Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 01 October 2012 at 1:46am | IP Logged
May was the last time I read and completed a novel. Since then, every time I pick up a book I am unable to reach even the second chapter - except if it is an M&B and the last M&B I read was in July, I think. I have loads of books at the moment. My side table is over flooding with them and they are the ones I have always wanted to read. Now that I am acknowledging the problem is it just me or do I have companions too?? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

heidi.Kryptonite.harianjana

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reader's Block, anyone??" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:28am | IP Logged
And I thought I was the only one with this problem. Wink Glad to know I have companions. The last book I finished was "Arms and the Man" in June. After that I just picked up books, enjoyed reading them up till the first half and then for some reason I left them there. But I AM planning to finish "The Casual Vacancy." I am getting my copy today. Yay! Big smile

Edited by LoveToLaugh - 03 October 2012 at 2:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:40am | IP Logged
^^The last one was An Equal Music. It was a beautiful book which sung beautifully of human emotions and after that I was reading Inheritance of Loss when it struck. Left the book before the last five chapters, I reckon. And I can't bring myself to read anything. A reason I didn't order TCV. LOL.. I really do hope you complete it. Just the author's name is so tempting but I know I wouldn't get past the initial chapters.

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
I haven't heard of "An Equal Music" before but if I get past my reader's block after reading TCV then I will definitely read it. J.K.Rowling is the only reason why I am excited as hell to read this particular book. There is no way I can let go of a Rowling book, reader's block or whatever! I really hope you decide to give it a shot too. Big smile

-Dee-

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged
It's a beautiful book by Vikram Seth. It has too much of music which a person not interested in classical music wouldn't understand. I didn't but the emotions are so well written - raw and anything that the reader is overwhelmed. I plan to read the Godfather because the copy is lying on my desk and then get myself The Casula Vacancy over Flipkart. Smile

LoveToLaugh

.Kryptonite.

.Kryptonite.

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Hey!
I too, am facing the classic case of Reader's block! I have 2 unread books on my table right now, i just cant force myself to read them! The funny part is, i was so so eager to buy them before, hoping i could finish it in a week or two! Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

heidi-Dee-

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 07 October 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
^^ Tell me about it. I bought some books, thinking I shall finish them in no time and they have borrowed by others, passed around and I am yet to read them.. sighs! I am working at present reading ten pages everyday, I hope I speed up and finish at least one book this month. It sounds so pathetic  - "one book this month" Stern Smile

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
i never have readers block in a sense tht i cant read anything for me it happens with authors like i love a series read 5 books and it takes me almost a year to read and get into the 6 th book

well it happens for genre too ... i cant read historical or classics anymore ...

-Dee-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top