Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I started watching KTLK hardly around 2 months only. Had caught it very accidentally but then liked it coz it was KK's show -- an actress whom I admire for everything she is - on and off screen - since her show KMH-1. Later on, something that appealed to me the most was the beautiful storyline (except entire Mallu part😑). I hated Ashu during Mallu track but after reading ur posts on his psycho-analysis; got convinced and used to with his idiosyncrasies. πŸ˜ƒ Now, I like Ashu for what he is... But for me ASHU=SK only... Whatever liking I have for this character is only coz SK portrays him.

I love both Ashu and Nidhi; may be Nidhi little more coz KK portrays her, but love them most as AshNi both together. I feel the other is void without one... Don't like AshNi separated or any 3rd person entering in between the duo - except their own child in future... AshNi rock and so do SK+KK!!! In fact, for me, AshNi are unbeatable coz SK+KK have been playing them!!!
ttrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: koyelbasu

I love both Nidhi & Ashu but love Nidhi little more than Ashu. Ashni Rocks! I think I attracted to KTLK from the 1st promo and Ashni from very 1st day.

πŸ€—

ttrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: achiever

My love at first sight has been Nidhi in this show.. bt I still can feel the piercing eyes of Ashu for the first time on Nidhi wen she came and told him abt her decision to leave hospital after sahenshah incident.. it was like first knock of luv for Ashu... thr was so much in his eyes.. and i still cannot forget tht luk... bt thn with mallu episode and with whole drama Ashu never impressed me much as a wholesome character.. he seemed to b much weaker character.. he mite be gentle bt he wasnt strong.. and i like strong and confident personalities.. he mite have been rite in KPji's eyes.. bt he was wrong in my eyes..and tht always led him down..

i luv Ashu lately coz its protrayed by very charming SK.. his smile.. haaiye.. haaiye.. tho i wanted to hit him hard with recent mallu tracks.. bt still i luv the way SK is protraying this character.. some intrinsic qualities like.. his yearning for his wife during seperation or the romance in his eyes wen together.. or the genuine affection tht oozes in form of wonderful smile.. i heart thm! 

Down the memory lane:  The moment of falling in luv for thm and for me..😳

Nidhi's tells him her decision to resign:

The tuff moment of resignation!😳

Ditto ditto Manisha... TFS the links... will watch them for sure!!!
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Started watching the show because I had fallen in love with DK when I had seen it remember sitting through the 7-8at a stretch , wondered whether we would be as good , subtle or over the top but ashus character came as a lovely surprise some moments with MB were fab when he agonizes over his love the convention scenes but I wondered would I really been happy to see my daughter married to him , then sharad came along at first little uncomfortable but he grew into the role and suddenly I was fida over his character the lover nuances were wonderful the touched my heart and ashu really becamemy favorite like you Sujata ji my fav character has always been mr Darcy but sharad as ashu beats him I think he will always remain aa part of our hearts despite being a fictional one maybe the elgance the sauvenes the brillance the high level of education plus the imperfections make him what he is , not to forget the gorgeusly handsome guy who potrays him thank you mr kpji for this one unforgetable character
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I like Ashu bcaz of his innocence,introvert nature(Hitchkichahat),honesty and simplicity,not bcaz of any super-heroic or filmy reason and started liking it from the very first day,though i have little favor for Nidhi now.
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Superb post Sujathaji.
    I was attracted to KTLK because of the storyline.It is the first serial which I'm watching.From the first episode I liked Ashutosh( not bec of any specific actor)...intense & complex.The character grew up on me.Though I wanted to hate him when he neglected & accused Nidhi( during Mallu's pagalpan) but I couldnot.May be bec I read that SK was on wheelchair & recuperating from knee surgery, so they had to shift the focus to the house(MM).I love the show & want it's Trp to increase mainly for it's survival but I don't want Nidhi( or any character) to become superhuman because that is what makes this show different.
     I never had any problem with replacement.But now I admire Sharad for his dedication, hard work & acting. KK is also doing a fab job.
meenu0527 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I fall for Ashu when Nidhi started to fall for him..!
Shee_xaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Amuja_27

great answer.
ttrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: Amuja_27

Pat reply!!! Indeed!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Shari30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=Sujatha.rao]
Can you recall the moment when you fell in love with Ashutosh as a character?

While I enjoy the show, for me it is about Ashutosh at the end of the day. i am unashamedly biased. When I think back to the moments when I recognized that the character had me under its spell, I recall the time when he asked her to look at herself through his eyes, the time he rushed around to find ginger tea to share with her virtually, the time he begged her to hold on and stall the engagement, and the time he told her that he had travelled a long way back to see her.

But the defining moment was when he stepped back with grace when she asked him to let her go. When he let her go without malice and resentment and still continued to care for her emotional wellbeing. There have been many times when I have felt anger against him since then, and anger against the writer for making him do things I couldn't digest, And yet, I kept trying to understand him, trying to give him the benefit of doubt for acts that most others found indefensible. Never before have I bothered to defend a fictional character or made an effort to understand and explain his actions, Yet, Ashutosh compelled me to do it. The love affair continues to this day despite everything. He is no paragon of virtue, no perfect husband nor a perfect anything. Yet, his imperfections are reason why I love him.

Jane Austen's Mr Darcy remained unchallenged as my most favorite fictional hero ever for all these years. There  was no man in the fictional world who could ever compete with him. Now, Ashutosh is as much if not more loved than Mr Darcy!

Would love to know if it was love at first sight or if Ashutosh grew on you so insidiously that you did not even realize when it happened!

[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you on the count that DARCY is unchallenged. Ashutosh has grown on me. To be frank ashu attracted me as I was a fan of DK Ahmer being one of the characters I grew up on and  for me monish behel was the embodiment of  him. 

Hmmm when did ashu start to attract me ... His first reaction to the first rose that nids gave. Who can forget the rain sequence where we got to see the man behind hardstone. And haan the violin scene when he plays for her, orrr that voice when he comes back, calls her and goes hey doc...

I agree with you the beauty of ashu is that he is flawed behind the image of the perfect doc we find a flawed man with his fears and insecurities yet who despite all loves his nidhi to bits. 

Shari