Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5

I spent 20,000 rupees voting on Isha (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -HelloHiByeBye-

Originally posted by Me_Anonymous

It's Isha who decided not to perform, not the Channel. At least that's what I heard/read.

Anyhow, they should still re-imburse all those who wasted their money voting for a contestant who is not performing in the Grand Finale - for whatever reason.

Ayesha, 20,000 Indian Rupees is around 230 - 240 Smile
It's a lot of moneyShocked

230-240 in uk..
U call that alot of money :O
I find that less despite bein in.uk

Less? Seriously? Our electricity bill is nearly that much... I call that expensiveEmbarrassed. I could even get 2 weeks worth grocery in that much money...Big smile

Also, around 200 is standard room rent per week in central london (if you go in more affluent areas then it's a lot more than just 200) but still... it's quite a bit of moneySmile
its 300-400pound per room rent in scotland. LOL - that must be per month. Here, outer London areas you have to pay rent per week and per person. It starts with about 150 and as you enter inner London areas it increases. Scotland is supposed to be much cheaper than London, isn't it?

I always say its less for me cause I always have that much in my pocket :D. - wow, what do you do? Tell me so that I can do that too to have that much in my pocket at any timeTongue

For grocery lasting two weeks costs us 100pound maximum, I think it cause in my family we fulfil our wish wiyh our own pocket money or what we earn so.. - ahh okay. In London, just getting the basic grocery costs more than 100 per week (and when you get home, it's not a lot of things really. Just very basic stuff like bread, milk, juice etc). It's really expensive in LondonAngry. I guess that's why I feel 200 is a lot of money to spend on just votesSmile.

R u in london? Yup, LondonSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I spent 20,000 rupees voting on Isha (Page 4)" in Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by khushboorath

Just one question: Who benefits the most from reality shows?

Channel - wrong, because there is that risk of the show not performing so well so loss in that respect and less investors/financers next time around and explaining this investment to shareholders

Audience - wrong, they only spend their money voting and paying for the TV services (subscription etc) and electricity to watch TV/ or online so add in Internet costs as well

Contestants - right. No matter what happens, they still get paid for however long they stay in the competition so it's a win-win for them if they are awarded the prize and winner title at the end too.

So money wise, Contestants are the true winners and Channel and Audience are notStern Smile.

channel also win by getting so much sms...this mobile ppl pay them and gave them special kind of number...that y thy ask for sms...jitna sms utna money...otherwise thy might use online one...
remember onces did used miscall...just becoz they had some major issue with this network ppl...

The channels do but not always. Like I said there is still that risk of a show not making enough in return i.e. not even covering the costs spent on making the show/paying contestants, judges, production staff etc - so no break-even let alone any profits

The real winners are the contestants. Whether a show is successfull or not, they don't really care, do they? They are still going to get paid even if TRPs decrease.

Missed Calls? Really, who used that? Missed calls don't really cost voters, do they? or does it depend on service provider?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-optimist--Chandramukhi-

khushboorath

Goldie

khushboorath

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by khushboorath

Just one question: Who benefits the most from reality shows?

Channel - wrong, because there is that risk of the show not performing so well so loss in that respect and less investors/financers next time around and explaining this investment to shareholders

Audience - wrong, they only spend their money voting and paying for the TV services (subscription etc) and electricity to watch TV/ or online so add in Internet costs as well

Contestants - right. No matter what happens, they still get paid for however long they stay in the competition so it's a win-win for them if they are awarded the prize and winner title at the end too.

So money wise, Contestants are the true winners and Channel and Audience are notStern Smile.

channel also win by getting so much sms...this mobile ppl pay them and gave them special kind of number...that y thy ask for sms...jitna sms utna money...otherwise thy might use online one...
remember onces did used miscall...just becoz they had some major issue with this network ppl...

The channels do but not always. Like I said there is still that risk of a show not making enough in return i.e. not even covering the costs spent on making the show/paying contestants, judges, production staff etc - so no break-even let alone any profits

The real winners are the contestants. Whether a show is successfull or not, they don't really care, do they? They are still going to get paid even if TRPs decrease.

Missed Calls? Really, who used that? Missed calls don't really cost voters, do they? or does it depend on service provider?

did used miscall once...dnt know bout more details...
well agree with u whether show is successful or not contestant never loose...
but no channel keep on running a show if it is not giving them profit...this is also 10000000% true...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Me_Anonymous

Rapier

IF-Rockerz

Rapier

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --GODFATHER--

i NEVER spent a RUPEE on these  CELEBS ---- but still -- can CHANNEL reimburse me  SOME MONEY _-- for watching their scripted show ?? / @@ 

LOL right???!!!

I haven't spent a cent on their show. But I still feel like I should be reimbursed something for all the time I had wasted watching a scripted show.

