Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

English Vinglish Reviews - POST HERE (Page 37)

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 1:53am | IP Logged

Laurent declaring his feelings for Sashi in his French accented English has got to be one of the THE most romantic scenes in recent times!Embarrassed Forget gorgeous backdrops, fabulously well-dressed characters and melodious background music...English Vinglish brings good, old-fashioned, romance back with a vengence...and proves that, to show chemistry between two people, you don't need props...all you need is good actors and good writing!

Also, Shashi's speech towards the end of the movie is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen in a long, long time! There was no melodrama, nothing out of place...it was like listening to your best friend or your mother or your sister open up her heart to you! I particularly loved the allegory she gives to the family being a world within the wider world...a place where no one judges you or criticize you...rather loves, respects and accepts you for what you are! So touching! It was impossible not to shed a few tears in that scene!

What a class act by Sri and what a debut by Gauri Shinde!Clap

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

AppleBlossomSmritiKatha-Nakshatra-TallyHoSam_dean4Eva.Shayari.ChippeshwiniSunNaaU-No-PooYusBeebambogliprerna4rishav

prerna4rishav IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Shayari.

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Midweek: 'OMG - Oh My God!' remarkable, 'English Vinglish' very good

By Taran Adarsh, October 8, 2012 - 12:20 ISTFilm Cast Plusses Minusses Verdict

English Vinglish

Plusses: A brilliant film in all respects with a towering performance by Sridevi

Minuses Difficult to find

Started on a slow note on Friday, but the terrific word of mouth helped the business grow over the weekend. The film is exceptional in multiplexes and has picked up delightfully in the mass belt too. Collected approx Rs 13.06 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup [estimates]:- Fri 2.5 cr, Sat 4.4 cr, Sun 6.16 cr.

OMG - Oh My God!

Plusses: Hi-concept film with a strong message. Plus, top notch performances by Paresh Rawal and Mithun Chakraborty

Minuses: Execution of the film could've been better

Is enjoying a fantastic run. The multiplex audience as well as the single screen junta has taken to the film in a big way. Collected approx Rs 12.5 cr nett in Weekend 2, taking the 10-day total to approx Rs 49.5 cr nett. Breakup [estimates]:- Fri 2.9 cr, Sat 4.2 cr, Sun 5.4 cr. Super Hit

Barfi

Plusses: A brilliant film in all respects

Minuses: Pacing slackens intermittently in the first hour

Crosses the business of HOUSEFULL 2 to become the fourth biggest grosser of the year, after EK THA TIGER, ROWDY RATHORE and AGNEEPATH. Is all set to cross AGNEEPATH today/tomorrow. Collected approx Rs 6.5 cr nett in Weekend 4, taking the total to approx Rs 112.15 cr nett. Breakup [estimates]:- Fri 1 cr, Sat 2.5 cr, Sun 3 cr. Super Hit

Kismet Love Paisa Dilli

Plus: Racy music

Minuses: Everything else

Is a disaster

(Ratings are based on the box office collections and the cost of the film)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeeGundayVedant

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz
YusBee
YusBee

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:19am | IP Logged
The film is actually a treat for all Sridevi fans...just imagine...after 15 years she comes back onscreen and if I cleraly remember there isn't even a SINGLE scene or moment in the film that doesn't have Sridevi. She is there from the starting credits to the ending credit rolls!Day DreamingI am going to watch it next weekend again.Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

melancholicSmritiKatha-koiza-prerna4rishav

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged

she seems to have one of the best come backs ever!

even stronger than kajol's. She had aamir, sri is all on her own and look at the response, WOW!

i always thought of her as hema malini who was just a pretty face in her movies but seems like for many there who thought like me, its like a whole new sri devi to see! WOW!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

melancholicYusBeeprerna4rishav

Sam_dean4Eva IF-Rockerz
Sam_dean4Eva
Sam_dean4Eva

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged
I WANT TO WATCH EV NOWW! Damnnn you exams! Unhappy
SunNaa IF-Sizzlerz
SunNaa
SunNaa

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Bollywood is making good movies these days and forcing me to watch them all in theater LOL so in last 4 weeks..this is the 3rd movie that I watched in theater after Barfi and OMG! Oh My God..

English Vinglish is a very well made, feel good movie...it's realistic and I could so identify with Shashi's character...she reminded me of my mom...in fact she reminded me so many aunties etc. Sridevi was wonderful...so natural...like they can you can never take acting out from a true actor...she was fantastic in every scene... Clap

I loved all her classmates...the pakistani guy was my fav...and I also liked David sir LOL oh and I loved how Laurent and Shashi used to converse in French and Hindi respectively...hehe...also liked Radha's character...thank god they didn't show her as an NRI who looks down at desi people...I thought the first half could have been better though...the second half after Shashi joins the class...that's when the film really picks up!

The last speech by Shashi was beautifully written Clap I also liked the fact that they made it look so realistic...like Shashi spoke slowly...thank god they didn't show her speaking fluent english suddenly  LOL

Overall I would highly recommend English Vinglish...3.5/5Thumbs Up

However personally I enjoyed the other small films this year a wee bit more - Vicky Donor, Kahaani and OMG! Oh My God... for me these were all a 4/5 and EV a 3.5/5

But a very good movie nonetheless! 

Edited by SunNaa - 08 October 2012 at 11:01am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

RidziMaanVedika211SmritiKathaAutumn.U-No-PooYusBeebambogli-SalShah4eva-

RidziMaan Goldie
RidziMaan
RidziMaan

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Watched it today! LOVED IT!!

Sridevi is gonna get noticed for this film not just because she's back (and boy is that an event in itself - did you see the stars who came to the premiere??) BUT she's done a fantabulous job. She was Ott and underplayed all in one go and it worked to really, really build a love for her character throughout the film.

My favourite characters: Radha, salman khan, Laurent and the son.

I loved the ending speech and how in her own humble way she was able to extract the respect of her family once and for all.

LOVED IT!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKathaAutumn.YusBeebambogli

Go to top