Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -GredForge-

i to loved hagrid bringing harry in his arms! of course not at that moment but after reading the later books and seeing the bond b/w harry and hagrid it just reminds me of this scene! 

vernon and petunia?what were your first thoughts abt them?😆

Greedy, unkind and people who only think about themselves. 😆 Oh, and, also ugly by the Rowling's description of them in the books. 😆
Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey guys Sorry for being late been very busy.
i can't believe the tread has started. thank you sooo much Daminii.
thanks to nobo too.
can't wait to start participating.😊
Cutecj thumbnail
First description of the dursleys to me was that they liked being very private yet to a point show-ofs.
they were discriminating too like they never mingled with people who wre not of their 'level or standards'
i kind of think that harry is the total opposite of the dursleys.
J.K.Rowlings describes to as that inspite of harry having to live with such cunning and self-centered people he has a kind, loving and generous not to forget brave heart.
I could not picture the Dursleys in an any more perfect situation .
What are your views guys

Edited by Cutecj - 11 years ago
Mione thumbnail
Mr Dursley had hardly any neck and Mrs Dursley had twice the amount of neck!!! ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£

HAHAHAHA!!!
Cutecj thumbnail
Aunt Petunia's neck came quite in handy when she wanted to over look into other peoples houses and eavesdrop on them ðŸ˜†
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mione

Mr Dursley had hardly any neck and Mrs Dursley had twice the amount of neck!!! ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£

HAHAHAHA!!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL  LOL!
Cutecj thumbnail
Vernon kept on hearing rumors and people i8n robes talking about the Potter family. They talked of their son Harry.
Vernon thought of Petunia's sister who was married to a Potter could they be talking about them. The Potters were the most weird family and anyways there are so many Harrys in the world.

Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
One of the major things I like about the whole Hp series is the way the first cheaper of each book starts. In PS, it started with 'The Dursleys of No. 4, Privet Drive, Surrey were extremely normal, thank you very much..' The first line itself shows the Dursleys opinions about witches and wizards and generally everything magic. The way McGonagall then advises Dumbledore to avoid leaving little Harry with the Dursleys shows how she cares for the little boy. I mean, even though Voldemort was 'dead' by the hands of little Harry she did not celebrate with the world for their redemption but mourned the loss of two of her favourite students to whom she might've grown close into while working with them in the OotP. She'd always had a soft corner for Harry, didnt she?
I also remember our dear Headmaster joking about the scar he has got on his lower right leg when Minerva asks about the lightning shaped scar on Harry's head. This became an early implication that Dumbledore would be a fun filled phenomenon to ever path down the pages of history. (err..sounds cliche?????!)

I love how Hagrid, despite his monstrous size, handles Harry with care. This shows that people can be kind and gentle despite their sizes.

The last when Harry is placed on the doorstep of the Dursleys, Dumbledore whispers, "Good Luck, Harry"

What does it mean?
-That he knows probably how the Dursleys would treat him but still why did he leave Harry on the doorstep of the Dursleys and not take Harry to Hogwarts?
-If there was Blood Magic, then why was Sacrificial Magic needed? We see at the end of the book that Quirrell/Voldemort couldn't touch Harry because of Lily's sacrifice. Dumbledore knew about it but why did he let Harry suffer?
-If Dumbledore wanted Harry to be safe from the unsuspecting eyes of Voldemort and his minions, then why didn't he take Harry to Hogwarts? Wasn't Hogwarts the most safest haven since there was Dumbledore there?
-Or did Dumbledore want Harry to grow in an abusive environment to draw strength from within that would help him defeat Voldemort later?

Your views please.

Cutecj thumbnail

Originally posted by: SallyAmanda

One of the major things I like about the whole Hp series is the way the first cheaper of each book starts. In PS, it started with 'The Dursleys of No. 4, Privet Drive, Surrey were extremely normal, thank you very much..' The first line itself shows the Dursleys opinions about witches and wizards and generally everything magic. The way McGonagall then advises Dumbledore to avoid leaving little Harry with the Dursleys shows how she cares for the little boy. I mean, even though Voldemort was 'dead' by the hands of little Harry she did not celebrate with the world for their redemption but mourned the loss of two of her favourite students to whom she might've grown close into while working with them in the OotP. She'd always had a soft corner for Harry, didnt she?
I also remember our dear Headmaster joking about the scar he has got on his lower right leg when Minerva asks about the lightning shaped scar on Harry's head. This became an early implication that Dumbledore would be a fun filled phenomenon to ever path down the pages of history. (err..sounds cliche?????!)

I love how Hagrid, despite his monstrous size, handles Harry with care. This shows that people can be kind and gentle despite their sizes.

The last when Harry is placed on the doorstep of the Dursleys, Dumbledore whispers, "Good Luck, Harry"

What does it mean?
-That he knows probably how the Dursleys would treat him but still why did he leave Harry on the doorstep of the Dursleys and not take Harry to Hogwarts?
-If there was Blood Magic, then why was Sacrificial Magic needed? We see at the end of the book that Quirrell/Voldemort couldn't touch Harry because of Lily's sacrifice. Dumbledore knew about it but why did he let Harry suffer?
-If Dumbledore wanted Harry to be safe from the unsuspecting eyes of Voldemort and his minions, then why didn't he take Harry to Hogwarts? Wasn't Hogwarts the most safest haven since there was Dumbledore there?
-Or did Dumbledore want Harry to grow in an abusive environment to draw strength from within that would help him defeat Voldemort later?

Your views please.

Great interpretation.

Brilliant questions for thoughts too.
Cutecj thumbnail
I really like when McGonagall was tring to convince Dumboldore not to give Harry to the Dursleys. It showed her motherly side.