Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Looks alone...do not an actor make...πŸ˜†

I first saw Anas as Prithvi Raj Chauhan...sorry to say I liked the younger Prithvi-Sanyogita jodi better than Anas and Sheetal...πŸ˜†  Rajat and Mughda were just that endearing...for me anyways. 

Plus back then...I don't know if it was the drama or Anas' acting...or maybe it was because that was the very first Indian serial I watched...but it got a bit cheesey at times..πŸ€”...you know all those hero-heroine slip and falls, eye locks...and the worst...accidently falling on the bed while holding the eyelock...🀣

I should have been major turned off...but I don't know what possessed me...I followed Anas into his next drama...Aise Karo Na Vida...

The concept seemed interesting...but the poor guy spent most of the time getting slapped by the heroine or being out-done by the villain...πŸ˜†...a sheer waste of his talent...a poor choice of project...I was sure his star had sunk...

But then I saw the promo of Diya aur Baati along with it's fabulous track...and it captivated me...I said let me give this one more try...and I am hooked.

Definitely Anas's acting has improved a thousand times over...but the real credit goes to the CVs and the production house for putting together such a stellar cast.  From Bhabo to Meena...to the lead pair of Surya...each perform as if the part was written specifically for them.

Plus the show seeks to promote good social causes...especially the advancement of women...that, I need not remind anyone, is 50% and the "better" half of society...πŸ˜†  Even what some would consider typical tracks of saas-bahu drama have been presented cloaked in a very thought provoking manner...πŸ‘

So...my answer to your question would be that Anas made a good selection in project this time...and he's back on Star Plus which is the biggest channel...so that also provides him with greater popularity.

Although this drama is primarily Sandhya's story...I do hope that the CVs continue to write tracks that give Anas's character growth and importance.

Thank you so much Fathima for  taking time out and explaining to me.I agree maybe because of the role he selected or got ,he did not leave an impact..Here in this serial ,he has had a scope to show his acting skills and somehow he just fit the role right.It seems to be tailor made for him. Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
[QUOTE=ayeshi_101]I knew Anas from prc time... I was not a regular watcher but I did notice Anas and  for me it was good show...!!! But I didn't feel the urge to know him more well or join any forum to always get updates..!!! He looked very familiar when I saw him as Suraj and when I searched about him I get to know that he is the actor from prc...!!!! I would recognize him but after prc it was a long time I saw him again...!!! From my perspective prc was a good show but it was a weekend show and historical as maddy said... So I never was that fan of the show... Aise karo na bida was in colors actually... I dont blame the channel 4 not being popular but the show didn't utilize their storyline which was not that bad...!!!
In DABH it is a prime time dailysoap, in starplus these are the first advantage and second an unique love story and life journey of Suraj and Sandhya...!!! And both characters are something you will easily fall in love with... And about Anas's acing actually I hardly saw him in colors serial but in DABH it is much better than prc acing of him... He not only improved himself but also connected with the character of Sooraj so beautifully!!!! 
Now how can I resist him...!!! β˜ΊοΈ
[/QUOTE 
Thank you Ayeshi. I agree Suraj and Sandhya seem tailor made for their roles.Had they not been there I may not have watched the show.