Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Ankita.. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
How many here had predicted that Ron would land up with Hermoine right from the first book?
Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hadn't predicted from the first book but had certainly the doubt from the third.
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey SallyAmanda!
nice post :)
well your questions are answered in detail in the fifth book in the last few chapters.
dumbledore left harry at his nearest surviving relative(petunia) to SEAL the magical protection given by Lily. Harry was intricately safe yes, but i feel by landing him there he tried to double up the protection. But your point has had me thinking..voldy couldnt harm harry while petunia was there but he could might as well kill her and nullify dumbly's protection. Your thoughts pls. :)
ref whether dumbly wanted him to suffer..well i guess not. But surely he didnt want harry grow up to be a spoilt little prince. He wanted him strong and ordinary.
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@SallyAmanda, Nice analysis...yeah quite motherly & caring side of Mcgonagall is depicted in first chapter, & dumbledor's talks about ear muffs , sherbet lemon & the map Sort off highlighted what kind of person he is...

As for your questions...There is Very thin line between Blood & Sacrificial magic that Latter DEPENDED on former
i.e lily sacrificed herself for protection of Harry & dumbledor explained in 5th part that This magic/protection would have worked Only Till Harry wasn't of age & Until he could call such a place home where Any Blood relative of Lily Resided...
When Quireel tried to kill Harry ..Privet drive was still his home & He was also underage ..so it worked

& Yes I agree with yourself & Varun..that dumbledor didn't wanted Harry to be in magical world ( Let alone Hogwarts ) till he was 11. Reason he mentioned himself in First chapter itself ...I would list them

1.) Harry was supposed to be Patient , calm , & enduring ( He needed all that in DH ) ...& not a spoilt hot headed boy  ( which he would have become Of stayed in wizard world ...Like dumby said Famous even before He can Walk Or Talk & for a thing he don't remember ) 

2.) As he mentioned in 5 th part...he counted on Magic of Love for Harry's protection more than powers of himself.

nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Varun , he didn't doubled the protection ...but Staying at the place where blood relative of lily Was A condition for the sacrifice of lily to work. Had Dumbledor taken Harry somewhere else...This charm would have been broken & Harry would have depended entirely on Any external protection Dmbledor could provide...

As for killing petunia & then getting Harry...yeah nice question !!! I reckon Every member of No.4 privet drive was safe until Harry was 17 &
 that's why Dursleys were shifted To magical protection in DH...despite the fact that voldy was toh back from 0op itself but they were Safe in these 2 years

Lemme quote Harry's words to Uncle Vernon from 3rd chapter of DH ...

"Kingsley & Mr. Weasley explained it all as well. Once I'm seventeen, the protective charm that keeps me safe will break, and that expose you as wel as me "

Concentrate on last sentence...lol it's self explanatory
Edited by nobo - 11 years ago
Cutecj thumbnail
I agree on the point about the protection for Harry.
Remember the time Vernon and Petunia wanted to throw Harry out of the house and Petunia got a howler 😆.

Any ways although it was a nightmare to stay with the Dursleys Harry had great friends in an amazing world to forget the worries.
Cutecj thumbnail
Harry Potter could talk to snakes and make unusual things happen. He usually has a particular dream of a flying motorcycle(which of course is reality as he was in the motorcycle) but the Dursleys especially Vernon did not like it when Harry talked of such things. Because of this Harry becomes rather preserved and we notice he talks to the snake as he relates himself with it. Harry was quite pleased to realize he was meant for a much wonderful world when Hagrid came to give him his letter.
How would you feel if you were in Harry's shoes?

I certainly would be filled with an overwhelming joy that might make my heart to burst with huge smiles.⭐️😃

Edited by Cutecj - 11 years ago
Cutecj thumbnail
Harry was not so pleased with the way he looked but was very proud of having a scar shaped like a lightning bolt.