Debate Mansion

Mhatama Gandhi | How Many Dun Like Him| (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Aquilia_Aditi

IF-Sizzlerz

Aquilia_Aditi

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Now you know why everyone doesnt get the title Mahatma Embarrassed

I know that but the title would not have any importance in today's world. You'll be cheated upon by some 'Non-Mahatma' and you wouldn't even get to know. And if you do, then being the Mahatma you are you would not pay much heed to it and carry on your life and let the people cheat you again. In the end, its the people who are getting what they want and you get the title Mahatma for following your principles but in truth it didn't cause you any personal benefit only tons of losses.

PS: You here is referred to the people reading this (and who believe in Gandhi) and not Zorrro.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankithate

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mhatama Gandhi | How Many Dun Like Him| (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aquilia_Aditi

Now you know why everyone doesnt get the title Mahatma Embarrassed

I know that but the title would not have any importance in today's world. You'll be cheated upon by some 'Non-Mahatma' and you wouldn't even get to know. And if you do, then being the Mahatma you are you would not pay much heed to it and carry on your life and let the people cheat you again. In the end, its the people who are getting what they want and you get the title Mahatma for following your principles but in truth it didn't cause you any personal benefit only tons of losses.

PS: You here is referred to the people reading this (and who believe in Gandhi) and not Zorrro.
Did the title have any importance back then? Were there no cheaters in Gandhi's time?
Could Gandhi have been so foolish as to not know that people would take advantage of his goodness? Yet that did not deter him in doing what he felt was right. That is why the world calls him Mahatma even though some of  his own countrymen fail miserably to even understand him or what he stood for. With personal benefits as priority number one we can only have the sort of politicians we have today . The ones we vote to power keeping our personal benefits in mind.

Aquilia_Aditi

ammarkhan134

ammarkhan134

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged
i like gandhiji and aspire to do similar to what he did

Aquilia_Aditi

IF-Sizzlerz

Aquilia_Aditi

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged

Did the title have any importance back then? Were there no cheaters in Gandhi's time?
Could Gandhi have been so foolish as to not know that people would take advantage of his goodness? Yet that did not deter him in doing what he felt was right. That is why the world calls him Mahatma even though some of  his own countrymen fail miserably to even understand him or what he stood for. With personal benefits as priority number one we can only have the sort of politicians we have today . The ones we vote to power keeping our personal benefits in mind.

Sorry I am not here for any sorta fights. 

I still don't follow his principles and cannot see him in a good light.

Maybe because my facts are wrong. But I believe them. Embarrassed

And lol, you are right, His own countrymen fail to believe him. Me for an example! Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Al.Iz.WelAnkithatesarasingh86

ammarkhan134

ammarkhan134

Posted: 02 October 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aquilia_Aditi

Sorry I am not here for any sorta fights. 

I still don't follow his principles and cannot see him in a good light.

Maybe because my facts are wrong. But I believe them. Embarrassed

And lol, you are right, His own countrymen fail to believe him. Me for an example! Tongue
gandhiji was a great person.i admire him and will be a leader like him

Al.Iz.Wel

Al.Iz.Wel

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Well..Gandhiji should be appreciated by the way he stood by his principles. But have these principles had a clear significance is what to be discussed.
for most part Gandhi was willing for Dominion status and the thought of free independent india was brought by Bhagat and Co, What was the point in continuation of the viceroy post independence period, does Gandhi doesnt have a role in such a decision!!!
Talking about Violence the so said followers will u resist if someone slaps u on the go, Bhagat always spoke about selfdefence which is taken in bad light by gandhi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti--bewafasarasingh86

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Well, it's  tough to lead the lifestyle he led. But other than that...nah, not a fan of him. He was biased and his zidd cost India a lot. In fact, we're still suffereing coz of it. Sardar Patel was the best leader but Gandhi fancied Nehru, who was more British than Indian. And see Baps, what we got? We still suffer!! Wacko He disrespected ppl like Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Bose. Gandhi did not win us freedom. That's just a lie.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Al.Iz.WelLeadNitratebewafasarasingh86

--GODFATHER--

IF-Dazzler

--GODFATHER--

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
i LIKED the GANDHI in  ' lage raho munnabhai' - @ but thats it -= /

bewafa

Post Reply New Post

Go to top