@TM: Don't ever waste your hard-earned money on a TV Show...ever! There is no guarantee that your votes are being used to keep your favorite in. The only guarantee is that your vote is going to make the show makers richer. Just an advice!

khushboorath

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

It's Isha who decided not to perform, not the Channel. At least that's what I heard/read.

Anyhow, they should still re-imburse all those who wasted their money voting for a contestant who is not performing in the Grand Finale - for whatever reason.

Ayesha, 20,000 Indian Rupees is around 230 - 240 Smile
It's a lot of moneyShocked

230-240 in uk..
U call that alot of money :O
I find that less despite bein in.uk

Less? Seriously? Our electricity bill is nearly that much... I call that expensiveEmbarrassed. I could even get 2 weeks worth grocery in that much money...Big smile

Also, around 200 is standard room rent per week in central london (if you go in more affluent areas then it's a lot more than just 200) but still... it's quite a bit of moneySmile
its 300-400pound per room rent in scotland. LOL<font color="#990033"> - that must be per month.</font> <font color="#990033">Here, outer London areas you have to pay rent per week and per person. It starts with about 150 and as you enter inner London areas it increases. Scotland is supposed to be much cheaper than London</font><font color="#990033">, isn't it?</font>

I always say its less for me cause I always have that much in my pocket :D.<font color="#990033"> - wow, what do you do? Tell me so that I can do that too to have that much in my pocket at any timeTongue</font>

For grocery lasting two weeks costs us 100pound maximum, I think it cause in my family we fulfil our wish wiyh our own pocket money or what we earn so..<font color="#990033"> - ahh okay. In London, just getting the basic grocery costs more than 100 per week (and when you get home, it's not a lot of things really. Just very basic stuff like bread, milk, juice etc). It's really expensive in LondonAngry. I guess that's why I feel 200 is a lot of money to spend on just votesSmile.</font>

R u in london? <font color="#990033">Yup, LondonSmile</font>

Its always per month here, only a few houses on rent ask everyweek thougj
Na scotland more expensive than england as a whole esp london.
Well I do tutoring, assist my sister who id a hair n makeup artist, asist my other sis with mehndi, I do work experience which some of voluntary work pays me, college pays me, government also pays me to study, also part time worker in local shop,
Thats me earning always under all that LOL of ur studying try n do tutoring to the younger ones on level below u ;).c
Easy way u knw xxx

I come london for holiday every summer..

Me_Anonymous

IF-Veteran Member

Me_Anonymous

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

Well I do tutoring, assist my sister who id a hair n makeup artist, asist my other sis with mehndi, I do work experience which some of voluntary work pays me, college pays me, government also pays me to study, also part time worker in local shop,
Thats me earning always under all that LOL of ur studying try n do tutoring to the younger ones on level below u ;).c
Easy way u knw xxx

nah,it's always per person in London even if you share a room... that's why I said its more expensive here.

Come on, Scotland students still have to pay the standard 4499 fee in uni, don't they while the rest have to pay the increased 9000 minimum. Or is it Wales students?Confused

Wow, you do a lot, don't you? Anyhow, it's not that easy to find tutoring jobs in London, especially in Greater London areas (where I live). Travelling in central London per day costs 8 off-peak ticket so not really worth it to travel for a job that pays 10 per hour... not worth the trouble and the expenses. And if travelling by car then the petrol costs and congestion chargeAngry

u in uni or sixth form/college?

Anyhow, why are we discussing this London vs Soctland expensive on this voting for Isha topic?LOL

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged

Easy way u knw xxx

nah,it's always per person in London even if you share a room... that's why I said its more expensive here.

Come on, Scotland students still have to pay the standard 4499 fee in uni, don't they while the rest have to pay the increased 9000 minimum. Or is it Wales students?Confused

Wow, you do a lot, don't you? Anyhow, it's not that easy to find tutoring jobs in London, especially in Greater London areas (where I live). Travelling in central London per day costs 8 off-peak ticket so not really worth it to travel for a job that pays 10 per hour... not worth the trouble and the expenses. And if travelling by car then the petrol costs and congestion chargeAngry

u in uni or sixth form/college?

Anyhow, why are we discussing this London vs Soctland expensive on this voting for Isha topic?LOL

no we uni ppl dont pay. Its wales who pay. In scotland we only pay post graduate LOL post graduates pay only 2000 per person
I take underground n I walk whoch costs me 22 a mnth
To study n back
N btw am in 1st yr uni doing it at college..
Whats 6th form college. Confused. pm me regarding this
Aye why we talking about scotland england debate of politics.
Back to topic of isha.
U wanna continue this then shift to scrap or isha thread

Edited by -HelloHiByeBye- - 28 September 2012 at 3:39pm

Me_Anonymous

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
LOL why would you spend that much money on such a silly thing?LOL
Can't blame the channel for the atrocious waste of money. It was your own decision, bud. 

.Kryptonite.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.