barfi...I think had more buzz...and Ranbir/PC are TODAY's stars. It's a big difference IMHO.

Heroine got 7 crores i think. Two and seven is heck of a difference im thinking; and
Im disappointed.

But i think what i mean is English Vinglish is underperforming for the content of the
movie. nowadays content seems to be determining factor for a movies success barring
the stupid Housefulls and RRs. Im kind of wondering if another actress had done this
role would it have even drawn in the money it has? The movie was well made. and
im sure lots of people went for Sridevi. I guess im kind of puzzled at audience.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunshine797

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pakeezah

Heroine got 7 crores i think. Two and seven is heck of a difference im thinking; and
Im disappointed.

But i think what i mean is English Vinglish is underperforming for the content of the
movie. nowadays content seems to be determining factor for a movies success barring
the stupid Housefulls and RRs. Im kind of wondering if another actress had done this
role would it have even drawn in the money it has? The movie was well made. and
im sure lots of people went for Sridevi. I guess im kind of puzzled at audience.

I meant 5 crores would be close to what Heroine got. I wouldn't expect that high numbers.

I guess we can wait a week or so before deciding the overall verdict :) The trade pundits say it really picked up and is doing fine. WOM is positive too, so let's see what happens.

-koiza-

IF-Sizzlerz

-koiza-

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged

koimoi is positive about EV Wink

October 9th, 2012 by Koimoi.com Team

After having an excellent 1st weekend of 13 Crores English Vinglish made an approx 2 Crores at the domestic box office on its 4th day (1st Monday). The Sridevi starrer seems to have picked up pretty well after its dismal opening day collections. English Vinglish now stands at a domestic box office total of 15 Crores.

The movie couldn't create a rage at the overseas box office but made an approx 4 Crores plus there too. Sridevi's comeback venture has fetched a worldwide box office collections of 19 Crores plus as of today.

The movie in its initial phase faced huge competition from the Akshay Kumar and Paresh Rawal starrer OMG Oh MY God! but picked up thanks to positive reviews and word of mouth.

English Vinglish has done pretty well in circuits like Mumbai, Gurgaon and Mysore. However, the movie couldn't attract a lot of attention in the non urban mass belts like the UP area.

The movie is sure to finish its first week in the likes of 20 Crores and a lifetime collection of 30-35 Crores is anticipated as of now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

-koiza-

IF-Sizzlerz

-koiza-

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged

EV has already recovered its costs, just in a weekend! It is average already. Hopefully it will become a hit with in a week more time

Box-Office Verdicts Of Major Bollywood Releases Of 2012

(all-India net collections) (in Rs. crores) koimoi 

New Releases

English Vinglish 5 Oct

opening day 2.50

opening weekend 13.00

opening week (just a monday included) 15.00*

over all till now 15.00* Average* (as of now)

Kismet Love Paisa Dilli 5 Oct

opening day 1.00 

opening weekend 3.10

opening week 3.10*

overall 3.10* Disaster* (over all)

Marauders

IF-Rockerz

Marauders

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged
I just watched it online and wow it was a really good movie. Good story line, it got me emotional at times. Hated sri's daughter.. gosh.. so badtameez and disrespectful.. sometimes i get frustrated and talk rudely to my mom but after watching this movie i am never gonna talk to my mom in that tone... and what sri's character goes through when she was in the cafe, i honestly wanted to kill that server.. whatta jerk! again i am gonna pay close attention to my tone when people dont speak english so i dont end up hurting them. overall it was a good movie, you could totally relate to it.. sometimes we are the victims or the bully. and sri is an AMAZING actor.. never seen her movies but wow she is also beautiful.. liked the character of her nieces a lot! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everSmritiKatha-SalShah4eva-

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Just finished watching the movie
i just wanna say awesome movie
loved loved it loved ittt
Thumbs Up
10/10
sri devi was excellent. 
I always admire her and her actingEmbarrassed

Edited by myLuvShahid-ji - 09 October 2012 at 9:12pm

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu-pre4eva

I just watched it online and wow it was a really good movie. Good story line, it got me emotional at times. Hated sri's daughter.. gosh.. so badtameez and disrespectful.. sometimes i get frustrated and talk rudely to my mom but after watching this movie i am never gonna talk to my mom in that tone... and what sri's character goes through when she was in the cafe, i honestly wanted to kill that server.. whatta jerk! again i am gonna pay close attention to my tone when people dont speak english so i dont end up hurting them. overall it was a good movie, you could totally relate to it.. sometimes we are the victims or the bully. and sri is an AMAZING actor.. never seen her movies but wow she is also beautiful.. liked the character of her nieces a lot! 
@bold: that was painful i cried out thereCry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top